HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Singapore's Worst Job Agencies

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2019, 10:38 AM   #1366

While some say go for the individual agents not the agency company which is probably true, but I believe we can all collectively agree that Recruit Express is really bad and we should just skip them!

In the past I have got different agencies to find full time jobs for me. Some don't require to sign with them (only with the employer) while some like Capita will require you to sign with them and also the employer.

My advice is that ask the agency if they require you to meetup/interview/fill up form and whether if need to sign any contract with them after they get you employment. Get to know these so that can save you time and allow you to make decisions better.

Those who don't require interview nor sign contract is still the best!
Lareina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:42 AM   #1367

Btw since we have data protection act now where we don't need to provide IC (unless is to employer), does anyone know if it's okay that we don't have to provide full address in our resume?

Can we just indicate the area Eg. Tampines ?
Old 08-10-2019, 09:30 AM   #1368
Master Member

Will some recruitment agency that recently spoken to you secretly inform your current boss that you are looking out for new opportunities?
ABuNeNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:45 PM   #1369

There are some agencies from India , worst then recruit express will spam your phone asking you to apply for positions then MIA. I suspect they are just trying to hit MOM quota or something. Some more lately my phone is now hit with illegal gambling operators sms, really KNS
dunno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:41 PM   #1370

There are some agencies from India , worst then recruit express will spam your phone asking you to apply for positions then MIA. I suspect they are just trying to hit MOM quota or something. Some more lately my phone is now hit with illegal gambling operators sms, really KNS
worst if you put your resume on Monster, then email non stop tio spam from those guys

Will some recruitment agency that recently spoken to you secretly inform your current boss that you are looking out for new opportunities?
now sure about SGP but I heard stories in the US where the recruiter will tell your boss and offer them candidates to replace you
lordfa9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:48 AM   #1371

none just avoid them

Majority of the time they are time wasters, ask you many dumb questions, make you go down to their office (if you are employed you have to take extra leave) and in the end sometimes the company get back to them already but they too "busy"
This. Just apply directly to the company's HR
JulyStork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 06:57 PM   #1372

Btw since we have data protection act now where we don't need to provide IC (unless is to employer), does anyone know if it's okay that we don't have to provide full address in our resume?

Can we just indicate the area Eg. Tampines ?
Yeah, it is totally fine to do that. I used to put my full address and IC on my resume then I realised it is not a good idea because I have no way to be sure my personal information won't be misused. Nowadays when I have to fill up forms during interviews, I will also leave out my IC and my full address.
CWL84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 07:35 PM   #1373

Same here for Recruit Express. Never have any success with them. Always get mismatch even though requirements are stated and having met them before the actual interview.

But the worst I think is Achieve Career. Really stuck up attitude just like the TS had posted. They are the one who saw my resume online and initiated cold-calling to me, but talk as if people are begging them for a job.
Remless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #1374

Yeah, it is totally fine to do that. I used to put my full address and IC on my resume then I realised it is not a good idea because I have no way to be sure my personal information won't be misused. Nowadays when I have to fill up forms during interviews, I will also leave out my IC and my full address.
I see.. Thanks for the info!

U even do that for filling up forms? Gosh.. maybe I should also do that. I have been giving too much info away in the past.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.