Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do we get an extra pt for doing the rest of the league a favour? I mean OGS hangs on.

firesnake4913

Reaction score
Lucky Mo Salah never plays today (to continue his rehab). If he has, there will be no foul on him even if there is, judging by today refereeing.

Miroku90

Master Member
Reaction score
Of all teams,it just has to be united.After this game,klopp should realise that the whole midfield 3 needs to be reshuffled,bye henderson and wij.

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

We started to click after the introduction of Keita. I seriously hope Keita can snatch his place asap. Two workhorse midfielders are overkill imo

Takechan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One problem I notice is that Firmino always get closed down by multiple players and he barely has support. Ox and Lallana coming in helped.

But the main problem is the fucking ref Martin Atkinson. In the first half, VAR had one wrong and one right call. He got both wrong. :s13: Joke.

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We started to click after the introduction of Keita. I seriously hope Keita can snatch his place asap. Two workhorse midfielders are overkill imo

gini i still think play better got some messi-like control :s13::s13: but hendo last few games had been bad hopefully keita can faster recover 100% so can come in with ox

looney_saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The same issue persisted from last year. Liverpool is too one dimensional. The players cannot dribble (or told not too), cannot cross well and cannot shoot from outside the box. These malaise has been persistent since Klopp time. Dribbling allows the runner cut open defense and draw defenders away. Good drooping and curving crosses make defending difficult. Ability to shoot from outside helps draw out defenders. When Liverpool plays without these skills, it become single dimension. Constantly playing pinball football. The ball is ping from defense to winger to striker then back to defenders and goalkeeper.. Without any purpose other than keeping the ball. Only to lose it with a poor pass or tackle. Faced with a fast and chasing (pressuring) defense, Liverpool become pretty useless upfront. Without Salah this becomes even more glaring. What's next for Liverpool? Klopp got to think harder.

Posted from PCWX using VOG-L29

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
We wear like spurs for this match, played like spurs for this match, & coincidentally we are playing against spurs next week..... :D

That was my impression.
Our midfield was overran by the useless manure midfield and the LB and RB have to do OT today.
Hendo and Gini cannot handle the heat.
We need to get some quality midfielders to create and hold the ball for the front men and a lethal finisher.

Genk is a pacy team.
If we start with the same lineup, we will have a tough match defending.

We did not play well tonight cos we cannot handle a makeshit manure crap.

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That old Trafford pitch is huge. A 3 man midfield not enough. As soon as klopp packed in that midfield man-u pinned back. Too bad he waited till last 20 mins

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes... Keita opened up our mid better with his support. But there is no way klopp could have seen that at the beginning of the match. We needed more mid to stretch their line. Prolly if lala and keita came in earlier like 2nd half, we could have won it. Oh well...

Miroku90

Master Member
Reaction score
gini i still think play better got some messi-like control :s13::s13: but hendo last few games had been bad hopefully keita can faster recover 100% so can come in with ox

Yes... Keita opened up our mid better with his support. But there is no way klopp could have seen that at the beginning of the match. We needed more mid to stretch their line. Prolly if lala and keita came in earlier like 2nd half, we could have won it. Oh well...

Hope Klopp can be flexible with his starting midfield option. Its getting stale with his default midfield. Need to mix it up sometimes.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hope Klopp can be flexible with his starting midfield option. Its getting stale with his default midfield. Need to mix it up sometimes.

I mentioned before.
The rest of the reserve need more playing time or else they cannot shine when they are called into the act during the last minute.
Eilliot would have made a difference in cutting through the defense.
Banana shocked me by saving the day and Oxy need some zeroing with his shot but he doing what we are not doing.

I hate losing to manure.
It is a gentle reminder that we lack quality players to win the game.

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Fabinho will be default for the holding role.
It’s the dynamic of the 2 in front of him.
I will pick Gini and Keita / Ox
Or ox and Keita like today if we need abit more drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.