Arsenal FC - Ashburton Grove - Part 10

rojiko

Master Member
Reaction score
The most i expect is a draw avainst liverpool. The formation is weird ytd when we play 4312. Whenever we attack.. We do not have enuff body upfront except for auba and pepe.

I am disappointed that we lose but i velieve this team can only gets better. I see ppl saying ceballos disappear and luiz doing stupid mistake. Yea true..but we need to remb its only ceballos 3 rd official match for us. He nd time to adapt. Luiz alway have this tendency to do sometime stupid in def but he did perform better than mustafi plz. I only don understand y we are so persistent with playin out frm the bak. Many time u see pool pressing us at the bak and u see guendouzi luiz and sokratis still trying to pass.

Overall. I think the def ytd is ok. Those last ditch tackle to blk the shot n etc.. At least i see passion n heart in the def.. Hopefully it get better when tierny and bellerin us back

Midfield wise.. Willock is gd..some loose passes but at least he bother to track n carry the ball forward. Torreira instantly. Brought in agression whe he came on with those press and interception. Only disappointed with xhaka. He is the cpt and the oldest of our midield vut it seem lk he never rly control or guide the other players. 0 pace. 0 tackle except for that pass tat created a goal for torreira. I rather a midfield 3 of. Ceballos willock torreira

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would not put this defeat on the defence. We lost the midfield battle. Xhaka and Geun were too slow. Look at how Kante performed like a monster against this Liverpool midfield. We need serious upgrades to beat the big teams.

We have a guy called Torreira

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Emery's idea was to packed the midfield and hope Xhaka hit the long thru balls for Auba and Pepe to chase

However he forgot about Pool's fullbacks who are probably the best in the PL. Niles and Moreal were pinned back together with the 2 CD by Pool's front 3

We just gave them free run as no one covering them

End up Willock and Guendouzi needed to cover their fullbacks and we ended up 2 vs 3 in midfield despite playing with 4 . Xhaka was too slow and Ceballos was totally overwhelmed.

May have been better if we played 3 CD, pushed Niles and Monreal higher a bit to take care of Robertson and Arnold.

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway it's Liverpool, most teams get smashed at Anfield lol

The 12 points against City and Pool are gone case anyway

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

Kenshin79

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
we need mobile and strong players.
I feel that the below team at their best would definitely give Liverpool and City a good fight.

Leno
Bellerin - Sokratis/Luis - Holding - Tierney
Ceballos - Torreira - Willock
Pepe - Laca - PEA

all have pace and decent technical abilities.

problem is, will the players ever get a chance to be fit for an extended period?
Both Liverpool and City had most of their key players fit throughout the season. hence they can grab the most points.

another reason I am not so confident is, whether does Unai knows his best team and system? last season he chop and change so much that I cannot see any settled formation and style.

in 3 games so far, he has tinkered with players and system. granted, many players are still bedding in. but most teams in the league have a certain style, be it nice or ugly. for Arsenal, we do not have a settled style and formation

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Emery is a lousy tactician (luxury version of Mourinho). Play Norwich and Palace manager likely better..

mankind66

Reaction score
Emery out!

Get a defensive manager to sort out the defence.
George Graham make the defence unbeatable, now we should get an Italian manager to do it. Rafael Benites also make Newcastle defense strong without any money.

blinker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking at the response here, are we realistic in our expectation for Arsenal to roll over Pool at Anfield who has finished 27 points above us and is the European Champion.

Whatever team you field against their 1st eleven they are still going to end up dominating us and having many chances. Do i need to remind you that even Barca with Messi was blown away 4-0 by them without Salah and Firminho playing?
I do think we did well tactically by taking on pressure from them and playing on counter attack which is our best bet of scoring. There were at least 3-4 good chances, Auba, and Pepe has 2-3 chances if any of the chance had went in the game might have been much different everybody will be singing different tune.

I do think this is much improved as compared to last few years against them at Anfield which was just 1 direction of us getting bombarded by them and blown away before halftime even.

Have a feeling we will have a good season and most probably top 4 finish.

Last edited:

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After seeing Pepe play, I realise he is very selfish. If only players like De Bruyne and Eriksen is in Arsenal now; making plays, great in set pieces and can even score as well.

There is simply no one who is a decent playmaker. Ozil is the only exception but he doesn’t seem like his usual self anymore. Torreira should also be playing but Emery would rather let Guendouzi and an inexperienced Willock play against the best if not the second best team in the EPL. And Lacazette should be playing every match along with Aubameyang. They play well together so I don’t get why he wasn’t starting the match.

Just simply replace Guendouzi and Willock with Torreira and Lacazette, play a 4-2-3-1 formation and it will be more balanced. Something is just so wrong with Emery’s mind. Always using the wrong tactics and never getting it right. Really hope to see him go soon.

Kenshin79

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
What was disappointing was the setup. Liverpool both wingbacks are known to attack well and have assists stats better than many wingers. Yet we allowed them to cross and cross. Monreal & Niles were not cutting them off nor attacking.
Liverpool front 3 will pressure our back line, yet we insist on passing out. The few times we went long, Pepe and PEA got decent chances.
The tons of crosses, plus insistence on passing out of defence to 2 slow centre mid, means Liverpool managed to keep getting the ball back in our last third. The high pressure ultimately cost is.

Our midfield of Xhaka and Guendouzi are too slow. Surely Torreira must play. Laca is the only forward who can hold the ball on play with his back to the goal. It was no coincidence when he came on, we finally can get supporting players to run into the box.

All these are plain obvious and Unai's tactics were poor. Burnley showed us last week our defence cannot deal with pressing yet. We know we need speed to deal with Liverpool but he went for slow players.

I am not saying that we can beat Liverpool as they do have a winner's mentality. But they know how to vary their attack and approach. We could have given a better fight.
From last season till now, Unai doesn't give ANY confidence that he can get the best out of these players. Nor are his tactics, which should be his strong case.

I hope to be proven wrong

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking at the response here, are we realistic in our expectation for Arsenal to roll over Pool at Anfield who has finished 27 points above us and is the European Champion.

Whatever team you field against their 1st eleven they are still going to end up dominating us and having many chances. Do i need to remind you that even Barca with Messi was blown away 4-0 by them without Salah and Firminho playing?
I do think we did well tactically by taking on pressure from them and playing on counter attack which is our best bet of scoring. There were at least 3-4 good chances, Auba, and Pepe has 2-3 chances if any of the chance had went in the game might have been much different everybody will be singing different tune.

I do think this is much improved as compared to last few years against them at Anfield which was just 1 direction of us getting bombarded by them and blown away before halftime even.

Have a feeling we will have a good season and most probably top 4 finish.

Then how Leceister become BPL champion? Might as well engrave Liverpool name of the trophy tomorrow? Cannot have this kind of mentality. Just play your best team and give your best. Go all out and lose 5-0 no big deal... Park the bus then lose 3-1. Mourinho kind of mentality. Can we nick a win? Possible but this is not Arsenal

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good riddance monreal out
Mustafa and Ozil out please

monreal was out of pace for the LB role since last season but he did his best whenever he was deployed at **.
got to give him credit when deployed in a unfamiliar position.

as for the other 2, seems hard to get rid of them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.