Anyone ever worked as a trainee CADD engineer/operator?

fatcats

Reaction score
this is how this coy work.
1) train u for 2 mths. they claim the training worth $5k but to me it only worth ard $1k at most because such courses are very cheap and easily available.
2) attach u to other companies for 2 years. the price those companies will pay to aceplp usually range from 3k to 5k a mth. aceplp will then give u ard 40-60% of wad they get from them to YOU as salary. Basically, u r getting only 1-2k for doing a 3-5k job for 27 months(i will explain why 27 not 24). In this sense, even recruitment agencies are better then them. At least they don leech so much.
3) the contract u sign with them acts the same way as using a 100kg plated doublelock to cuff your leg so that you cant run away from the company for 27 months. If u try to buy a key to uncuff your leg, you need to fork out 16k sgd. If u dont, they will engage their lawyer to sue u until u faint.
4) its 27 mths, not 24, because u need to give 3 mths notice period to quit after your 2 years bond. If u don't give the notice period, they can sue you and dont give u the performance bonus. Its very low anyway.
5) in order to get the performance bonus, you must show them your cpf to prove you r not working 4 their clients for a few mths den they will decide if they will give u the very low performance bonus. joker?
Yeah agree with what this guy said. Even performance bonus have to depends on their mood to give. Don't waste our precious 27 months in that company. You all are worth more than that!

fatcats

Reaction score
errrr so what's the problem with using the money that the company earns from clients to pay us salary? Isn't that the way a normal company works - earn profit, use the profit to pay employees their salaries no? hahaha! At least, that's what I've seen in other companies.

ngkyn87 it's okay not to agree!! Once you join aceplp, you will know what is hell. Nobody is stoping you. Go ahead and sign the contract.

fatcats

Reaction score
Real Experience from an Ex-trainee from Aceplp

I graduated from this program a few months ago. And I can truly share what's my real experience in this company.

If you are a fresh graduate from either ITE, POLY or UNI regardless of your background or inexperience, ACE will definitely want you! Becos you are FRESH from the society so literally easily deceived by the contract as the management has BUNCH of literate SCHOLARS from the family who are highly educated and they are really eloquent in their speaking so those will power are not strong enough will easily listen to what they say and as long as you get the contract signed, their job is done!! And you'll become one of the money making machines :)

So why is it 24 months? (excluding the 2 months training and 1 month notice = 27months).
They'll say something like "Oh you'll exposed to alot of opportunities in the industry and you will be able to gain lots of experience and once you graduate from this program definitely you get a certificate from them(Aceplp) and much better paying jobs. (last part is true but the cert you can flush away cos from the seniors comment tat people see the cert, the more they don't wan to hire you!)

BUTTTT! The truth is ... they just want the $$$ only because they can earn your contract price up to 80% and they don't care where and what attachment you get cos they will "sell" you away with their highly eloquent speaking skills saying "Oh this person can do this, can do that, can do OT, can travel, can do everything! but is this the truth? Therefore the client believe what they said and accept you since they sell you in this way but when the real happens, until the client realized that the work done is not tally to what they have said. You might be send back to Ace office and get eyed by the boss and this is the chance to DEDUCT your pay, which the boss job scope is all about. YAY!! The point here is .. YOU WORK FOR FREE without getting your VMA3 regardless you are a ITE, POLY or UNI grad! Worst than a part time!

Even thou they will tell you that you are under a traineeship program but the namecard they gave you writes BIM/CAD Engineer, so you are an engineer to the client but getting a trainee pay from Ace. Contradicting much :s13::s13:

I have say a fair thing here, even though i encountered really negative experience in this company, however the people(trainee) I've met there are really good, almost the same age range and all got cheated by the contract. Nothing to do with the management!

I've still got alot to share but it gets abit long winded now, if anyone have any queries to seek for, do not hesitate to approach any seniors who have been thru the program and asked for real advice because Aceplp will send you an email telling you not to be influenced by the negative reviews because they just want to cover up all the bad things they have done! Why I know? Cos my friend received this email before LOL!

Some real tips: They have re-designed the contract again making the Basic Monthly Salary(BMS) to 800$ , lesser than the contract 2-3 years ago. Becos they can't touch your BMS, in order to deduct more money, they decrease your BMS and increase the VMA1 and 2 so that more money can be deducted from you. So be careful when reading it! Or you can just tear it in front of them cos YOU DESERVE BETTER PAY AND TREATMENT!

Any fresh grad can get any job and pay better than in this company! Stop wasting your youthful and precious 27 months with them!! Sincerely encouraged all those who intend or interested to join them to THINK A THOUSAND TIMES unless you don't mind being a super cheap labour! GOOD LUCK!

Signing off
Ex-trainee

Last edited:

Mr Anonymous

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This coy keep spamming me to go for interview. I didn't even apply with them:s22:

boringlah

Reaction score
Recently attended the interview. Here is my review.

- 7 days annual leave per year, ONLY
- Must clock in clock out, go toilet also must clock out
- The salary is ridiculously low (degree holder earn (including working everyday OT) max bring home $1400, most of the time get much lower) Go figure yourself for Nitec & Diploma.
- Training months salary bring home $800
- Strict contract 26 MONTHS.
- Their "advertisement" brochure, alot of hidden $$$
- Company is about making money and suck you till you dry
- Filipino HR people, so arrogant (not related haha)
- Location to me it is inconvenient
- Their target employees are gullible naive fresh graduates usually foreign students studying in Singapore
- Working hour everyday till 8pm plus (no OT pay during training of 2 months)
- During the interview they ask how many MC you take on average (stupid question and from there I can tell what kind of environment is that)
- The Pinoy HR i cannot tahan talk to her

BOTTOMLINE: DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. the interview had 1 hour AutoCAD test, 1 hour IQ test, 1 hour for fill up forms & interview itself

I hope the company change for better.

bigmouthhong

Reaction score
Just want to enquire other than aceplp anyone have any ideas where to learn bim/cad... With industrial apprenticeship?

Cyoloyolo

Reaction score
I went to the interview quite recently. Did a 1 hour IQ test, followed by watching 30 mins worth of videos about previous acePLP batch "engineers" interviews and lastly a short interview.

During the interview, I was interviewed by an HR guy, who was kind of weird/ unprofessional/ rude? Throughout the interview, I doubt he pays any attention to what I'm talking because he just kept looking outside towards the classroom direction. And suddenly out of nowhere, he asked when can I start work, and start giving me all the documents?

The starting pay they offered is $1600 (degree holder). This 26 months programme is tied with a 26 months bond that requires a guarantor (ps. guarantor income has to be at least $2500 per month) and a witness. When I told them that I can't find a suitable guarantor with the income they specified, they said they will introduce me another scheme, and mentioned that my salary will have some changes due to this, which is salary deduction (from the already pathetic amount), and the deducted amount will only be returned to us after 12 months. huh? where's the logic? :s11:

After reading many negative reviews on Glassdoor, yet, I still plan to go down to their office to sign the contract and "try my luck" - as there are still some positive reviews out there.

But after the HR informed me about the deduction because the guarantor that I have doesn't meet their requirements, I TOTALLY. 360 DEGREE. CHANGE. MY. MIND. MAJOR TURN OFF. Which company even implement this kind of alternative scheme (deducting employee's salary, which doesn't really make sense at all)?!

I saw a lot of "deduction" on the Glassdoor review portal and I find the reviews quite subjective. But it turned out to be somehow true? :mad: Big matter--deduct pay; Small matter--deduct pay; no matter--also deduct pay.

Cyoloyolo

Reaction score
Recently attended the interview. Here is my review.

- 7 days annual leave per year, ONLY
- Must clock in clock out, go toilet also must clock out
- The salary is ridiculously low (degree holder earn (including working everyday OT) max bring home $1400, most of the time get much lower) Go figure yourself for Nitec & Diploma.
- Training months salary bring home $800
- Strict contract 26 MONTHS.
- Their "advertisement" brochure, alot of hidden $$$
- Company is about making money and suck you till you dry
- Filipino HR people, so arrogant (not related haha)
- Location to me it is inconvenient
- Their target employees are gullible naive fresh graduates usually foreign students studying in Singapore
- Working hour everyday till 8pm plus (no OT pay during training of 2 months)
- During the interview they ask how many MC you take on average (stupid question and from there I can tell what kind of environment is that)
- The Pinoy HR i cannot tahan talk to her

BOTTOMLINE: DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. the interview had 1 hour AutoCAD test, 1 hour IQ test, 1 hour for fill up forms & interview itself

I hope the company change for better.
In the end, did you accept their offer?

happylang

Reaction score
Good platform

I studied diploma in Marine offshore but since this industry is not doing quite well I needed to find other jobs. I worked as a retail assistant before I joined Aceplp as a trainee CAD engineer. I can say that this job as a trainee is a good platform since they provide the training. I have also have passion in designing using software which also has drawn me to apply for this job.:) Many has said bad things about the programme but if you look into the good that it can offer especially in your career goals.I think you will be able to enjoy what you are doing.

I can say that if you are looking for a place to start your career in the built environment industry you can look into what Aceplp has to offer.

d-anila

Reaction score
A place to grow

I joined Aceplp as a fresh graudate, from then till now I do not have much complaints as i got to learn autocad and revit skills, which i know is good for my future career path.

I really appreciate the opportunity that the company provides and being able to learn different skills and the chance to work with different companies.

Its quite good if you are fresh graduate and interested in the drafting and modelling industry. :)

You need to work hard as learning new skills can be difficult but its rewarding.

dariel

Reaction score
I think this is a place for people who wants to learn skills like Autocad and Revit.

You need to work 5.5 days during starting period , however it is a good place for graduates to start and learn new skills, meet new friends and have a better career prospect.

Hope my comments helps! :) :)

builderlang

Reaction score
So far So Good

My start with Aceplp has been a mixed of ups and downs due to the programme being so fast paced because its just 2 months however due to the help of my fellow apprentice and trainers I was able to cope with work.

At first the salary was a bit of a problem but progressively when I am getting better projects salary is good for a start.

So far so good.

dashley

Reaction score
Peaceful Environment

Hi guys,

I have worked in Aceplp before.

What I love here is the peaceful environment and this is very important to me as I don't like noisy workplaces :s13::s12:

Hardwork is key if you want to move up the career ladder I guess .

But overall it is really a enjoyable experience as I get to go and learn from different companies .
:s12::s12::s12::s12:

satabitabi

Reaction score
Progression

I used to work for a interior design company and used AutoCAD most of the time but I did not really feel any progression. Since I found out that the company is providing training i felt that its a good opprtunity for me.

Training was difficult for me from the start since I was away from school for 2 years now but the trainers help me to catch up.

The most annoying part is that sometimes no choice must really go to a far away project site but good thing is that its only for a short period of time.

Overall the experience is good.

outofgrid

Reaction score
I worked as a BIM/CAD trainee here in Aceplp. So far its fun because I get to practice and get expose to architectural drawings.

One thing I am sad about is that you will not always get the project you want. But overall everything is okay since I am still learning new things apart from architectural drawings.

paskona

Reaction score
Big in the Market

Since BIM/CADD is becoming more popular in Singapore. I thought this will be a big opportunity for me to gain new skills. Aceplp has provided me that since they offer the apprenticeship programme. What I like about this is that I am able to network in the companies that I am attached to. However, I am still getting used to the thought of always changing project locations. Quite tiring but managable.

bernardd

Reaction score
During the training period , I learn different software and I manage to gain different skills and experience with the company.

I am able to use these skills when I am doing the application part.

I look forward to my future career in this industry in the future. :s8:

trixxxia

Reaction score
I do agreed with jyakku & didi29.
The training they provide to trainees are so basic
that u can learn from any CAD books which u can find
in the library. As long as u finish up the basic autocad
and microstation trainning..( can be within a month or 2)
u will be really to be sell as a skillful cad engineers to customers
( as what they claim on-the job -trainning). But when u
unable to produce what the customers want due to lack
of experience then they will ask for replacement. ( that mean u r
rejected and sent back to office) although due to insufficient training
but the boss scold u for not put in effort in your job.
They are more to say.. :(
Especially the Contract.. word with in word to trap careless ppl in.
Even MOM cannot do anything. :s16:
why do you say that MOM can't do anything?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.