HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone ever worked as a trainee CADD engineer/operator?

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #121
Master Member

What is degree holder startin pay for this job?
Lobaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #122

What is degree holder startin pay for this job?
better to check with aceplp... last time i heard around 2k plus only...
theking_smen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #123

Hi anyone knows what's the starting trainee pay for dip holders?
zhihuipooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #124

better to check with aceplp... last time i heard around 2k plus only...
Less than 2k however after CPF deductions your take home pay will be around 1.5k.
greythorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #125

Hi anyone knows what's the starting trainee pay for dip holders?
From what i know of, diploma and degree holder pay difference is about S$50.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #126

For degree holders and diploma holders who went through aceplp, are you both doing the same work? Drawing the same basic salary?
I have experience but those are not counted otherwise i would be commanding a much higher salary. The pay difference is not much, only about S$50.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #127

errrr so what's the problem with using the money that the company earns from clients to pay us salary? Isn't that the way a normal company works - earn profit, use the profit to pay employees their salaries no? hahaha! At least, that's what I've seen in other companies.
Agreed. However the profit a company makes is not through a staff's salary. Company makes profits and use them to pay staffs salary.

You are working as full-time staff for the client but AcePLP gets a cut of what the client pays.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #128

Anyway same work refers to the same job position I assume? well, with a degree and/or diploma definitely allow you to work at a higher level... But with a degree, did you want to start out at a drafter level?

Salary wise should be higher that what aceplp is paying at the moment...
Higher means? You can't expect 2.7k right? From what i know degree holder are given a basic of 1.2k.
Old 20-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #129

Higher means? You can't expect 2.7k right? From what i know degree holder are given a basic of 1.2k.
Higher as in what the private companies are paying... but from what i heard the degree holders basic are at least 1.6k...
theking_smen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #130

How much salary can you expect after 2 years as a trainee? 2 years on 1.6k is very depressing for a degree holder
iceberserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #131

Agreed. However the profit a company makes is not through a staff's salary. Company makes profits and use them to pay staffs salary.

You are working as full-time staff for the client but AcePLP gets a cut of what the client pays.
erm u get de basics fact wrong oredi. we work as fulltime staff for aceplp as trainee. aceplp give us assignment requires us to work onsite nxt 2 de resident engineer n project mnger. of course hv to, cos project muz complete fast n clients got no time to ding dong w u from aceplp office. unless u r work on aceplp in-house project, most de time u work outside when u r on de assngments.

hw can u possibly be a fulltime staff of de client if aceplp is going to put you in 3-4 assignments over 2 yrs???
FerreroForte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #132

How much salary can you expect after 2 years as a trainee? 2 years on 1.6k is very depressing for a degree holder
icerberserlker, as a trainee u learn a lot tt will helps u 2 grow as pro. look pass de pay but rather at de career prospect. 1.6k is after cpf deductions, is enuff, and 2 yr is not longtime, if u tink longterm investment. aceplp dun chrge u 4 de training, in fact, dey r ur paymaster! tink of it, u must pay ntu and nus for sch fee and its 4 yrs for engg degree!!!
Old 22-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #133

i m not at aceplp anymore bt it cannot possible be 1.2k. tt muz be only 1 of de component of de pay.
Old 24-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #134

Not good

I am a civil engineering under grad graduating from NUS with second honours. I went for interview and the boss broke the pay structure down into a rather elaborate plan that attempts to convince you that the company is not making much from you. But essentally what is going to happen is you take back a pay no more than $2000/mth for two years (as in seriously after all the add ons)... 1250 is you base pay, another 300 based on your performance(they literally said if you dun slack, dun TALK to your classmates during worktime you are guaranteed that add-on)(problem is workhours for the first 2 months is literally 9am to 10pm 80% of the time) then they add on 60% of the pay you are going to get from the company they send you out to work. this amount is about 3.5k on average(ie you do the work worth 3.5k in that consulantcy firm) 60% of this amount is not add on simply but rather is offset by the base pay you get, the company cpf contribution, medical benefits they entitle you to). so 60% of 3.5=2100; 2100-1550=550; 550x60%(again they take 40% here, i dunno why)=330 and this 330 will add to your original pay of 1550 so 1880 then plus some other minimal add on and it ends up with $1950.

If you think about it if you are doing the work of 3.5k that means the company is taking 1.5k from you for 2 years which amounts to 36k. if you deduct 8k of course fee from them(the 8k is what they claim their courses are worth that they put you through in the first 2 months of training you get). that means the company is earning 28k from you. the company has about 200 ppl under them so 28x200=5.6 million turnover for company minimum every 2 years. That is not including the transfer fee every time you get employed by the consultancy firms and the firms pay aceplp.

So I have discussed how much they earn from you. while that is a result how much you lose, i I have yet to discuss how much you get to gain from this. Well you get a nice portfolio of projects that you have done and will increase your employability by a lot(or so they claim). Since this is a prediction, it is certainly a huge risk to take for a fresh graduate like me especially if you cant back out half way; you have to commit to 2 years or be liable for 8k of course fees. considering your pay is only 2k and you save 1k a month, you have to work for 16 months(67% of your contract duration of 24 months) so that you dun lose any money.

So while i really like the idea of being trained with essential skills and broadens my network, I dun like how the company takes so much of my pay and bonds me to 2 years with them(usually when you are bonded with a company, the company will pay you a nice hefty sum which you dun get here as well) in a life that is not guaranteed a bed of roses.
jyakku and fatcats like this.
kanzie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #135

I guess some will look at it as a fair trade off, you gain a lot of experience working on many different proects at different companies, got chance to really broaden your network.

What I would like to hear though is what ppl are doing and earning after they "graduate" from aceplp
iceberserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.