Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
once upon a time in Dortmund....

This one really classic!

Saw the match on tv in my camp bunk, I covered myself up with the tv set in order not to wake up my Chief Clerk, who was a WO. I also endured the excitement by not making so much voice throughout the match.

Second day, I kenna ****** by this WO for he thought he saw a ghost the previous night! LOL

killless

Master Member
Reaction score

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whatever the outcome, hopefully the FA will crown Liverpool as the EPL champions this season. It has been an extremely long wait for a title.

hardtounderstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Liverpool supporters' group send letter to CEO Peter Moore after furlough decision

Liverpool fan group Spirit of Shankly have slammed the club for furloughing their non-playing staff in a letter to CEO Peter Moore.

The Reds made the decision on Saturday and were widely slammed for the move by the likes of club legend Jamie Carragher and former midfielder Dietmar Hamann.

They have now come in for more criticism from the Spirit of Shankly, who have said they are "concerned about the damage this is causing to our club’s reputation and values."

In a letter written by the group's chairman Joe Blott, they said: "You will have seen the overwhelmingly negative fan reaction to the club’s announcement stating their intention to furlough a number of employees.

"We understand this is essentially an employee/employer issue but as LFC’s recognised official supporter representatives we are concerned about the damage this is causing to our club’s reputation and values."

The club's initial statement read : "While our priority from the outset has been to focus primarily on the health and wellbeing of our players, staff, supporters and local community, the club has also committed to playing as full a role as possible in the Premier League’s ongoing response to the crisis.

"Liverpool FC has placed some staff who are impacted by the Premier League suspension on furlough. The club has confirmed those staff will be paid 100 per cent of their salaries to ensure no member of staff is financially disadvantaged."

"Last month the club also confirmed that it would pay its matchday and non-matchday staff while the Premier League is suspended."

"Even prior to the decision on staff furloughing, there was a collective commitment at senior levels of the club – on and off the pitch – with everyone working towards a solution that secures jobs for employees of the club during this unprecedented crisis."

"There is ongoing active engagement about the topic of salary deductions during the period matches are not being played to schedule. These discussions are complex and as a result the process is ongoing."

========================================

Looks like the decision to furlough their non-playing staff is a poor one. Much anger about this decision. It may save the club a bit, but i doubt we will go bankrupt even if we continue to pay the non-playing staff. All the goodwill build by the club seems to have been wasted by this decision.

hardtounderstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Premier League in 'advanced talks with government over football returning in June' with games to be played behind closed doors

The return of the Premier League could be edging closer after advanced talks with the government led to a possible June return for the top flight.

An emergency meeting involving the 20 clubs was held on Friday to try and thrash out an agreement in a desperate measure to complete the season which came to a grinding halt back in March due to the coronavirus.

But according to the Mirror, the Premier League have made progress in getting to a stage where games could resume behind closed doors under special permission.

While the government still forecasts the pandemic to still yet reach its peak, strict guidelines are set to be laid out for the matches.

Measures have also been discussed with league officials over keeping the players in a sterile environment and away from the public.

Fears remain over fans potentially breaking the lockdown to travel to matches despite government measures but plans have been drawn to try and keep supporters at home.

These include televising more games, with some clubs even advocating terrestrial channels broadcasting matches which would be a first for the competition.

There are also claims that should the crisis ease during April, supporters will be allowed to attend matches in a best case scenario.

The Premier League accepts matches will not be able to go ahead should the coronavirus chaos worsen in the coming months, but they are hopeful by June the worst of it would have come to pass.

Clubs have been told to prepare for a mid-June comeback, which will see players increase their training load from May.

With returning now seemingly a real prospect, schedules will be drawn up how to play the remaining nine fixtures, for most clubs, as well as the FA Cup, with Liverpool looking to finally claim their first top flight title for 30 years.

One situation unclearer though is how it could work around the Champions League and Europa League with UEFA still in separate talks over resuming their club competitions.

===========================================

Hope it is safe by then, even if it is played behind closed door.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with furlough either
But I don't have any solutions either :o

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Takechan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Liverpool supporters' group send letter to CEO Peter Moore after furlough decision

Liverpool fan group Spirit of Shankly have slammed the club for furloughing their non-playing staff in a letter to CEO Peter Moore.

The Reds made the decision on Saturday and were widely slammed for the move by the likes of club legend Jamie Carragher and former midfielder Dietmar Hamann.

They have now come in for more criticism from the Spirit of Shankly, who have said they are "concerned about the damage this is causing to our club’s reputation and values."

In a letter written by the group's chairman Joe Blott, they said: "You will have seen the overwhelmingly negative fan reaction to the club’s announcement stating their intention to furlough a number of employees.

"We understand this is essentially an employee/employer issue but as LFC’s recognised official supporter representatives we are concerned about the damage this is causing to our club’s reputation and values."

The club's initial statement read : "While our priority from the outset has been to focus primarily on the health and wellbeing of our players, staff, supporters and local community, the club has also committed to playing as full a role as possible in the Premier League’s ongoing response to the crisis.

"Liverpool FC has placed some staff who are impacted by the Premier League suspension on furlough. The club has confirmed those staff will be paid 100 per cent of their salaries to ensure no member of staff is financially disadvantaged."

"Last month the club also confirmed that it would pay its matchday and non-matchday staff while the Premier League is suspended."

"Even prior to the decision on staff furloughing, there was a collective commitment at senior levels of the club – on and off the pitch – with everyone working towards a solution that secures jobs for employees of the club during this unprecedented crisis."

"There is ongoing active engagement about the topic of salary deductions during the period matches are not being played to schedule. These discussions are complex and as a result the process is ongoing."

========================================

Looks like the decision to furlough their non-playing staff is a poor one. Much anger about this decision. It may save the club a bit, but i doubt we will go bankrupt even if we continue to pay the non-playing staff. All the goodwill build by the club seems to have been wasted by this decision.

Yeah, huge backlash considering other clubs are not even doing it at all. Unfortunately had to contradict Klopp's piece from a few weeks ago about managing personal health, safety and hygiene. What a PR disaster.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From my understanding staff will still get paid 100% of their wages.

The issue is that 20% will be paid by the club and balance of 80% by the government from the rescue package.

chankoonH

Banned
Reaction score
busby b@stards manure scums talking sh!t again about us and the atm CL match, ******* scums no chance to play CL wanna b!tch about us, ******* scumfark united

sKeLeToN

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From my understanding staff will still get paid 100% of their wages.

The issue is that 20% will be paid by the club and balance of 80% by the government from the rescue package.
I thot the stick we are getting is becoz we are a big club making profits, so should not be dipping into the govt rescue package which is more for the smaller organisations that have more need for that support....

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thot the stick we are getting is becoz we are a big club making profits, so should not be dipping into the govt rescue package which is more for the smaller organisations that have more need for that support....

Didn't bother to read the fine print.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
busby b@stards manure scums talking sh!t again about us and the atm CL match, ******* scums no chance to play CL wanna b!tch about us, ******* scumfark united
Opinions are like arsehole, everyone has 1
Since when theirs matter :s11:

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LFC has reversed their decision.

The Athletic reports that shortly FIFA will announce in extension of 2019/20 season indefinitely.

hardtounderstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LFC has reversed their decision.

The Athletic reports that shortly FIFA will announce in extension of 2019/20 season indefinitely.

Glad Liverpool reversed their furlough decision. They have made missteps during their ownership but they are big enough to admit mistakes too. I remember the ticket price increase issue when the fans walked out, the owner also backed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.