HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Singapore's Worst Job Agencies

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

had bad experience wif Recruit Express too, the branch at Taka...
supposed to have an interview at 3 pm, but made me wait for 30 to 40 mins... at first I thought the consultant was busy or wat but end up she went for high tea wif her colleagues...
Kakashi82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 08:51 PM   #17
Banned

RE cannot make it want..... Consultants can bomb my phone whole day. Obviously Im doing something eg with customers or infront of manager or in a meeting. I got like 10 missed calls from recruit express on a day. Canno get me, send sms or email lah. Really nothing to say lor

Manpower, many years back when I still freshie . Becos I got walking problem, the consultant outright ask whats wrong with your leg. Now got 5 years of exp with good academic / technical certs, they offer me a 1 yr contract for an it job with bank. I ask them go eat ****..

I never like re becos their IT consultants simply have no knowledge of IT. Ask many illogical qns. Eg . My previous job was from 00-01. She got the cheek to ask me if I got administer windows 2003 server during that job. WTF . BAck to the future ah.

RE also got one consultant who called me abt a job. in my cv also got quote expected salary. She then try to press the price down by 15 percent . So basically only 5-10 percent increment. After haggling for a few mins, I told her straight forward, I not interested anymore. She ji tao nothing to say.

One bad trait with most agencies is that consultants dont read ur resume. No proper job matching. Call you up and ask a thousand and one qns , when all information is on the CV. Post fake adverts to gather resumes...
Xiaosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 09:33 PM   #18
Supremacy Member

btw, how does the threadstarter noe that agencies look down on low qualification...unless u r the one experiencing the insult?

well, kelly once asked me to go for an interview for an 'o' level position!! im a grad btw. ok i went for the interview and i asked for career prospect (which i noe the post doesnt offer that since it an 'o' level post)...so in the end, coy feedback i have high expectation and my agent said i said something wrong??!! wth? what's wrong w asking for prospect? im looking for career, not job.
tellim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #19
Supremacy Member

for what i noe, agencies mostly offer entry level jobs and very popular for coys seeking temps/part time staff.

if u wan a good career, u need to apply thru Recruits paper and w experience...no experience no choice...u have to start from entry level...
Old 22-06-2006, 09:43 PM   #20
Banned

ur fault nt find ur own kind job...
yosans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #21

which job agencies r good den? i mean, recommend some good ones leh
Nintendo Switch
HWZ Android subforum
siandiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #22

I been down to kelly , adecco , gmp few times and the consultants tend to choose those candidates which are U grads or are holding high post before for interview first

btw, how does the threadstarter noe that agencies look down on low qualification...unless u r the one experiencing the insult?

well, kelly once asked me to go for an interview for an 'o' level position!! im a grad btw. ok i went for the interview and i asked for career prospect (which i noe the post doesnt offer that since it an 'o' level post)...so in the end, coy feedback i have high expectation and my agent said i said something wrong??!! wth? what's wrong w asking for prospect? im looking for career, not job.
pledge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 10:28 PM   #23
Banned

As them go jiak sai lah. I wouldnt have went down if i knw the position is lousy

Xiaosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 11:35 PM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

I tot Xcellink is an outsourcing company & not recruitment firm?
PsyNidE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 09:12 AM   #25

yes , the consultants there are like **** ..........

I tot Xcellink is an outsourcing company & not recruitment firm?
pledge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 11:28 AM   #26
isaac_koh

Good One

I am not sure whether you all will like this agency called "Speed." They seems good to me and my friends. They provide fast service and you do not need to go down to their office. I have got my past 3 jobs from them. If you interested, pm me lor.. then i give you more info...
Old 23-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #27

Something which I have to comment about Recruit Express. They seem to give jobs(temp) to candidates who apply on the day when they receive the jobs. Meaning if you applied the day before or eons ago they tend to overlook u. Then if not enuf ppl to meet quoto they ask the candidates selected to intro their frens to do. This is the part I dun like about them. They said they will inform you if theres suitable job but no one calls in the end. Once my fren called to ask me if I want to work for promoter job cos that day he went to RE then got job vancancy knn the week before I went for interview they nv call me ... like that I go early interview for fug...
SimpleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #28

Additional...with but...

Thatz International,
another crappy agency. Went for interview which technically, i think, i have almost 80% of the job criteria. But after few weeks no calls or any updates from them. Not even a hoot....

GMP,
provides lots of admin jobs. Sometimes IT jobs, they put on adverts as 'admin jobs' just to lower the hourly rate!

Kelly IT,
ok...a bit so-so...it actually depends on which consultants that you encounter. If the consultants are good and concern type, most probably you'll get the job...coz they'll try to update you of other openings if you happen to not get the position that you applied.

Anyway, later, going for another job agency at Adecco and will see what happens....ciao!

p.s - Been 1.3 years looking around for full-time jobs and currently still unemployed. Degree + 8 yrs of web/IT experiences.
Old 23-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #29
Supremacy Member

Thatz International,
another crappy agency. Went for interview which technically, i think, i have almost 80% of the job criteria. But after few weeks no calls or any updates from them. Not even a hoot....

GMP,
provides lots of admin jobs. Sometimes IT jobs, they put on adverts as 'admin jobs' just to lower the hourly rate!

Kelly IT,
ok...a bit so-so...it actually depends on which consultants that you encounter. If the consultants are good and concern type, most probably you'll get the job...coz they'll try to update you of other openings if you happen to not get the position that you applied.

Anyway, later, going for another job agency at Adecco and will see what happens....ciao!

p.s - Been 1.3 years looking around for full-time jobs and currently still unemployed. Degree + 8 yrs of web/IT experiences.
woah .. im IT grad doing sales customer service job...1800 basic but work 6 days and 7 days AL....tot of quiting this job but now...im having a second thought.
Old 24-06-2006, 09:18 AM   #30
Supremacy Member

Can I know how the agencies earn money? Commmission from our salaries or what? Like to hear some advice. Thanks
G_Zola is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.