HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Arsenal FC - Ashburton Grove - Part 10

Like Tree818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2019, 09:18 AM   #6436
Arch-Supremacy Member

No fund for transfer n we gt player lk ramsey leaving on a free . Fark the one handling contract n xfer. Seriously we shld just bench ramsey till end of season
Probably Stan milking the club dry for his personal profit

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT
EmPtYsOuLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:19 AM   #6437
Supremacy Member

No fund for transfer n we gt player lk ramsey leaving on a free . Fark the one handling contract n xfer. Seriously we shld just bench ramsey till end of season
It’s not Ramsey’s fault to be fair. He’s been giving 100% even though he knows we are not his taiji next season. I have to appreciate that from him. Since we are still paying him, might as well use him.
metamofia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:34 PM   #6438

Once Ramsey leaves, almost all the Arsenal old birds will be gone. Previously was Walcott and Cazorla. Now Ramsey is leaving. Left with Koscielny who most likely will leave soon.

It’s gonna be the end of an era.
simon_84 likes this.
ran_1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:47 PM   #6439
Supremacy Member

It’s not Ramsey’s fault to be fair. He’s been giving 100% even though he knows we are not his taiji next season. I have to appreciate that from him. Since we are still paying him, might as well use him.
Agree, Ramsey has showed his professionalism and also passion for the team so far. We should appreciate what he is doing
simon_84 likes this.
dragonbryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #6440
Supremacy Member

To be honest, we are screwed due to the financial restrictions. Once Ramsey, Kos and Ozil leave, it should free up $600k to sign new players.

Wenger kept Ozil to keep the morale stable because he knows Sanchez is leaving. Indirectly he screwed Arsenal.
simon_84 likes this.
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:44 PM   #6441
Supremacy Member

What is annoying is that we always run down their contracts and end up getting nothing...

On another note, might have 2 tickets to Arsenal vs Chelsea. PM if keen
simon_84 likes this.
Erwinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #6442
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone following carzola.
eAtNeAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:03 PM   #6443
Supremacy Member

Anyone following carzola.
Nope. He barely got minutes but scored a brace against Real Madrid last week.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:21 AM   #6444
Supremacy Member

To be honest, we are screwed due to the financial restrictions. Once Ramsey, Kos and Ozil leave, it should free up $600k to sign new players.

Wenger kept Ozil to keep the morale stable because he knows Sanchez is leaving. Indirectly he screwed Arsenal.
ozil salary package is not doing any wonders to to team.
he may be world class but his body language tell you that he can't perform against top teams when they marked him closely.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:40 AM   #6445

Are there no other players that Arsenal could go for besides Carrasco and Denis Suarez?
ran_1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:51 AM   #6446
Supremacy Member

Are there no other players that Arsenal could go for besides Carrasco and Denis Suarez?
We technically can borrow players from other clubs. No money lol. If for the moolah you can make a settled player Ben unsettled too. Money talks.
metamofia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #6447
Supremacy Member

he may be world class but his body language tell you that he can't perform against top teams when they marked him closely.
Ozil will never be world class. He has no aggression. Does not tackle, intercept, fight for ball, fight for free kick, can't shoot from far.

Playing Ozil is no different to playing Xhaka, Torreira or Welbeck because they all have different strengths and they work out to have similar output.
Hyruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:18 AM   #6448
Supremacy Member

Ozil will never be world class. He has no aggression. Does not tackle, intercept, fight for ball, fight for free kick, can't shoot from far.

Playing Ozil is no different to playing Xhaka, Torreira or Welbeck because they all have different strengths and they work out to have similar output.
I think he is world class. Some of the passes he pulled for us over the years, I don't think any footballers can do. If we want to appreciate Ozil, we need to understand the kind of player he is. And to me, he is a luxury player. He's like the chrome rim of a Bentley. Looks good, but not necessary.

This season, at the start, I thought he's been good. He took the captaincy burden really well. Saw him motivating others and giving instructions. I like that. But ever since the Spurs game where we beat them 4-2, he's been in and out of the team for so many weird reasons. Injury, bust-up or simply doesn't want to be part of the team?

Right now I think we can replace two necessary players with Ozil; a CB and a LW. But that doesn't mean I'm saying Ozil is useless and what not. He is class but he's not something we need. He's the icing on the cake. We haven't even got the recipe right.
simon_84 likes this.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:21 AM   #6449
Supremacy Member

I don't want to backout by saying that we shouldn't have given the deal because I was urging the club to tie him down with a lucrative deal. But ever since he signed the megacontract, he's cool off. I doubt we can get any suitors for him. With his age, poor form and his wage-bill, it's hard to sell him. I pity Emery a little. He's come in with good intentions but he has so many sh*t to clean left by the old regime.
simon_84 likes this.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #6450

I think he is world class. Some of the passes he pulled for us over the years, I don't think any footballers can do. If we want to appreciate Ozil, we need to understand the kind of player he is. And to me, he is a luxury player. He's like the chrome rim of a Bentley. Looks good, but not necessary.

This season, at the start, I thought he's been good. He took the captaincy burden really well. Saw him motivating others and giving instructions. I like that. But ever since the Spurs game where we beat them 4-2, he's been in and out of the team for so many weird reasons. Injury, bust-up or simply doesn't want to be part of the team?

Right now I think we can replace two necessary players with Ozil; a CB and a LW. But that doesn't mean I'm saying Ozil is useless and what not. He is class but he's not something we need. He's the icing on the cake. We haven't even got the recipe right.
Then you might as well say Riquelme is world class too. They are talented but not world class. They do not even have a single outstanding season.

At least for players like Lampard or RVP, we can say they are not really world class but they have some seasons which are world class no matter how you look at it. Ozil best season? Maybe 10 years ago?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.