SG United Traineeships

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Go for Traineeship as soon as you get one 4 36.36%
Keep looking for a FT job 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2020, 04:26 PM   #1

Question SG United Traineeships

Not sure if i'm late to the party, but i just recently found out about the SG United Traineeships.

I believe it will definitely help a lot of graduating students, and its nice to see so many companies onboard with this program. Companies like Lazada, Sephora, Schneider Electric, M1 are all in it, so that's good.

Understand that the job market is very bad now, and companies that are hiring will probably not want inexperienced and untrained fresh graduates, so this traineeship will definitely help to build skills and whatnot.

But one consideration is the amount. Definitely not one to complain in such times, but also just thinking if people should... what's the right word.. settle(?) for it or keep trying for a FT job that pays better... any thoughts?
monochromepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 12:33 PM   #2

Problem is requirements
touya999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 12:33 PM   #3

Not sure if i'm late to the party, but i just recently found out about the SG United Traineeships.

I believe it will definitely help a lot of graduating students, and its nice to see so many companies onboard with this program. Companies like Lazada, Sephora, Schneider Electric, M1 are all in it, so that's good.

Understand that the job market is very bad now, and companies that are hiring will probably not want inexperienced and untrained fresh graduates, so this traineeship will definitely help to build skills and whatnot.

But one consideration is the amount. Definitely not one to complain in such times, but also just thinking if people should... what's the right word.. settle(?) for it or keep trying for a FT job that pays better... any thoughts?
Both are not wrong. In theory trainee ship is better. Depends
touya999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 08:21 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not easy to get a traineeship of your choice even if you wanted to.
havetheveryfun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 04:40 PM   #5

Both are not wrong. In theory trainee ship is better. Depends
Thx for replying. Do you have or know anyone who have signed up for the traineeship?
Old 27-07-2020, 04:41 PM   #6

Not easy to get a traineeship of your choice even if you wanted to.
Yea.. it's probably as competitive as the FT jobs. But do you have or know anyone with experience in the traineeship?
Old 27-07-2020, 05:53 PM   #7

honestly not a good time to be picky... in better times I would have a list of criteria the job must match before i choose it. But now.. i'll still have a few criteria, but adjust it and be more open to choices. i would be inclined to choose those that will train you in hard skills, so you can expand your skillsets and open more doors... my friend is currently applying to GovTech and Schneider Electric. He's more inclined to government because you know, iron rice bowl.
jonas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 11:35 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yea.. it's probably as competitive as the FT jobs. But do you have or know anyone with experience in the traineeship?
the traineeship is quite new and something just launched last 2 months, so even if someone joined doubt he got much to share.

I would say if you don't mind the traineeships, try to apply traineeships for bigger companies, MNC or local government linked companies. Then apply for full time jobs also at the same time. Keep your options open, and only by applying for jobs and judging by the response and interviews will you have a feel of how the current market is like. There are also still many graduate programs going on as per normal.

No point thinking about it like that, as it's not like I want this traineeship, I sure get it.
havetheveryfun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 04:08 PM   #9

the traineeship is quite new and something just launched last 2 months, so even if someone joined doubt he got much to share.

I would say if you don't mind the traineeships, try to apply traineeships for bigger companies, MNC or local government linked companies. Then apply for full time jobs also at the same time. Keep your options open, and only by applying for jobs and judging by the response and interviews will you have a feel of how the current market is like. There are also still many graduate programs going on as per normal.

No point thinking about it like that, as it's not like I want this traineeship, I sure get it.
I see, thank you for your genuine response!
Old 28-07-2020, 04:10 PM   #10

honestly not a good time to be picky... in better times I would have a list of criteria the job must match before i choose it. But now.. i'll still have a few criteria, but adjust it and be more open to choices. i would be inclined to choose those that will train you in hard skills, so you can expand your skillsets and open more doors... my friend is currently applying to GovTech and Schneider Electric. He's more inclined to government because you know, iron rice bowl.
Oh cool, I have a friend currently interning at Schneider Electric. He said he's learning a lot of things. Even though it's his first internship in his whole life and he's a little slow in learning the ropes, but his superiors are patient and give room for growth. On GovTech, yea i guess government job are stable... many people vying for it.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:16 PM   #11

Oh cool, I have a friend currently interning at Schneider Electric. He said he's learning a lot of things. Even though it's his first internship in his whole life and he's a little slow in learning the ropes, but his superiors are patient and give room for growth. On GovTech, yea i guess government job are stable... many people vying for it.
yea.. but i feel while salary is definitely a priority because of what we're going through now, i still think i would look at other aspects. Like i think its important for the company to be a people-company where they care about their employees and not just bottom lines y'know
jonas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:24 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

government job sounds nice, you need to be capable of doing the work there first. Otherwise the chances of getting perm is not there.
jgyy1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM   #13

government job sounds nice, you need to be capable of doing the work there first. Otherwise the chances of getting perm is not there.
agree, i heard from friends that when it comes to govt job, they look for hard skills. you legit need the technical skills. If not, you're out.
judyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.