HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone ever worked as a trainee CADD engineer/operator?

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #16

i'm an engineering diploma holder and currently still working at aceplp and about to complete the 2 yrs programme. i am expecting my bonus and now about to look for a new job. the line manager is still negotiating for my next potential employer's terms and conditions.

my training was in total 2 months inclusive of 1 month of theory and 1 month of internal ojt. my colleagues hve diff training period as some learn faster some are slower. its not bad, i learnt a lot after working at 6 diff companies.
im happy for those who are finishing your 2 years and are looking forward to your bonus, i doubt that they will give you bonus.
if anyone really interested to join them, go for an interview, they will also ask you to do a test, even you don't know how to do, dun worry they will still want you, cos we are their money making tool,
my biggest regret is i didnt ask the ppl around working at the company and end up regretted, to me i have board onto the pirate ship, feel free to ask those ppl working there, they will happily tell you whether is it woth to join.. just my two cent worth.
justice_light likes this.
didi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #17

I do agreed with jyakku & didi29.
The training they provide to trainees are so basic
that u can learn from any CAD books which u can find
in the library. As long as u finish up the basic autocad
and microstation trainning..( can be within a month or 2)
u will be really to be sell as a skillful cad engineers to customers
( as what they claim on-the job -trainning). But when u
unable to produce what the customers want due to lack
of experience then they will ask for replacement. ( that mean u r
rejected and sent back to office) although due to insufficient training
but the boss scold u for not put in effort in your job.
They are more to say..
Especially the Contract.. word with in word to trap careless ppl in.
Even MOM cannot do anything.
justice_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #18
Master Member

I have not checked this thread in a while but nice replies... i guess.

I have since learned AutoCAD on my own from videos available on the web, got the basic 2D stuff and landed a job as a draftsman.

Pay is meh... but I guess it's fine since I have zero experience and it's real OTJ learning. Now I'm more familiar with ACAD, Blocks, Fields etc.

Still have a lot to learn but I'm moving into 3D now.
AhGongGong likes this.
Old 18-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #19

When on earth is the world against me? What I know this company is exploiting my fren. He told me several bad experiences of other colleagues as well who have been duped into working for this company for at least 2 years. I am glad to hear that you are able to utilize your time with this company as a stepping stone for your career growth. Others may not.

Their chief trainer resigned for better job and apparently they even promote trainee as trainer who is even junior than my fren. Why can't they get a qualified or experienced trainer? I bet trainer's salary is also at the lowest side like my fren; that best explains why no one is willing to be trainer for this company. What a joke!

Don't be so naive that this is not the only company with such job package. Others like Cadskill may have better package than this.
chey, u talk whole day in de end is ur fren ah? where ur credible???

anywy if i can use dis aceplp as stepping stne den how cum ur fren cannot??

im happy where i m now, i dun tink i got a bad deal frm aceplp at all. in de end is reallly how u mk use of the oppotunitys tt r given to u........ tts why sum ppl r more success then other in de end........
AhGongGong likes this.
FerreroForte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #20

im happy for those who are finishing your 2 years and are looking forward to your bonus, i doubt that they will give you bonus.
Interesting cuz what you said is not the same as my sister... she received her performance bonus, M/C no claim bonus and share of transfer fees pay. She told me it was aceplp. Could it be that your work performance is not good?
kerinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #21
Master Member

Since I am self taught, I'm curious as to what you actually learn.

Do you all import Excel tables using Data Link?

Sheet sets? Dynamic Blocks?

Palettes? Setting up Fields to use dynamic properties etc. etc.

Dimension your drawings, Multiheaders, Annotation scales etc. etc.

What do they teach you exactly?
Old 21-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #22

Don't join the coy.. you will most likely regret!!
You must be very stupid or a trouble maker. Since you are so stupid, you should not expect other to be as stupid as you.
AhGongGong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #23

They are more to say..
you must be another supid guy, since more than a thousand trainees graduated and performed well after going though the same trainng, why only you can n ot make. Do you admit that you are stupid.
Old 21-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #24

Justice Light, since you are so stupid and I believe that you can never survive in this world, please look for the tallest building arround and end your life there.
Old 21-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #25

They are more to say..
I have attended the 3 months training and it was intenssive, that is why you failed to catch up and you are the one to be blamed. There was one bus driver in his 50 in my batch and he can catch up, why can't you? are you slower than a 50++ year old bus driver.
I am doing well and enjoy my current attachment after ending 2 yrs contract and waiting for recommendation by the company for new employment that I like.
What happened to you?
Have you ever ask yourself why?
Old 21-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #26

if anyone really interested to join them, go for an interview, they will also ask you to do a test, even you don't know how to do, dun worry they will still want you, cos we are their money making tool,
my biggest regret is i didnt ask the ppl around working at the company and end up regretted, to me i have board onto the pirate ship, feel free to ask those ppl working there, they will happily tell you whether is it woth to join.. just my two cent worth.
I got my healthy lifestye bonus twice, contract end bonus and a skill diploma though I still with them while waiting for new job. I never regret joining them as I am skill full in CAD now.
Old 21-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #27

I remember I took 3 hours to complete the test and scored 15% for the test during interivew. Recently the company gave me the similar test and I have completed it in less than 1 hour and scored 68%. These 2 tests have shown that I have great improvement in my skill. I am now confident to embark my career in CADD.

What about you? Have you taken the re-test after 2 years?
Old 21-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #28

I believe that your biggest regret may not be joining the company, it was your attitude and the peer presure you had around you!
Old 21-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #29

hi ahgonggong,

do you know that a coin have two sides, we are just sharing what we have been through, maybe there are things which you dun know wat is going on..
maybe you should have open up your ears and listen to what other ppl is saying

and you are really one lucky fellow to receive the contract end bonus...

Last edited by didi29; 21-01-2012 at 06:29 PM..
didi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #30

hi ahgonggong,

do you know that a coin have two sides, we are just sharing what we have been through, maybe there are things which you dun know wat is going on.
maybe you should have open up your ears and listen to what other ppl is saying

and you are really one lucky fellow to receive the contract end bonus...
didi29: All trainees that I know got their medical no claim bonus every 12 months, performance bonus at the end of their 2 years contract and transfer fees. You must be one of the trouble maker among the trainees and therefore you are now worried that you may not get your PERFORMACE BONUS. Am I right? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not only that, I did called some ex-trainees, they did confirmed that the company did pay them all bonuses stated in the contract. They are now doing very well with their present employment thru the company, aceplp's recommndation. You are the only few who failed to make it.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.