HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2018, 12:02 PM   #1546
Great Supremacy Member

yea sad that these happy faces didn't translate to result on the pitch.
These pics are before Brighton games.
Old 22-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #1547

Back to transfer, whatever whoever Ed tried or said he tried, to sign after WC, are panic action to me. This, I blame it on Ed.

H Maguire has been doing well the whole last season before being selected in WC squad. They are blind if H Maguire only appeared in their list after scoring goal in WC. Served them right for being tok carrot head.

Look at VVD's latest performance, that put both our boys in Brighton game to shame. Tall, strong, good ball playing skill, adapted to EPL already, 25/26 of age, perfect for JoMo I said. He was available the whole last summer, did we go for him? Was his price tag a joke now?

Can we still trust JoMo's "list of players" he wants?

I may not like the idea that a Technical Director coming in (I will explain later) instead of a DoF, but I agree that is a good and rational move. It is for the goods of the club. A Technical Director's role:

“My function is to make the link with the players, the coach and the board,” Campos said. “I develop the scouting team and its structure. I speak with the board to assess the economic opportunities for signing players. The coach develops the profile of the team, the type of players he needs for his tactics, and in tandem with the scouting team we suggest the best solutions on the market to fit the profile the coach requires.

“I have developed a large network worldwide. Normally, I build teams by using five players with experience and combining these with big talents who also have the potential to develop inside the club for its future.
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/man...193053631.html

JoMo, or whoever in-charge of this club, needs such professional assistance.

Luis Campos is the person who helped Monaco recruited the likes of Martial, Mbappe, Mendy, ect. He is now at Lille.

I have every reason to believe that if Luis Campos is the person that Ed is eyeing, this is his strongest backing for JoMo. Luis Campos belongs to Mendes' camp, has close relationship with Mendes and JoMo. During JoMo's time at RM, he had serious clash with Valdano, their DoF that time. He requested to the their president to replace Valdano with Luis Campos. In the end, Valdano was not replaced, but Luis Campos was hired as a Chief of Scouting kind of role, to pacify JoMo. This temporarily calm the situation there.

If the incoming person is someone else, it is not to undermine JoMo, but to give him professional help.

Also, this is also the reason I think that, VDS will not be coming in if it is for TD role. He is now CEO at Ajax, no reason for him to downgrade himself for a TD role here.

My 2 cents.
Old 22-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #1548
High Supremacy Member

Paging for Daniel Ng to gib comments....
Old 22-08-2018, 01:17 PM   #1549
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't talk like that leh, later people say the wife not faithful go out taojiak (Zidane).

Anyway, if any of the Zidane rumour was true, JoMo is only having a taste of his own medicine. The year end before LVG was sacked, there was already talks about Ed approaching JoMo. I won't be surprised it was their side (Mendes) leaked such confidential meeting info to the public to add pressure to LVG.

出来混的,最后都是要还的。
Lol, wife not faithful. Or husband playboy change wife every 3 years. He's like the successful, high ses prized boyfriend who courts you with sweet words etc, after marriage than you realise what a person he truly is until you no choice ask for divorce. Cannot get what he wants start being sarcastic to you and your kids, blaming everyone except himself. Never his shortcoming but others. Then starts sulking and bringing the morale of the family down. Wife never go out court Zidane, they are just rumours like you mention from outsiders who look at the marriage as breaking down and feels she deserved someone better.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
Old 22-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #1550
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ed gave him all the players he wanted for the last 2 season

he can't even motivate them to perform well enough to challenge the title

challenge. not win

he cant even motivate the players he himself bought
now he come to ed asking to buy 30yr olds at 70m each
last season one not even a regular at spurs
another also not regular at chel
so ed is expected to say yes?

you want to back your manager is fine. that's y i think fred was bought quite easily and early. i dont think ed mind paying 50m for him but dont come asking him to pay 70m for a 30yr old

i might be in the minority here but im on ed side.
wanna buy players at least buy the right kind
Old 22-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #1551
Arch-Supremacy Member

Look, with all the players Foos signed, they actually haven’t won anything for the past 10 years? 😏😂

Sure, their heavy metal style football might be attractive but they still haven’t won anything yet.

Also, I’m not backing JM. I for one would love for him to go right now if we actually really can manage to get Zizou to come in.

But since that’s not the case, we should back JM to succeed. Because JM winning games = Utd winning games = we happy. 🤓

And got JM to win games, Utd need players. That’s the truth though, no matter what fans think about our current line up. On paper is strong but most of them are quite young in age, except Young 😂

And honestly, as a management level, you don’t give a pay raise to your HOD and then cut off his legs when the department is “growing” and he asked for more staff but you refuse.
cannot deny they invested quite well in buying a good defender, keeper and 2 midfielders at the right age

and someone here was insisting no player in the mid 20s will come here. i dont really dont understand at all. all the other clubs have been investing in players in their 20s

and instead JM wants oldies at sky high prices to save himself
Old 22-08-2018, 02:27 PM   #1552
Supremacy Member

challenge. not win

you want to back your manager is fine. that's y i think fred was bought quite easily and early. i dont think ed mind paying 50m for him but dont come asking him to pay 70m for a 30yr old

Make sense even a kid would know u dont buy an expiring candy.
You buy fresh and can keep it for long.

Financial is not under JM care therefore he only do his part by sending his own wishlist however the list is subject to approval by board.

I hope JM would seriously consider talented early to mid 20s players like Fred the red.

Last edited by white_prince; 22-08-2018 at 02:31 PM..
Old 22-08-2018, 02:49 PM   #1553
Arch-Supremacy Member

I only know that I don't know enough of what goes on the club in the entirety to say what should or shouldn't happen. I'm not in the business of what ifs. I've seen pretenders like Blackburn and Leeds come and go, so I do think the business end is probably as important as what goes on on the pitch. I don't think anyone praised the team (as a complete entity) after the defeat, so I don't know what some are complaining about. Some of us are not knee-jerk types or are confident enough to say any single variable is the cause of this trough. Some believe a change of A/B/C/D or any combination will bring us to the next crest, some think otherwise. I've seen people calling for CristianoR to be sold, some backing CarlosT to the point of saying SAF doesn't know what he's doing letting a good player go, and some calling SAF senile and past his prime. Doesn't mean I've seen it all, it's just that I've realised everyone chooses to see things from a different angle. Just don't keep harping on the same point every other post like a broken record.

I support United my way, you can go about yours. You wanna lament for the next 4 days before the game, or for the rest of the season, feel free to, no one can stop you anyway. I'm just going to look forward to the next match to see what changes. Because touch wood, I'll never know when the next match is the last match I'll ever catch. Dour as the last game may be, it will never be as bad as some that actually did happen during SAF's time.
Old 22-08-2018, 04:33 PM   #1554
Supremacy Member

because majority of the fans are desperate for success in BPL now. we have not been winning it since post-SAF era. but this is not the way to win them. they probably would last for only a season and baam, we are back to square one again.

I was never a huge Willian fan in the first place.
Will have to wait until Tahith Chong is ready for the 1st team. By that time Mourinho may not be managing Man Utd.
Old 22-08-2018, 04:37 PM   #1555
Supremacy Member

I only know that I don't know enough of what goes on the club in the entirety to say what should or shouldn't happen. I'm not in the business of what ifs. I've seen pretenders like Blackburn and Leeds come and go, so I do think the business end is probably as important as what goes on on the pitch. I don't think anyone praised the team (as a complete entity) after the defeat, so I don't know what some are complaining about. Some of us are not knee-jerk types or are confident enough to say any single variable is the cause of this trough. Some believe a change of A/B/C/D or any combination will bring us to the next crest, some think otherwise. I've seen people calling for CristianoR to be sold, some backing CarlosT to the point of saying SAF doesn't know what he's doing letting a good player go, and some calling SAF senile and past his prime. Doesn't mean I've seen it all, it's just that I've realised everyone chooses to see things from a different angle. Just don't keep harping on the same point every other post like a broken record.

I support United my way, you can go about yours. You wanna lament for the next 4 days before the game, or for the rest of the season, feel free to, no one can stop you anyway. I'm just going to look forward to the next match to see what changes. Because touch wood, I'll never know when the next match is the last match I'll ever catch. Dour as the last game may be, it will never be as bad as some that actually did happen during SAF's time.
Next match against Tottenham, a top 4 club for several yrs.
Old 22-08-2018, 04:42 PM   #1556
Supremacy Member

challenge. not win

The 2 central defenders against Brighton were bought by him.
Old 22-08-2018, 04:58 PM   #1557
Arch-Supremacy Member

Whilst I can't be sure, I don't think the scouting network in place by the club is in any way handled/managed by JoseM much, if at all. Or he may direct the scouts to those players he considers, and then have to rely on those reports to make a decision? But I'm pretty sure it's not like FM where the scouts don't do anything if they are not given a task to do.

And now that I think back, how many top top players have our scouts unearthed over the last 10 years? Even during SAF's last few years, we've bought most of our players from within EPL, because he did say that the integration curve is a lot shorter and not as steep.

The only one I've been impressed with was AnthonyM after his first game. I still think we've not seen the best from him yet though.
Old 22-08-2018, 05:16 PM   #1558

Congratulate to old boy DB7, UEFA President Award recipient.
Old 22-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #1559
Arch-Supremacy Member

The 2 central defenders against Brighton were bought by him.
No i think they were bought by Sir Alex
Old 22-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #1560
Arch-Supremacy Member

with regards to mentions about JM winning PL titles before, i did went to look at the squads then.

JM won with Chelsea in 04/05, 05/06 and 14/15. Now, based on my impression and memory, supported by number of appearances, i would say JM employs about 6 defensive players with 1 player who can link up the attack and defence and 3 attackers. so it would be 4 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders, 1 box to box/midfield who can link, 2 wings and 1 frontman.

if we compare to our squad now, we also have 4 defenders, but 1 is a winger-to-lb/rb. in midfield we are playing the trio of pereira, pogba, and fred. of these 3, i don't really see 2 defensive midfielders. last season our midfield looked stronger remember? because matic was in it, and usually herrera/mctominay was the other, leaving pogba to bet he box-to-box/link. this season? all 3 don't look good defensively. in our frontline we have a stellar cast of superstars, but it is awfully imbalanced. of our entire frontline, we don't have a provider, unlike chelsea who employed damien duff in the early years and then oscar in 14/15. our frontline only has attackers who dribble/finish.

so in my opinion, the title winning chelsea can be defensively sound, because they have 6 players in defending, 1 who can defend and attack during counters, 1 winger who can provide, 1 attacker who can dribble and 1 striker who can finish. this is the most complete park-the-bus lineup you can get.

for our case, we have 3 defenders, +1 who is converted but still doesn't look defensive enough. of our trio of central midfielders, maybe fred looks a little defensive minded, pogba and perreira look better when they are attacking in the final 3rd. in frontline all our attackers are not good providers, instead are better dribblers/finishers. this is probably the reason why we play so badly when JM uses the park-the-bus tactic against strong opposition, because we don't have the most suitable players for such a tactic. and the reason we are not scoring is because we don't have good providers in the team to send the final ball to our finishers. maybe mata, but he isn't consistent.

with our lineup for the past 2 games, i think we are more suited to play 4-1-2-2-1, 2 fullbacks to press forward, 1 anchor man to defend when needed, 2 central midfielders with 2 attacking midfielders and supported by the 2 pressing fullback try to keep the ball in front, eventually overloading the opponent's half and either them or the one striker can attack the goal when the ball is sent into the box. the gist is to keep the opponent in their half and keep the attacking possession count.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.