HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Opportunity for Overseas Interview? Suspicious or normal?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #1

Opportunity for Overseas Interview? Suspicious or normal?

Just finished a Skype Interview with some international company last week and received a Whatsapp message from the interviewer a couple of hours ago informing me that I would have to head down to their head office in South Korea for a final interview; expenses paid. (Need to reply to them by wednesday)

I have a few underlying concerns:

1) The company is supposedly legit. But I searched all over the internet for my interviewer and nothing pops up

2) I am a fresh graduate applying for a entry level job - why would they bother asking me to go overseas to interview when they have a local singapore office less than 1 hour away from where i live?

3) I am afraid this might be a scam; with someone using a reputable company's name to lure victims in.. idk la

What do you guys suggest I do?

1) Should I check with the company's local office if this person/job offer exists?

2) Accept this interview and take this all expenses paid interview to go overseas for the interview

3) Do nothing. Act like nothing has happened, move on with life and continue living off my parents and be social bum

P.S: really desperate for a job as i have been mostly jobless since graduating nearly half a year ago.

Thank you all!
HungryJoe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:04 PM   #2

What company is it I can gooogle it for you
tastyfishburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:01 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

if the overseas office address is not in some shady or ulu place, just go lor if expenses paid...

just dont anyhow give u cc/bank acc info to them, wont be so easy to scam u lah... more worried about kidnapping u
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

If u have doubts, then do option 1. Check with the company's local office if the person/job exist. If u still have doubts after reviewing, then do option 3 but at the same time, apply for other jobs too. U only do option 2 if u got no doubts at all and is confident of getting the job.
virus1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2019, 07:18 AM   #5

YOLO-ed; went ahead to going overseas and I got the job! Thank you all
HungryJoe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2019, 10:14 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

YOLO-ed; went ahead to going overseas and I got the job! Thank you all
Lol ok good luck! All the best in your new job 👍
virus1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.