Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

younggun__007

Reaction score
Will be interesting with VAR starting next season, shall see it will benefit Liverpool or City.

could be city. Been watching their games hoping they slip up.
The way they can camp in the opposition penalty area is amazing.
Plus excellent dribblers in Sane, Sterling and B.Silva, opposition defenses find it very hard to cope.
Defend narrow, and those dribblers on the flanks run havoc.
Defend wide and they sliced pass the defense:(

Nonetheless, Klopp has successfully turned me from a doubter to believer. That's the most impt thing.
YNWA

looney_saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EPL is over. What a season! Too bad Liverpool didn't lift the cup. I hope we won't decline after this like the last few attempts. Instead buy some good technical players that can shoot and pass well. Overall we have a decent squad in term of skill but a power house workhorse. This needs to be rebalanced and fine tuned.

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

killless

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the exciting finish to the season. It was better than last season's no contest.

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope Liverpool have a dream end of the season as they deserve the Chmapions League for being the best team in tournament but fall short of the Premier League title with a narrow margin. Tottenham is a good team not to be underestimated but they have been incredibly lucky to make it to the finals when they were almost eliminated 4 times and should be out against Man City with that controversial goal award and Man City goal chalked off

yep, gotta bring home the 6th. Something that city is so despo to win it despite having all that oil money. Numbers of UCL title will always define a club prestige in world football, fk city.

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a very good season for Liverpool getting 97 points but still fall 1 point short of winning the league. Klopp have turned Liverpool from an average team to a team of world beaters which is a bigger achievement than Pep who can open the checkbook from his sugar daddy to sign the players he wants.

EPL is over. What a season! Too bad Liverpool didn't lift the cup. I hope we won't decline after this like the last few attempts. Instead buy some good technical players that can shoot and pass well. Overall we have a decent squad in term of skill but a power house workhorse. This needs to be rebalanced and fine tuned.

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the main difference is that Man City has more attacking talents (game changer) i.e. Better bench warmer purchased with oil money.

City has a head start in building up their squad. Klopp not only had to rebuild the team, the club had to be improved financially among other things.

tok_kok

Reaction score
City has a head start in building up their squad. Klopp not only had to rebuild the team, the club had to be improved financially among other things.

City’s key players like Kompany, Aguero, Fernandinho are aging whereas our squad is in a good age group. Replacing them is not easy. We have to make it count in the next few seasons

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
My awards for the season:

Player of the season
- Mane saved us from most of the game since Salah was unable to shake off the defenders and bring his game one level up.

MVP of the season
- TAA assist in the final game speaks millions about his contribution.

"Sliencer" of the season
- Hendo got the award.
- He became the lion at the second half of season since being a ping pong player for the last two seasons.
- I guessed the presence of VVD bring out the vocal part of him.

Unsung Hero of the season.
- Matip and Milner got my vote.
- Matip done a good job after his injury and prevented Gomez from getting back his place. Never made noise when VVD is getting all the cheers.
- Mr R is getting instructions to play on the RB this season and do all the dirty work under Klopp without any complaint.
- He is always pushing the team when he is on the pitch.

"Socks dropping" of the season
- Gini need to play with more intensity and show his presense in his game. He was not consistent so far.

Saviour of the season
- VVD already got two official awards for his good work.
- My vote goes to Fab since he performed the role of destroyer in which we lacked for the past few seasons.

Cult Hero of the season
- Who else but Mr O ????
- One player who was loaned out, ignored and verge of being sold. Fought back and got his contract renewed by showing the boss and the fan in getting the job done on the pitch.

Disappointment of the season
- DS15 scored 1st CL goal for us and the wonderful goal against Chelsea.
- He disappeared after that and never got back when he is given a chance to start.

Undercover agent of the season
- I dun recall Moreno played more than half a hour in the BPL match or CL match.

Hardest Game of the season
- The Final Group Stage match against Napoli at Anfield.
- We did not done ourselves any credit with the away loss.
- It is one of hardest team and nemesis manager that we met.

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Time is on Liverpool side next year as Man City's main players Kompany, Aguero, Fernandinho, David Sliva are aging and getting more injury prone, Liverpool will come back again next year.

City’s key players like Kompany, Aguero, Fernandinho are aging whereas our squad is in a good age group. Replacing them is not easy. We have to make it count in the next few seasons

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be fair to Spurs, they also won all their matches fair and square.

We just have to be clinical and defend very well.

Liverpool have to play like what they did against Barcelona and score 2 goals either early in the match or early in the 2nd half to put Tottenham to the sword. Tottenham were incredibly lucky to make it even to the finals and shouldn't be underestimated though. Liverpool won all the ties fair and square without last minute goals or controversies.

Jerineng

Reaction score
last nite was crazy....din expect brighton score 1st honestly and wen they led 0-1 n pool was 1-0 up...my heart was droppin.....well....endup we still couldnt win epl bt imho tis is a bery gd performance frm pool oledi....2 golden boot, 1 golden glove....1 loss in 38 matches...n a CL final....wad more cud a team ask fer....a team build without oil $ is RESPECT!!! Next season we can do it! YNWA!

Takechan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a frustrating league finish but I'm really happy the team did their best to maintain momentum against City and make them work for it.

Next year we go again :D

azarel

Master Member
Reaction score
haha yah we got really excited when brighton scored... lol i remember me and my dad kept refreshing the score to see if they really scored... alas aguero then equalized 1 min later... kns!

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To see another club's happiness dependent on us says alot. We have improved alot, they have deteriorated alot.

Let's bring glory back to anfield and let the sign shine.

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their "win" against Man City was controversial looks like a handball goal to me but I can't see clearly from that angle

To be fair to Spurs, they also won all their matches fair and square.

We just have to be clinical and defend very well.

Stuffed

Master Member
Reaction score
haha yah we got really excited when brighton scored... lol i remember me and my dad kept refreshing the score to see if they really scored... alas aguero then equalized 1 min later... kns!

I was actually thinking that it was because the Anfield crowd heard that Cardiff scored against Manure, which was a good reason for the them to be happy too :s13::s13::s13:

Home1015

Reaction score
I am gutted we lost the title due to 1 extra draw but damn proud of this team.. And I damn proud of the fans here cos we are not kpkbing abt not getting the title but commending them for their effort throughout the 38 games.. This is what liverpool is all abt.. Dare to dream and given the chance to dream 👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.