HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone ever worked as a trainee CADD engineer/operator?

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #76

Companies like aceplp market themselves as training providers but it is actually a kind of recruitment agency whereby they enslave workers to them through some kind of one sided contract and force their employees to work for them for a period of time until contract ends. The so-called trainings are mainly provided by themselves and then they will demand payment for these trainings if you try to leave the company.

The problem is, the trainers may also be internally certified, meaning its all a self proclaim system. One of my friends joined the company and is being forced to work there until the contract ends. He said that they did not indicate alot of details in the contract but upon signing, the company will add in the company's set of rules that is way stricter than the contract but by then, employees cannot do anything but get stuck in the company and get constant threats by the management if employees even thought about leaving.

In my opinion, if you google online, there is tons of drafter jobs available in the market, and it does mean that you can only get exposure through aceplp. Its just some brain washing technique the company uses against individual.
This is definitely like a job if u ask me. The trainee’s CPF are paid by aceplp – a recruitment agency will never do that.

The company is willing to provide FREE training with basic salary. Trainees will have 2 months indoor training with good support from the trainers before going out to other company clients. The 2 years of job posting is another great way to gain work experience for their future. If they want to be successful in this line of career, this training is a good way to start.

Free Training of course does not come free. Their contracts will have a bond for 2 years with training included. Similar with almost every other jobs out with Free Training such as being an SIA air stewardess. Air stewardesses also are bonded for 2 years after their Training in make-up, food service etc. My friend had to pay the full training fees when she decided to quit before the bond ends.

As for the Trainers, they are professionals in the field. Like teachers from schools, they are authorized to teach. They are qualified through various professional certifications and Trainer’s courses, which are required for the company to be authorized to train by Autodesk. I also know they are a training partner of Bentley. Not anyhow licensed like what you mean.

I feel like aceplp are already very kind to give such training/ opportunity. So please don’t talk bad about them.

There are tons of drafting jobs but how are you going to get into one these days without experience? I consider myself very lucky to have been trained by aceplp, otherwise I would never get a drafting job.
kerinlin and peppershadow1 like this.
qqweeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #77

Wow. big hoohah here. anyway, i'm also looking for a job now and this job seems like quite a good thing. don't understand why there's so much negativity here. i mean, isn't it reasonable to expect to be bonded if the company puts inexperienced people through training and sends them out to get experience? after all they've gotta protect their investment and also their reputation. even govt bodies also bond people haha!
if the company gets funding, good for them right? what has it gotta do with the staff?

P.S. sounds like they hire inexperienced ppl, if i have no engineering background, will they hire me?
peppershadow1 and qqweeman like this.
ngkyn87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #78

Companies like aceplp market themselves as training providers but it is actually a kind of recruitment agency whereby they enslave workers to them through some kind of one sided contract and force their employees to work for them for a period of time until contract ends. The so-called trainings are mainly provided by themselves and then they will demand payment for these trainings if you try to leave the company.

The problem is, the trainers may also be internally certified, meaning its all a self proclaim system. One of my friends joined the company and is being forced to work there until the contract ends. He said that they did not indicate alot of details in the contract but upon signing, the company will add in the company's set of rules that is way stricter than the contract but by then, employees cannot do anything but get stuck in the company and get constant threats by the management if employees even thought about leaving.

In my opinion, if you google online, there is tons of drafter jobs available in the market, and it does mean that you can only get exposure through aceplp. Its just some brain washing technique the company uses against individual.
MotoHoto0,

I am very surprised and amused to hear your comments as i believe that in our current society, who can enslave and threat workers to work on one-sided contract without receiving complains and intervene from our government????

Dont be so naive & guillable lah...

As an ex-drafter in aceplp, i can tell that "your friend" must be those troublemaker or MC kings or queens that was often rejected by their clients otherwise they wouldn't be misleading you with all these negative feedbacks!!!

To me, a person's attitude is the most important coz if you do not have a good attitude, no matter where or whom you work with... The only outcome will be Termination by the company and i supposed that you will start to blame that company for ill-treating, enslave & threaten u again....

GOD only helps those people that help themselves..
qqweeman likes this.
peppershadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #79

I guess people without any related background and very keen in that industry can use the company as a learning and training ground during the their stay at the company. As for the training part, I heard that the company has been around for some time. So the trainers of the company should have gotten some certifications that qualified them to be trainers or else other people would have already reported the company for cheating them.

that's just my own opinion!!
qqweeman likes this.
princeheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #80

Wow. big hoohah here. anyway, i'm also looking for a job now and this job seems like quite a good thing. don't understand why there's so much negativity here. i mean, isn't it reasonable to expect to be bonded if the company puts inexperienced people through training and sends them out to get experience? after all they've gotta protect their investment and also their reputation. even govt bodies also bond people haha!
if the company gets funding, good for them right? what has it gotta do with the staff?

P.S. sounds like they hire inexperienced ppl, if i have no engineering background, will they hire me?
Yes exactly! Being bonded into companies that gives free training and job posting experience is of course expected.
I also don't understand why there is so much negativity towards the company. Maybe they just don't understand.

And yes, they do hire inexperienced as there will be trainers to help out.
qqweeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #81

I know few people who worked in Aceplp before and some who are currently working there, non of them have anything good to say about Aceplp.
Sure they give trainings, in-house training, industrial attachment and many more. These trainings and attachments are not worth of 2 year bond with them. Most of these trainings can be done at local poly or ntuc for a cheaper amount.

When they say job posting, ppl have to remember that Aceplp is just sending you out on contract work. Most of these companies have no intention of hiring you once u finish your contract there. All u learn is how to use the software, 90% of the time you just follow ur superior's order, draw this and draw that. Very few ppl get the chance to learn the actual thing.

Lets talk about the pay, the basic salary they are paying for a fresh poly graduate is less than, what i got in 2005 as a fresh poly graduate.

Their Terms and Conditions are more complex than and starhub 2year contract. At any point if u break the bond for a variety of reasons you are liable to pay damages in the range of 10 thousands.

Conclusion : If you are a fresh poly graduate interested in engineering design, could not find work for the past 3 months, do not mind low pay, you can consider AcePLP.

PLEASE READ THEIR T&C CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING.

Last edited by modagi; 02-10-2012 at 02:44 PM..
modagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #82

yu wait long long for free lunch!

I know few people who worked in Aceplp before and some who are currently working there, non of them have anything good to say about Aceplp.
Sure they give trainings, in-house training, industrial attachment and many more. These trainings and attachments are not worth of 2 year bond with them. Most of these trainings can be done at local poly or ntuc for a cheaper amount.

When they say job posting, ppl have to remember that Aceplp is just sending you out on contract work. Most of these companies have no intention of hiring you once u finish your contract there. All u learn is how to use the software, 90% of the time you just follow ur superior's order, draw this and draw that. Very few ppl get the chance to learn the actual thing.

Lets talk about the pay, the basic salary they are paying for a fresh poly graduate is less than, what i got in 2005 as a fresh poly graduate.

Their Terms and Conditions are more complex than and starhub 2year contract. At any point if u break the bond for a variety of reasons you are liable to pay damages in the range of 10 thousands.

Conclusion : If you are a fresh poly graduate interested in engineering design, could not find work for the past 3 months, do not mind low pay, you can consider AcePLP.

Eh brother...yu need to be more realistic sia... no such thing as free lunch in this world pls. And paid lunches also have diff price ok... Even yur parent brought yu up and pay for yur education, they will expect yu to take care of them when they aged. Do yu noe tt expenses for one old folk in nursing home is like, S$2,000 per person per mth? If they happen to be placed in homes for 1 year, yu have to spend S$24,000 per year per parent!
antiandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #83

Good prog

When they say job posting, ppl have to remember that Aceplp is just sending you out on contract work.

Cmon every project deal of course comes with contract. If not how can company do business? I work 3 months for client A, 2 months for client B, now on my 3rd client. Experience is varied and it has been challenging for me. I’m learning so much!! IT’s exactly the point of the program.

The HR explinaed before that this is a Trainee’s salary. I go through training and got experience under a traineeship scheme and still get pay. Even tho it is less but end of day, I also know that NO such thing as free lunch. I think quite a fair arrangement as far as I can see. Can go to a few different client places, and actually 2 years just nice work period. It’s a SUPER good deal I signed up for.
jerard79 likes this.
gellogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #84

Actually, I've finally applied for the job, AND I've seen the a list of the training provided too. How can you expect them (Aceplp) to provide such training (I roughly calculated...about $10,000 in cost) for free, or even at the same rates as NTUC? After all, they are paying the staff salaries also, on top of training them. I might not be able to understand how the business works, but I feel that you're being a little too nitpicking here.

ngkyn87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #85

contracts

All companies will have an employment contract to protect both the employee and employer. What’s so special? You should get around more to learn… But I can understand… unhappiness begins when u get into trouble with a clause. So most ppl don’t do that.

Their Terms and Conditions are more complex than and starhub 2year contract.
jerard79 likes this.
kerinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #86

Thumbs up All's good for me

A thread talking about my ex-co, interesting. So I worked here and graduated from their dip program. I got what I want thorugh this programme… good job, good career opps, good pay. U not happy just talk to your manager, or the HR… I always had friendly relationships with the managmenent. Being friendly helps!

Cmon every project deal of course comes with contract. If not how can company do business? I work 3 months for client A, 2 months for client B, now on my 3rd client. Experience is varied and it has been challenging for me. I’m learning so much!! IT’s exactly the point of the program.
jerard79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #87

Such an idiot, THIS is the ‘actual thing’. don’t you know that software skills are very important in this industry? When you are at work, you follow your superior’s order and that’s life! Then learn from mistakes or good things that your supevisror did. You’re so dense no wonder you don’t think you’ve learnt anything. Stupid people never learn. LOL...
Old 22-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #88

Wink

Such an idiot, THIS is the ‘actual thing’. don’t you know that software skills are very important in this industry? When you are at work, you follow your superior’s order and that’s life! Then learn from mistakes or good things that your supevisror did. You’re so dense no wonder you don’t think you’ve learnt anything. Stupid people never learn.
Old 23-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #89

are you sure it is a salary for normal fresh ploy graduate position? or it is a salary for a fresh poly graduate TRAINEE position? i don't think it is fair to compare the salary of a normal position to a trainee position. and if you have accepted the salary right at the start when the contract is being signed, why still complain?
princeheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #90

Most of these trainings can be done at local poly or ntuc for a cheaper amount.
Hey I did trained at ntuc before joining aceplp (i’ve since left the company and now working as a designer) and I don’t think ntuc training is as comprehensive, it was mostly software functions but at aceplp, we worked on real projects to gain experience and become faster
Just my 2 cents worth
macylina86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.