HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Singapore's Worst Job Agencies

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #31

Can I know how the agencies earn money? Commmission from our salaries or what? Like to hear some advice. Thanks
Pardon me if I am wrong.
From what I know most job agencies will charge as much as 80% of your first month pay as a "introducing fees" (full time). That is why they try to send the most ideal candidates for interview. From the same job, there may be more than one agencies send ppl for interview...so Sending those with higher qualification stand better chance for them to get the job.
btw I am currently start this jobsite www.joblizz.com for jobseekers to search and find job for free, also get invite by our advertiser directly thru mobilephone or email.
joblizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 01:19 PM   #32
High Supremacy Member

Thatz International,
another crappy agency. Went for interview which technically, i think, i have almost 80% of the job criteria. But after few weeks no calls or any updates from them. Not even a hoot....

GMP,
provides lots of admin jobs. Sometimes IT jobs, they put on adverts as 'admin jobs' just to lower the hourly rate!

Kelly IT,
ok...a bit so-so...it actually depends on which consultants that you encounter. If the consultants are good and concern type, most probably you'll get the job...coz they'll try to update you of other openings if you happen to not get the position that you applied.

Anyway, later, going for another job agency at Adecco and will see what happens....ciao!

p.s - Been 1.3 years looking around for full-time jobs and currently still unemployed. Degree + 8 yrs of web/IT experiences.

omg, u scaring me. I'm studying IT degree now.
u have a degree + 8yrs experience still can't find a job after 1.3ys?
vbhelper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can I know how the agencies earn money? Commmission from our salaries or what? Like to hear some advice. Thanks
da commision is normally between da agency & da company .. they wont take ur salary monthly.Frm wat i noe .. since da agency find da job 4u & if u resign within 6mths wrking with da company dat u wrk 4 ... da agency will ask u 2 compensate them 1 mth salary.
PsyNidE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 03:19 PM   #34
High Supremacy Member

what i understand is, basiacally got 2 kinds of employment, fultime perm directly by the company, in this case the company and the agency reach agreement on how much the service fee will be, normally 1 month of the employee pay. the fee will not come out from the employee, and most employer who engages will not be so cheapo, but they do have aclause that if the successful candidate never work for a minimum period, be it 3 months or 6 months, then the candidate has to compensate, that's why most of them will clearly tell you this before you sign anthing, or even they arrange u to go for interview. if u cannot commit to the minimum period, why shld they waste the time on you?

2nd kind is those contract basis, can be full or part time. this kind of employment, the company dun pay u directly, but they agree with the agency an hourly rate, say $10/hr, then the agency go find candidate, but take a cut from the rate, and offers the candidate maybe $7. so this kind of employment, the employee normally will need to sign the log book to clock the hr everyday they work. this is a way for company to reduce their payroll, and claim this amount into expences, a way to reduce their company tax.

this is only what i know, think there are other kinds also.
chengsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #35
Supremacy Member

Thanks all for contributing cos i have a mentality that, for instance a 1500 salary a month is actually worth about 2000 a month and the discrepancy has been taken as commission.

From what chengsun has said, I have a better understanding of the kinds of employment available.Thanks again
G_Zola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #36
High Supremacy Member

Thanks all for contributing cos i have a mentality that, for instance a 1500 salary a month is actually worth about 2000 a month and the discrepancy has been taken as commission.

From what chengsun has said, I have a better understanding of the kinds of employment available.Thanks again
if the company pay u direct, and give u payslip direct, then it is the case that is what the company is paying u
chengsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 08:26 PM   #37

GMP good if you want to work in IT MNCs such as HP.
X3no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #38
Banned

that will be for gmp outsourcing , the outsource arm for GMP . Client is HP I guess. I applied for a job from them. Their advert clearly said Permanent and central location. When she called, turned out to be 1 yr contract and have to rotate around a number of clients. So guess what, I told her to go fly kite. So never trust agencies' advertisements.

Same goes for RE. Advert say central, suddenly pop out say North. Immediately, I know which coy liao. Rejected on the spot
Xiaosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #39
Arch-Supremacy Member

Recruit Express no go for me.

Too aggressive, called and demanded me to come down for an interview within 2 hours. (Jurong East Branch)

WTF.
tomicaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #40

RE cannot make it want..... Consultants can bomb my phone whole day. Obviously Im doing something eg with customers or infront of manager or in a meeting. I got like 10 missed calls from recruit express on a day. Canno get me, send sms or email lah. Really nothing to say lor

Manpower, many years back when I still freshie . Becos I got walking problem, the consultant outright ask whats wrong with your leg. Now got 5 years of exp with good academic / technical certs, they offer me a 1 yr contract for an it job with bank. I ask them go eat ****..

I never like re becos their IT consultants simply have no knowledge of IT. Ask many illogical qns. Eg . My previous job was from 00-01. She got the cheek to ask me if I got administer windows 2003 server during that job. WTF . BAck to the future ah.

RE also got one consultant who called me abt a job. in my cv also got quote expected salary. She then try to press the price down by 15 percent . So basically only 5-10 percent increment. After haggling for a few mins, I told her straight forward, I not interested anymore. She ji tao nothing to say.

One bad trait with most agencies is that consultants dont read ur resume. No proper job matching. Call you up and ask a thousand and one qns , when all information is on the CV. Post fake adverts to gather resumes...
becoz some of the consultants are also new graduates and part-timers...
Old 26-06-2006, 08:52 AM   #41
Master Member

dis 1 is good.....www.kingsforce.com.sg

Last edited by caltex88; 02-07-2018 at 02:33 PM..
caltex88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #42

Recruit Express no go for me.

Too aggressive, called and demanded me to come down for an interview within 2 hours. (Jurong East Branch)

WTF.
the same happened to me from RE, but i happen to be on leave that day so ok for me. but just think about it this way, if you have a potential customer asking you to meet them within 2 hours, would you make time for it................it's just "how bad do you want it?"
Vitaall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #43

Oh man.. i totally agree with you... Thatz International is a farked up... unprofessional and basically treat the jobseeker like some commodity.. and they have this stupid rule that you have to stay in the company that hire u for at least 6 months or else your pay is forfeited...
take it easy, I don't think it's a stupid rule . I am sure the hiring company pay them a fee to recruit, and I am also quite sure that there is a condiiton that the right candidate is selected, and probably one of the few ways to judge that is for the new hire to stay in the company for a while, or else all recruiters will just find any Tom, dick or Harry to take up the job just to earn the fee.

It's not nice to be tied down, but I feel it's a fair condition.
Vitaall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #44

Yes, agreed with you. I also understand that the employer would not want to just hire anyone willy-nilly and then this person can't do the job and quit before the probation period ends.. ah well, i guess this is the market now.. it's like this and i guess we have to keep on searching til we find the right fit. But one thing I do know, it is best to do job search by oneself instead of relying on unscrupulous recruiters in this current job climate.
colin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #45
Banned

Please take note that employment is a two way thing. The company is evaluating u, and u are also evaluating the company. So the 6 mth rules gives an unfair adv for agencies and companies. So does that mean if the company fires u b4e 6 mth , u get compensated as well. I dun think so.. So guys dun agree to such despicable rules
Xiaosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.