HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Has anyone heard of this company or have had experience with it...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #76

Until now most are 'Junior Member' with little posts who claiming how good trading and this company is. It seem like self create clone to 自导自演 (direct and act by oneself).
I read the thread, and really find this Kyoji83 amusing.

1st of all, you do not know what trading is about, and claim on what selling account ah and all the blah blah black sheep. Talk like you know everything.

Then, when people come and explain to you, you turned very defensive. Then you start to say people create clone accounts just to reply to your threads.

I don't know if your "83" means you are born in 1983? If you are, please really stop acting like a kid. The way you find excuses is really facepalm. Maciam like if you don't work hard and get promotion, you say is PAP fault that kind of thing.

People very nice to explain to clear your doubts, but you just keep on blabbering nonsense, then resort to calling people scammer, trying to create post count and create clone accounts. And btw, what does the "ranking" in the forum do for you. The higher your rank, you get paid issit? People like you should never reproduce. We need lesser of people like this.

Anyway, replying to the thread:
I have just received a call for interview with Fortitude Fund Management as well. I have went for their trial once, last year November, they were called ANZ Financials.

They will ask you to create account with AVATrade, not sure about 24options which I saw one guy mentioned. I have tried the trial last year, sent the result but they never reply back. Not sure issit their Email have problem, but they never reply even the Whatsapp number.

I continued to trade with AVA after a while, earned an extra $100 and withdraw everything. Most likely they needed people to open account with them because they may be the IB (Introducing Broker). So you may find that the account might have wider spreads.

AVATrade also do not have Positive Swap as compared to Brokers such as Pepperstone (which I am using).

Checking their company details with ACRA and BizFile, they seem like legit, but I don't really like how they change their name also. UEN: 201400964H

During my trial, I had a choice to use put only $100, because they will look at your profit %. I took $500 anyway because $100 cannot do any risk management.

Today, I received another invitation to go for their interview next week under the name Fortitude Fund Management. I told them I have done the trial before but the HR told me they did not receive my email. I shall go another round this time and see what is the catch.

Anyway, if I am not wrong, according to them, if you are selected to be their Junior Trader (probation), you will be given a $100k account to trade. They will absorb the loss and if there are any profit, you will earn a small percentage. Let's see.

Last edited by kaihoow88; 01-07-2018 at 02:02 PM..
kaihoow88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 12:56 AM   #77

Im glad already quite a number of you guys contacted me in regard on my previous long post. But lets not contaminate the main topic of this forum post, so pls email me directly and we shall carry on from there
Hi, may I know your email?
Cucumberr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2018, 02:01 PM   #78

First they want you to open a broker account with USD$500. They only have 2 options for you. Avatrade and 24option. These two brokers are not regulated by local authorities and got all sorts of complaints against them including difficulty withdraw their capital.
For avatrade, it is more of bad spread, i did withdraw everything out after the trial
Beast FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2018, 02:06 PM   #79

I read the thread, and really find this Kyoji83 amusing.

1st of all, you do not know what trading is about, and claim on what selling account ah and all the blah blah black sheep. Talk like you know everything.

Then, when people come and explain to you, you turned very defensive. Then you start to say people create clone accounts just to reply to your threads.

I don't know if your "83" means you are born in 1983? If you are, please really stop acting like a kid. The way you find excuses is really facepalm. Maciam like if you don't work hard and get promotion, you say is PAP fault that kind of thing.

People very nice to explain to clear your doubts, but you just keep on blabbering nonsense, then resort to calling people scammer, trying to create post count and create clone accounts. And btw, what does the "ranking" in the forum do for you. The higher your rank, you get paid issit? People like you should never reproduce. We need lesser of people like this.

Anyway, replying to the thread:
I have just received a call for interview with Fortitude Fund Management as well. I have went for their trial once, last year November, they were called ANZ Financials.

They will ask you to create account with AVATrade, not sure about 24options which I saw one guy mentioned. I have tried the trial last year, sent the result but they never reply back. Not sure issit their Email have problem, but they never reply even the Whatsapp number.

I continued to trade with AVA after a while, earned an extra $100 and withdraw everything. Most likely they needed people to open account with them because they may be the IB (Introducing Broker). So you may find that the account might have wider spreads.

AVATrade also do not have Positive Swap as compared to Brokers such as Pepperstone (which I am using).

Checking their company details with ACRA and BizFile, they seem like legit, but I don't really like how they change their name also. UEN: 201400964H

During my trial, I had a choice to use put only $100, because they will look at your profit %. I took $500 anyway because $100 cannot do any risk management.

Today, I received another invitation to go for their interview next week under the name Fortitude Fund Management. I told them I have done the trial before but the HR told me they did not receive my email. I shall go another round this time and see what is the catch.

Anyway, if I am not wrong, according to them, if you are selected to be their Junior Trader (probation), you will be given a $100k account to trade. They will absorb the loss and if there are any profit, you will earn a small percentage. Let's see.
Yeah this guy is hopeless .

For the junior trader ( probation) there wont be 100k . Probably after the probation.
Beast FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 07:16 PM   #80
Arch-Supremacy Member

How the feeling of 自导自演 ?

Yeah this guy is hopeless .

For the junior trader ( probation) there wont be 100k . Probably after the probation.
Old 19-04-2019, 04:08 PM   #81

Just to let you know they will asked you to create an account on the spot with avatrade broker. There is a Affiliate avatrade cookie installed on their laptop so whenever a jobseeker open and fund the account they will get $$ as commission. I'm not sure whether there is second round as i have not done the test yet. Another way of affiliate is you keep trading the account and the referrer get commissions based on how much u trade. If your not sure then ask the customer service agent from the broker to see if your account is under affiliate.
Also note that Avatrade charge a hidden cost of $50 fee after three months of account inactivity and a $100 administration fee after one year of inactivity.

There are 3 stages, trainee trader, junior trader and senior trader. If your selected as a trainee trader you are required to do a test of 100 trades. If u pass you will be promoted to Junior trader with a probation of 3 months, then after 3 months with consistent results, you will get promoted to senior trader.

Last edited by LawJustice; 25-04-2019 at 11:08 PM..
LawJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 05:32 AM   #82

Don't mind me do a lil networking here
I've been exploring & trading forex for 4-5 years, till now not yet successful but definitely confident enough towards being profitable from now and onward.
Through this journey i've been exposed to all kind of good and bad experience.
1. As a beginner, experiencing stress, full of happy sad and angry emotion, that excitement of making money, chasing after the direction of the candle stick is heading and 8/10 times will turn back against me as though it being manipulated against me. But now I've been way over this experience

2. If you are somebody who is like me, you'd probably came across forex trading course which can cost a range from $2500 to $5000! Very tempting the way they try to convince you to pay for their course and change your life. But end up all i learn is just 1 trading strategy which i paid $3000 for with alot of talking. The fact is there's no such thing as secret method to trading to be profitable, so there's no need for such over hyped expensive course. Never the less i did gain some other thing from it like adjusting the methods to suit my style and money management but still, $3000 kao! You want i show you a few ways to trade and control risk, just buy me a cup of coffee.

3. Spent countless night looking for that perfect trading robots because i know there's no way i can get out of the rat race if i continue to work with no day no night life style and no time to trade so a trading robot might be my chance. Ended up Investing $5000 into trading account and lost $3000!

4. Paid signals, paid $50 monthly for a whatsapp signal provider. Give Weekly voice report and swing trade signals from time to time, either no win no lose or lost some money. That fellow who is a Indian fluent in English sounds very knowledgeable in the forex market, said why not let him do the trading for me. Profit sharing 30/70, why not? If he is not capable of profiting then he is also not going to get the cut, so $1000 for him to trade for me and guess what? He blew my account in less than 3 weeks blaming this particular GBP/USD of news, volatility and all sort of excuse then disappear.

5. By now you probably suspect that i'm up to no good with some intention trying to convince you into something but no. I'm not some Guru nor from any corporate, i am an individual myself.
Only intention is if there's anyone out there who's ultimate goal in life is to become a full time trader, not to work for any other people and have your own life and time to yourself then don't walk into this pitfall like me.
Hard lessons have been learned before so that you no longer have to experience which save you alot of money. I'll be more than happy to share with you more if you are interested.

6. I hope to reach out to people who are interested, be it experienced or inexperience to set up our own committee with combine efforts towards forex trading and ultimately, getting out of the rat race!

This committee/group will not be just a online thingy that i intent to form. It will be a real life knowing each other, build relations and most importantly trust before we can talk about combining and working together.

So far came across 3 friends who trade forex/stocks too but after awhile it became impulsive trading, lost all money and they give up left me still standing.
It's not easy to find someone who is willing to commit because a typical mind set of us being taught is to get educated, find a job and work for good income and anything out of the norm becomes a very unusual thing to do.
I'm confident that i'll succeed soon but with combine effort that way will be even faster. This is not a job offer, i do not require your 8am-5pm time, no need for you to pay me anything neither do i have you pay you anything. Just your sincerer interest and effort.
If you solely just want to learn how to trade proper without losing all your money i can also help.

Lastly i apologies for the long message for those who disagree or dislike what i said in this post, i know it's out of topic but still related to trading right? LOL. If you have that interest you are welcomed to reply to me or drop me a message and i hope to share with you on how i trade and hopefully learn a thing or 2 from you too.

"Work to live or live to work?"
hey bro im interested to have a chat with u but i cnt pm u yet bcoz its a new acc, any other ways?
mrbmn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #83

Great advice - thanks! :-)
tapiocamypearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #84

Networking with traders

Hey guys. I am interested in networking with like minded traders in Singapore too. How can I get in touch with you guys? Mine is: victorheweinan725 at yahoo.com.sg
vichwn725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #85

Newbie here, would like to have this chances to explore into this trading network and looking a chances to learn from all senior , would you mind to add me by my email
hwsanl @ hotmail . com
hsan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 04:41 PM   #86

hi all.

fortitude has recently expanded to malaysia and hence i was googling about this company and stumbled upon this thread.

i went for the interview and i must say this company is really really dodgy. First i cant find their company under any MY or SG financial authority register for financial institutions. Then i raised this issue with Mr Lau, he said the company doesnt need to be registered because it doesnt manage other people's deposit money, it rather manage the accounts other people already deposited money into it. I am not sure if this is a loop hole?

Also i was fooled into thinking it is a hedge fund because on the website it says they manage a portfolio. T__T
They dont. They manage other people's avatrade broker account. Everything the company does just runs opposite to my financial training. They use technical analysis to trade ALL the time. By the way i offered him my trading record and he wasn't interested to see. And i always thought that track record is the most important thing in this industry.

The career progression path is you deposit your own money (300 USD min) and then trade with your own money. You need to make 100 trade minimum in 3 months and make a 100USD profit, currencies ONLY. If you do then you graduate to junior trader and so forth...All this just runs contrary to my training , where judge someone by by his portfolio returns and risk taken to achieve that return, not make many many trades.

I did ask him if the broker gets paid from the commission earned from us, he said no.

So in the end this company is just too dodgy and i decided to give it a pass. I opened my avatrade account with them but didnt do anything. Just now i just received a call saying that i have been selected to become a trainee trader, based on my resume they said. And i have to deposit money into my account and start trading and attend training classes. I have no idea what that means because i thought i am already required to deposit money to become a trainee trader.

Im still thinking should i stay with them or just tell them i am not interested.
flampard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:02 PM   #87

hi all.

fortitude has recently expanded to malaysia and hence i was googling about this company and stumbled upon this thread.

i went for the interview and i must say this company is really really dodgy. First i cant find their company under any MY or SG financial authority register for financial institutions. Then i raised this issue with Mr Lau, he said the company doesnt need to be registered because it doesnt manage other people's deposit money, it rather manage the accounts other people already deposited money into it. I am not sure if this is a loop hole?

Also i was fooled into thinking it is a hedge fund because on the website it says they manage a portfolio. T__T
They dont. They manage other people's avatrade broker account. Everything the company does just runs opposite to my financial training. They use technical analysis to trade ALL the time. By the way i offered him my trading record and he wasn't interested to see. And i always thought that track record is the most important thing in this industry.

The career progression path is you deposit your own money (300 USD min) and then trade with your own money. You need to make 100 trade minimum in 3 months and make a 100USD profit, currencies ONLY. If you do then you graduate to junior trader and so forth...All this just runs contrary to my training , where judge someone by by his portfolio returns and risk taken to achieve that return, not make many many trades.

I did ask him if the broker gets paid from the commission earned from us, he said no.

So in the end this company is just too dodgy and i decided to give it a pass. I opened my avatrade account with them but didnt do anything. Just now i just received a call saying that i have been selected to become a trainee trader, based on my resume they said. And i have to deposit money into my account and start trading and attend training classes. I have no idea what that means because i thought i am already required to deposit money to become a trainee trader.

Im still thinking should i stay with them or just tell them i am not interested.
Yea dodgy company. I did their test and submitted it, they msg me saying that I pass then ask me to go down to their company. I went there the boss say I need do a retest using a client account. Lol purposely wasting my time. stay away from this company. Also note that if you deposit 300, they will also earn 300 as affiliate $$.
flampard likes this.

Last edited by LawJustice; 06-08-2019 at 12:05 PM..
LawJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:16 AM   #88

Fortitude Long Short Fund

Dear all,

We are from Fortitude Long Short Fund. I am here to do some clarification . In Fortitude, we do managed trading accounts. Meaning clients will open trading account with banks or brokers under their own name and we will log in to their account to trade. Therefore we are exempted from licensing as we do not fall under the collective investment scheme.

Our traders selections procedures goes this way. Fortitude received countless of traders job applications everyday through referrals or job portals ads. We will select candidates who we think are suitable and invite them to come for an interview. During the interview we will ask them to do a live trade using demo account which does not require any real money.

After the interviews, we will then select about 10-20% of the candidates who we think have the potential to become trainee traders. As trainee traders they are required to trade using real money using their own trading account to demonstrate that they have the ability to trade with discipline and consistency. However, the trade size is small taking only $2-$3 of risk per trade only. This is because at the early stage, we only require the trainee traders to demonstrate their ability to analyse the financial markets and to trade with consistency and discipline.They are not required to prove that they have the ability to make a lot of money in the financial market at this stage.
Fortitude will also provide training to help the selected trainee trader with their trades during this period

After they passed the probation as trainee traders, they will then be promoted to become junior traders and start to trade company funds and they are required to make at least 30k usd in order to pass the junior trader stage probation and be promoted to the position of a senior trader.

For further clarifications, feel free to contact us
hsan1985 likes this.

Last edited by Jimmy1983; 01-09-2019 at 12:19 PM..
Jimmy1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:12 PM   #89

I'm totally agree, no harm to try with just a few hundred, if there is proper way to train it , this will really help a lot . In fact i'm Willing to try just send resume early August waiting for reply.
hsan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #90

I do not believe that FFM is not profiting from this. Simple reason. there are many good brokers out there. Why do they want to choose one with bad spreads and less reputable?

They ask you to trade 100 trades for three months minimum because they take a cut out of every single trade you do. If you are on a standard contract, one pip is 10 usd or so depending on what you trade. Im an fx pricer, so i know this is total bs. i got the same email from them for a job as well.

After I read all the comments and what they do, I can be very sure its bs. Because if they want to do filtering and keep the best, shouldn't they just en-mass hire and train?

The regulation is there to protect customer, so that funds are regulated. If they were to go around this loophole by some creative way, it shows that they are actually not really legit. If not why bother going around the loopholes as this particular regulation protects clients. Bypassing it puts customer at great risk.

Imagine a scenerio that you are a client, you pass them your password and they log in and trade for you. If they lose all your money what can you do?
mimosaact is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.