Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2018, 02:45 PM   #1591
Great Supremacy Member

Man from the Orient1 day ago (edited)
Someone should remind Carragher that the entire Country used to bash and critisice Pep for playing it out from the back and dropping Hart. He allmost missed out on a top 4 finish in his first Season and won 0 trophies. It took Pep 3 Transfer Windows before his Team started to dominate so how do People expect Emery to Change Things for the better after 6 weeks when you consider his low Budget that he had and the fact that he has to rebuild an unbalanced squad that he inherited? Chelsea have spent more on a Goalkeeper than what Arsenal did to rebuild the entire squad eventhough Chelsea allready had the better Team before the Transfer window opened. I am a Coach as well (Ameteur Football) but Garry is absolutly spot on, you have to stick to your philosophy and be rutheless otherwise the Players will feel it and jump all over you

Last edited by Asakura; 23-08-2018 at 02:48 PM..
Old 23-08-2018, 03:03 PM   #1592

That is true.. united can only wave cash to attract players to join nowadays.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT
don't worry, Ed is working hard to bring in more cash, cold hard cash.

ICICI Bank announces partnership with Manchester United

Bravo Ed, Bravo!
Asakura likes this.
Old 23-08-2018, 03:16 PM   #1593

Meanwhile in Czech, a local football academy has this banner around there:

It says

Please do not forget:

1. These are just kids
2. It's just a game
3. Coaches are volunteers
4. Referees are human beings
5. We are not Manchester United
Old 23-08-2018, 03:19 PM   #1594
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's weird that they talk about football is changing, how the structure is changing and that these days there must be a sound structure with Director of Football etc to take care of different aspects of the game...and that now we are playing catch up with Man City even in terms of that. DM was slated for saying we aspire to to be like Man City back then. Now it seems ok to say we aspire to be like everyone else.

But JM is still sticking to his old methods. Kinda like LVG right? Only this time without possession and without having shots on target.

As to why Ed gave a contract extension in Janurary, I guess there are expecting him to deliver especially with a new signing in Sanchez. The club was willing to write off the transfer fee paid for Miki in exchange for Sanchez. They would expect him to turn it around and at least win a cup as we are still in the running for UCL and FA Cup. Instead they are seeing the same old defensives plays.

That confidence in him must have dried out by summer when we got knocked out by Sevilla and didn't win the FA Cup or any titles that matter. JM just made mattered worst with his negativity during pre season in USA. I guess like most of us, the board must have still been wishing that JM can turn things around when the actual season starts when all the players return.
Old 23-08-2018, 03:21 PM   #1595
Arch-Supremacy Member

i don't mind a dof ........... ed has been terribly frustrating this season....
Old 23-08-2018, 03:29 PM   #1596

LCFC signed a very good right back before WC.
https://twitter.com/lcfc/status/1032...621293568?s=21
Old 23-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #1597
Arch-Supremacy Member

winning games means tactics are new, revolutionary and groundbreaking.

i'm impressed.

where do i sign up for UEFA continental license?
Old 23-08-2018, 03:55 PM   #1598
Supremacy Member

share price up, earning money. simi Ed OUT. lol

but we do need someone who knows how to negotiate deals(players).
if we keep lose games, no point having ten Eds around,...what he achieved is on the back of past glories...we need to start win
Old 23-08-2018, 04:01 PM   #1599
Greater Supremacy Member

winning games means tactics are new, revolutionary and groundbreaking.

i'm impressed.

where do i sign up for UEFA continental license?
Just need a tactic that suit the core players.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT
Old 23-08-2018, 04:08 PM   #1600
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don’t mind him

His main purpose here is to make digs at fellow supporters here
Old 23-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #1601
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don’t mind him

His main purpose here is to make digs at fellow supporters here
You do not represent me, you have no rights to make such statements on my behalf.
Old 23-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #1602
Arch-Supremacy Member

LCFC signed a very good right back before WC.
https://twitter.com/lcfc/status/1032...621293568?s=21
Ricardo Pereira is the upperstudy for our Dalot. they paid 17.5m +4.3 m(add on) for the first teamer while we pay 19m for their sub.
Old 23-08-2018, 04:31 PM   #1603

actually i realised most of the higher ranked people here all support mourinho and cannot accept the fact that football is a business. why ah?

Also correct me if im wrong, but if the value of Man Utd go up = more sponsors = more cash all around = bigger transfer kitty to buy/pay more WONDERFUL, RESOURCEFUL 30 year olds, then why you guys "dont care"? if my saying is true then Ed is doing a good job?
Old 23-08-2018, 04:33 PM   #1604
Arch-Supremacy Member

actually i realised most of the higher ranked people here all support mourinho and cannot accept the fact that football is a business. why ah?

Also correct me if im wrong, but if the value of Man Utd go up = more sponsors = more cash all around = bigger transfer kitty to buy/pay more WONDERFUL, RESOURCEFUL 30 year olds, then why you guys "dont care"? if my saying is true then Ed is doing a good job?
nobody is criticizing him for bringing more deals to the club. But on the transfer front, he needs a partner to tie things up for him.
Old 23-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #1605

Ricardo Pereira is the upperstudy for our Dalot. they paid 17.5m +4.3 m(add on) for the first teamer while we pay 19m for their sub.
So this is the player that Porto let go, in the assumption that Dalot would renew contract to be their starting full back. And then Dalot pang seh them... but well, super talented mah, what is 19m? We are worth 4bn.

I like what I see about this guy, attacking wise. I hope Dalot lives up to his potential, to be better than this.

Last edited by #MourinhoOut; 23-08-2018 at 04:37 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.