HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Like Tree492Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2019, 09:04 AM   #9871

nevermind la let him come back healthy

Trent still England's 2nd choice right back. Rashford still England's first choice left forward. Gary Southgate.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:46 PM   #9872
Supremacy Member

VVD agrees new deal!

Virgil van Dijk has agreed a new six-year contract with Liverpool, according to reports. The Netherlands international has established himself as one of the best central defenders in the world following his £75 million move to Anfield in January 2018. Van Dijk still has just under four years remaining on his current deal worth £125,000 a week. But according to the Sunday Mirror, the 28-year-old has now agreed a bumper new contract worth close to £200,000 a week.

Van Dijk helped Liverpool win the Champions League last season (Getty Images) The report claims that the final details of the new deal were finalised last week and talks had been ongoing since the start of the summer. It’s also claimed that Harry Maguire’s £80m move to Manchester United this summer was a factor during negotiations as he agreed a £190,000-a-week deal to join Old Trafford. Van Dijk’s new wage is around the same as Harry Maguire’s salary at Manchester United (Getty)

Since his move to Liverpool, Van Dijk has helped Liverpool win the Champions League and the Super Cup, while he also came close to winning the Premier League last season. Last week, Van Dijk was crowned UEFA’s Men’s Player of the Year for 2018-19.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/07/virgi...ract-10704586/
Old 08-09-2019, 07:16 PM   #9873
Master Member

From my understanding, Manc big money transfer spending right from the beginning has little or nothing to do with their sponsorship deals... It's the direct cash injection by their Arab owner Sheikh Mansour. Which I believe cant be done anymore

And yes It took like a billion dollar for them to taste their 1st EPL title and the subsequent EPL titles which followed...
but Klopp and our US owners have shown the world that even though we lost the EPL, we won the elusive UCL with shrewd, intelligent transfers

Manc may continue to dominate epl for a few more seasons but I strongly believe that in the long run, mancs "buying their way to success" is not sustainable

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
noice ... just wanted to add that financial fair play is a misnomer
Old 08-09-2019, 08:39 PM   #9874
Arch-Supremacy Member

VVD agrees new deal!

Wow. Maguire just joined and is already earning 190k per week?

I'm glad our club has a well-defined wage structure

Last edited by Takechan; 08-09-2019 at 08:42 PM..
Old 08-09-2019, 09:22 PM   #9875
Supremacy Member

Looks like Van Dijk will retire at Liverpool or maybe back in Netherlands?

VVD agrees new deal!

Old 09-09-2019, 12:21 AM   #9876
High Supremacy Member

noice ... just wanted to add that financial fair play is a misnomer
FFP is still in its infancy. It's one complicated set of financial rules and regulations which is applied across Europe

I know right now there are many loopholes such as Sponsorship deals, 3rd party ownership, different taxes,

Old 09-09-2019, 08:15 AM   #9877
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looks like Van Dijk will retire at Liverpool or maybe back in Netherlands?

Doesn't really matter he won't be leaving for a while.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:20 AM   #9878
Arch-Supremacy Member

FFP is still in its infancy. It's one complicated set of financial rules and regulations which is applied across Europe

I know right now there are many loopholes such as Sponsorship deals, 3rd party ownership, different taxes,

There's FIFA fpp and uefa fpp. Uefa fpp was introduced 2009.

It's difficult to track financial transactions even for banks and Central Banks. None has complete picture as these are broken down into multiple transfers theory multiple parties and jurisdictions.

A big question is how much resources is spent on these investigations? Clubs like city, PSG spend millions on expensive lawyers.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:50 AM   #9879
Master Member

Then how did he become so good in liverpool shirt???
He was not. 1 good performance in 4.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:57 AM   #9880
Arch-Supremacy Member

At best bench warmer, there's really tough competition for places

Gini
Fabinho
Henderson
Milly
Ox
Lallala
Keita
Old 09-09-2019, 05:53 PM   #9881
Arch-Supremacy Member

Back then with us he made a good backup CB for a while. He didn't stand out as much for me in the middle though we were also going through a slump and surrounded by other average players (except our forwards). Too bad for him that Fabinho performing well made us never missed him since.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:06 PM   #9882
Supremacy Member

At best bench warmer, there's really tough competition for places

Gini
Fabinho
Henderson
Milly
Ox
Lallala
Keita
actually if u see the profile of all our CMs, barring Fabinho, all box to box midfielders....

So the talk of buying Fernandes, bringing Cuntinho back...really will imba the tactics...
Old 09-09-2019, 07:32 PM   #9883
Supremacy Member

actually if u see the profile of all our CMs, barring Fabinho, all box to box midfielders....

So the talk of buying Fernandes, bringing Cuntinho back...really will imba the tactics...
Wow, i actually found an article discussing this topic....

https://anfieldindex.com/40881/why-l...idfielder.html
Old 09-09-2019, 08:10 PM   #9884
Master Member

It's difficult to track financial transactions even for banks and Central Banks. None has complete picture as these are broken down into multiple transfers theory multiple parties and jurisdictions.
Imagine if the owner is a country ... investigator goes to club secretary and ask to check their finances - and gets directed to the country's finance ministry.
Which is why I could never figure out how Najib with his millions didn't hire the best crooked accountant like his desert cousins - depositing 600m into his personal account is for amateurs.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:38 PM   #9885
Greater Supremacy Member

Monkey Owen again

Premier League legend Michael Owen has revealed that he believes Manchester United aren’t that far behind heated rivals Liverpool, his comments are bound to cause a stir.

According to the Express via ESPN, Premier League great Michael Owen believes that the gap between heated rivals Liverpool and Manchester United isn’t as big as some people think.

The retired England international, who played for both United and Liverpool during his illustrious career revealed that the Red Devils’ current crop of star aren’t “far inferior” to Jurgen Klopp’s players.

This is quite a surprising take considering that the Merseyside outfit are in a position to contend for all major honours – on a domestic and continental level, whereas United are scrapping to get themselves back into the Premier League’s top four.

The current table says it all, Liverpool are already seven points ahead of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.

Both English giants have experienced declines over the last decade, Liverpool endured a difficult period which saw them without a trophy for seven years.
United’s decline stems from the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson. David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho have all failed to rebuild the Manchester giants.

Does Solskjaer have what it takes to take them back to the top?

Here’s what the retired England international had to say on the two biggest clubs in the country:

“There’s been some trophies won along the way obviously which has smoothed things over a little bit but in general, when you watch Manchester United now, it is a shadow of the previous teams of Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign I guess, and it’s going to take some building.

“I don’t necessarily think the players are all that bad, I think when you look at other teams, look at Liverpool for example, are Manchester United players far inferior to Liverpool’s? I don’t necessarily think so.

“But do Liverpool’s players play with a greater understanding, a great cohesion, a lot of confidence? Then, yes.

Owen-on-Rashford
Owen has hit the headlines over the last week, the ex-striker also slammed United star Marcus Rashford recently.

Owen added that Liverpool legend John Barnes had a similar view on the differences between the two sides:

“I was talking to John Barnes the other day and he was saying exactly the same thing.

“He doesn’t think there’s anything in the two squads.

“When you look at the players, Manchester United have got great players but managers don’t seem to be getting that tune out of them like the Pep Guardiola teams or like the Jurgen Klopp teams at the moment.

“It will be interesting to see if Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] can do that over a period of time.”

Despite Owen’s comments there’s really no doubt that Liverpool are miles ahead of United at this moment in time. The Reds are one of the best sides in Europe, whilst the Red Devils are one of the biggest underperforming teams in the world.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.