Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #1561
Supremacy Member

They have no signings this year though

Next match against Tottenham, a top 4 club for several yrs.
Old 22-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #1562
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lost ground to other title challengers after 2nd match....
Old 22-08-2018, 08:55 PM   #1563
Greater Supremacy Member

hey guys is this season the last year of contract for singtel ?

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 22-08-2018, 08:56 PM   #1564
Greater Supremacy Member

with regards to mentions about JM winning PL titles before, i did went to look at the squads then.

JM won with Chelsea in 04/05, 05/06 and 14/15. Now, based on my impression and memory, supported by number of appearances, i would say JM employs about 6 defensive players with 1 player who can link up the attack and defence and 3 attackers. so it would be 4 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders, 1 box to box/midfield who can link, 2 wings and 1 frontman.

if we compare to our squad now, we also have 4 defenders, but 1 is a winger-to-lb/rb. in midfield we are playing the trio of pereira, pogba, and fred. of these 3, i don't really see 2 defensive midfielders. last season our midfield looked stronger remember? because matic was in it, and usually herrera/mctominay was the other, leaving pogba to bet he box-to-box/link. this season? all 3 don't look good defensively. in our frontline we have a stellar cast of superstars, but it is awfully imbalanced. of our entire frontline, we don't have a provider, unlike chelsea who employed damien duff in the early years and then oscar in 14/15. our frontline only has attackers who dribble/finish.

so in my opinion, the title winning chelsea can be defensively sound, because they have 6 players in defending, 1 who can defend and attack during counters, 1 winger who can provide, 1 attacker who can dribble and 1 striker who can finish. this is the most complete park-the-bus lineup you can get.

for our case, we have 3 defenders, +1 who is converted but still doesn't look defensive enough. of our trio of central midfielders, maybe fred looks a little defensive minded, pogba and perreira look better when they are attacking in the final 3rd. in frontline all our attackers are not good providers, instead are better dribblers/finishers. this is probably the reason why we play so badly when JM uses the park-the-bus tactic against strong opposition, because we don't have the most suitable players for such a tactic. and the reason we are not scoring is because we don't have good providers in the team to send the final ball to our finishers. maybe mata, but he isn't consistent.

with our lineup for the past 2 games, i think we are more suited to play 4-1-2-2-1, 2 fullbacks to press forward, 1 anchor man to defend when needed, 2 central midfielders with 2 attacking midfielders and supported by the 2 pressing fullback try to keep the ball in front, eventually overloading the opponent's half and either them or the one striker can attack the goal when the ball is sent into the box. the gist is to keep the opponent in their half and keep the attacking possession count.
JM has to build a tactic to fit the current squad..

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 22-08-2018, 09:32 PM   #1565

he can't even motivate them to perform well enough to challenge the title

challenge. not win
as i said before. NONE of SAF's teams would have challenged, simply coz the 100points tally blew everyone away.

81 points would have challenged most other EPL winners, and we could possibly have had more if it was closer and players were more motivated.

We need to take a step back and remember where we were before Jose came, and where we were last season. From languishing out of UCL to becoming somewhat decent.

He has bridged the gap, we have to give him some credit. We came ahead of the team with a godlike Salah who would surely come in top-3 in ballon D'or.

However, I also feel it may be time for another manager to instill some fresh ideas into the squad. Our play is really to watch sometimes. We'll see what happens. by December we will know
Old 22-08-2018, 09:40 PM   #1566
High Supremacy Member

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...rs-leave-them/

As Manchester United’s share price hits all-time high here’s why club sponsors could ditch football’s most powerful brand
Old 22-08-2018, 11:36 PM   #1567
Supremacy Member

JM has to build a tactic to fit the current squad..
You think he is capable of doing it?
Old 23-08-2018, 12:15 AM   #1568
Arch-Supremacy Member

He used to, back in Porto/Inter days. I think he is spoilt with big money players during his time at Real and Chelsea. Now you hardly see anything revolutionary from his tactics.
Old 23-08-2018, 04:35 AM   #1569
Supremacy Member

hey guys is this season the last year of contract for singtel ?
I m terminating when my contract is up in April
Old 23-08-2018, 07:36 AM   #1570
Great Supremacy Member

Old 23-08-2018, 07:42 AM   #1571
Arch-Supremacy Member

Woodward like a Boss!!!!
Old 23-08-2018, 08:39 AM   #1572
Greater Supremacy Member

True.. if keep continuing under perform. Those big sponsors might think twice to associated with united.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT
Old 23-08-2018, 08:41 AM   #1573
Greater Supremacy Member

For his sake and united sake.. he better start doing that..

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT
Old 23-08-2018, 08:59 AM   #1574
Great Supremacy Member

thats where the panic action mentioned by MouOut takes place.

remb the club tried to chase for the likes of Bale n Fabregas all summer and end up buying Fellaini after clause expired.
True.. if keep continuing under perform. Those big sponsors might think twice to associated with united.
Old 23-08-2018, 09:08 AM   #1575
High Supremacy Member

Saved $150m!!! good work, shareholders all damn happy.. share price up! All jolly and happy
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.