HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone ever worked as a trainee CADD engineer/operator?

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #136

during interview, they will try their best 2 entice u 2 join. den they will send u a contract 2 ur email. den they will call u once a week 2 entice u 2 join again. lol. why? cus u r juz a money making tool 4 them. the courses don worth a cent. CAD books from any libararies will be much better tchers. if u quit, they will sue u until u drop. thats how they make $$.
fatcats likes this.
BigMan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #137

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ea...4129442-4.html

i agree with bigman123, anybody wants to join please think thrice.
Santeora and fatcats like this.
derensux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #138

My 2 cents

The impression i have of this company is to make as much money as possible and everything else is secondary... when I see this trait in a company... its never a good idea to join such an organisation no matter how bright the prospect they paint it to be. You are essentially signing yourself off to work in a "sweat shop"... work non stop for low pay for extremely boring job(drafting) ... worse off than those kids working in foxconn in china making ipads and iphones... Yes every company purpose is to make money but not in this manner... not in a way that will cause you misery in those 2 years and to squeeze every single drop of sweat from you. I am glad I did not sign up to this company. I dun even know why they are getting so many awards for training engineers... They are more like taking advantage of them...
jyakku likes this.
kanzie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #139

Drafting and designing is tough but rewarding

Kanzie88, if you think that everything in this world just appears miraculously in front of you, then you have the symptom of the spoiled modern kid.

Our country is built by engineers, from civil to structural, to mechanical to electrical, and drafting is simply the foundation! Do you know how many people aspire to climb to become a design engineer but don't have the chance because of weak CAD fundamentals?

While you want things to be easy, at a snap of a finger, i can tell you that such will not happen in the Infrastructure and Construction sector.

My 2 cents. And I fully respect every single person who has spent so much effort to crafting the future of singapore... the trains, the buildings, the Sports Hub.
qqweeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #140

How can the company take advantage when everything you learn belongs to yourself?

Kanzie88, do you know that drafting is the cornerstone of engineering and a skill much appreciated by engineers all around the world?

If you think is boring, have you even done drafting? Everyone starts with basic skills and can lead to much farther and greater options in the construction sector.

Such narrowmindedness of yours reflects on a very low self-esteem which craves monetary and social recognition.

How can the company take advantage when everything you learn belongs to yourself?

work non stop for low pay for extremely boring job(drafting) ... worse off than those kids working in foxconn in china making ipads and iphones... I dun even know why they are getting so many awards for training engineers... They are more like taking advantage of them...
gellogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #141

I hope more Singaporeans step up and are willing to take up a challenge.

This is a testimonial from an employee:

Under the traineeship, I had acquired the skills necessary to excel in the construction sector. - Salihin

Summing it all up, AcePLP has made great changes in my career life. I am grateful for the opportunities during the 2 years traineeship. With the current highly competitive employment market, design engineering opportunities are hard to come by. I hope more Singaporeans step up and are willing to take up a challenge.

Aceplp.com.sg Website -> Careers -> What Trainees Say

i agree with bigman123, anybody wants to join please think thrice.
gellogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #142

AcePLP LinkedIn

Here are some that I found, when you google using LinkedIn -

Yong Shen Lim - he is still with AcePLP
Soh Tiong Khoon - he graduated
Kang Poh Peng, PMP - he graduated
Tan Ying Kiat - he graduated

Cheers!

I guess some will look at it as a fair trade off, you gain a lot of experience working on many different proects at different companies, got chance to really broaden your network.

What I would like to hear though is what ppl are doing and earning after they "graduate" from aceplp
kerinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #143

Stepping Stone

BigMan with small brains... If you can come out with a company model that survives by just suing people for 15 years, it would be an amazing model to not be caught by the govt.

Sorry for being harsh in my address. But I feel bad for the my company Aceplp. I represent Aceplp to provide design engineering services. AKA drafting, CSD drawings, modifications, coordination. My seniors have all gained stepping stone into the construction sector.

If you can learn CAD through books, then why it's so difficult for people to get a professional job as a design engineer? Everything can be self taught, but recognition comes with industry experience.. and this is what a bonded training can allow you, and what AcePLP can achieve thru our network of clients.

If the course are not worth it, why are NTUC and BCA running such course at such expensive rates for 28-hour or 32-hours...? Do you know that AcePLP AutoCAD training runs for 2 weeks... plus there are even night classes.

THe money is generated through charging client man-hours. IE auditing firms also do that... the only difference is long hours of crunching numbers.

People like me take pride in working in this sector.... I enjoy seeing the buildings come alive eventually, and walking around my creations. And it's only through the training that I made it.

Aceplp.com.sg > Careers > Testimonial

the courses don worth a cent. CAD books from any libararies will be much better tchers. if u quit, they will sue u. thats how they make $$.
queen12345 likes this.
taleon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #144

Cadpro.sg features staffs from AcePLP... Learn more through the direct staffs... They all talked about the difficulties. Guess this is a challenging industry who really dig participating in building and infrastructure works.

From Realty Sales to Conquering CSD (Salihin)
JEM-ing it Up in the Wild Wild West (Harmeet)
Introducing You To The World of MRT (Yap Kimm Ho)
BIM-ing His Way Through (Toh Jia Ban)
Patience is the Key (Sheik Uduman)
M & E Trainee Supports Structural Works (Jin Hui)
kerinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #145

The main point of my argument is that the company is one big blood sucking organization ... U can't disagree with me on that... Why do you have to take so much money of these engineers?
Old 09-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #146

Kanzie88, do you know that drafting is the cornerstone of engineering and a skill much appreciated by engineers all around the world?

If you think is boring, have you even done drafting? Everyone starts with basic skills and can lead to much farther and greater options in the construction sector.

Such narrowmindedness of yours reflects on a very low self-esteem which craves monetary and social recognition.

Everything unlearn belongs to yourself, and u deserve 99% credit for that cause its your effort but the company is taking 50% of your revenue...I did not devalue the worth of drafting ... I am just stating the facts for people who have ever done it before... Don't just think of all the goodies that entails drafting... Understand whether it suits you... It doesn't suit everybody
Old 19-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #147

Hi guys, may i ask if do you know anyone who left ACE and what did the company do to them? Are they banned working with other companies? And what are the legal measures being done with them? Thanks.
Stryder78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #148
Master Member

digging this thread.

i learnt ACAD on my own, worked 2 yrs in a drafting job and i'm reaching my "peak". nothing left to learn here.

when you guys say learning new things, you went from CAD draftsman to civil engineer? how is that jump possible?

drawing on a PC is not equal to building structures, or do you also learn the technical aspects of it, the tolerances of concrete, how to construct a load bearing structure etc. etc.?
Old 29-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #149

Next move

Definitely my seniors who are EEE graduates have become an electrical engineer in the building sector, after going though the traineeship that focused on drafting.

I am also looking to shift out of drafting, but assistant engineer level!

digging this thread.

i learnt ACAD on my own, worked 2 yrs in a drafting job and i'm reaching my "peak". nothing left to learn here.

when you guys say learning new things, you went from CAD draftsman to civil engineer? how is that jump possible?

drawing on a PC is not equal to building structures, or do you also learn the technical aspects of it, the tolerances of concrete, how to construct a load bearing structure etc. etc.?
Old 29-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #150

i'm just glad this is really for me! i'm a CAD-ing geek. If you are not, I can understand that this will really not be suitable. Frankly speaking never felt like this a money sucking company... it's definitely not making the kind of money that developers do... i think the training is really sound and worth every single cent as a traineeship.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.