HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2018, 04:36 PM   #1606
Arch-Supremacy Member

actually i realised most of the higher ranked people here all support mourinho and cannot accept the fact that football is a business. why ah?

Also correct me if im wrong, but if the value of Man Utd go up = more sponsors = more cash all around = bigger transfer kitty to buy/pay more WONDERFUL, RESOURCEFUL 30 year olds, then why you guys "dont care"? if my saying is true then Ed is doing a good job?
You like to use bamboo poles to capsize every single sampan, speedboat, tugboat, tanker, container vessel you see eh?
Old 23-08-2018, 04:41 PM   #1607

awww, well if my opinions are bamboo poles to your tugboat (mm k ) and you're aware of it, I'm certainly getting my points across aren't I?
Old 23-08-2018, 04:57 PM   #1608
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anything that rocks your boat!
Old 23-08-2018, 04:57 PM   #1609
Arch-Supremacy Member

So this is the player that Porto let go, in the assumption that Dalot would renew contract to be their starting full back. And then Dalot pang seh them... but well, super talented mah, what is 19m? We are worth 4bn.

I like what I see about this guy, attacking wise. I hope Dalot lives up to his potential, to be better than this.
yes Dalot was the one to replace Perreira in the first team but he also pangseh Porto but Porto did get great money for him. not even a full international but cost 20m. Ruben Neves, who was captain and full international only moved for 16m.

Potential really hard to predict and difficult to realise. We can have plenty of Golden Ball players here and many have already flopped badly. But the very least is Portugal players can attack
Old 23-08-2018, 04:59 PM   #1610
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's because we're Man United. Ricardo Pereira would probably have cost us 30m.
Old 23-08-2018, 05:05 PM   #1611
Great Supremacy Member

because its the board that changed their stance on how to run the business but yet did not make necessary changes to match the path they chose.

Carra n GNev didn't say its a must, but if the board don't wanna be like them, den they bloody make sure Ed isn't just capable of maggie mee deals.

even LFC's FSG appointed a sporting director(new created role) to adapt to new ways to running clubs. their fans has been criticizing their transfer dealing for years.
It's weird that they talk about football is changing, how the structure is changing and that these days there must be a sound structure with Director of Football etc to take care of different aspects of the game...and that now we are playing catch up with Man City even in terms of that. DM was slated for saying we aspire to to be like Man City back then. Now it seems ok to say we aspire to be like everyone else.
As to why Ed gave a contract extension in Janurary, I guess there are expecting him to deliver especially with a new signing in Sanchez. The club was willing to write off the transfer fee paid for Miki in exchange for Sanchez. They would expect him to turn it around and at least win a cup as we are still in the running for UCL and FA Cup. Instead they are seeing the same old defensives plays.

That confidence in him must have dried out by summer when we got knocked out by Sevilla and didn't win the FA Cup or any titles that matter. JM just made mattered worst with his negativity during pre season in USA. I guess like most of us, the board must have still been wishing that JM can turn things around when the actual season starts when all the players return.
u dont 'dry out' in a space of 6mths after a new contract
it sounds almost like when giving the new contract they told JM "if Sanchez still dont work den sorry u gotta do it our way, buy young, no more old farts, u deal with whatever we give u."
if that was their intent, den they should never had extended him. i'll be surprised JM even extended in the first place under such conditions

even his track record shows that he will voice out about his management when he cant get signings.

since they decided to extend, den they have to back him thru out.
he wants the young Dalot, Fred, but he also wants an experienced CB, Winger. im pretty sure he identified the players quite some time ago, esp Perisic.
if give them benefit of doubt they din know JM better when first employed him, the time they extend his contract, they should know his style, and not just suddenly say "sorry no old expensive dudes for you"

its more like now see Zizou is available, so "let's play bast4rd and see when we can sack JM, Nov/Dec is a good time."

Last edited by Asakura; 23-08-2018 at 05:28 PM..
Old 23-08-2018, 05:10 PM   #1612
Great Supremacy Member

GNev's opinion on managers adapting

Just need a tactic that suit the core players.

Last edited by Asakura; 23-08-2018 at 05:21 PM..
Old 23-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #1613

yes Dalot was the one to replace Perreira in the first team but he also pangseh Porto but Porto did get great money for him. not even a full international but cost 20m. Ruben Neves, who was captain and full international only moved for 16m.

Potential really hard to predict and difficult to realise. We can have plenty of Golden Ball players here and many have already flopped badly. But the very least is Portugal players can attack
LDFC current DoF is doing quite well, managed to sign Kante, Maguire, and this guy for them.
Asakura likes this.
Old 23-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #1614

its more like now see Zizou is available, so "let's play bast4rd and see when we can sack JM, Nov/Dec is a good time."
wow never saw it this way, but this makes sense!
Old 23-08-2018, 05:24 PM   #1615
Arch-Supremacy Member

LDFC current DoF is doing quite well, managed to sign Kante, Maguire, and this guy for them.
but quite pointless as they can't challenge for anything after they sold Kante/Drinkwater/Mahrez. the only role in the epl food chain is to supply players to bigger clubs and turn in profits for the thai owners.
Old 23-08-2018, 05:40 PM   #1616

but quite pointless as they can't challenge for anything after they sold Kante/Drinkwater/Mahrez. the only role in the epl food chain is to supply players to bigger clubs and turn in profits for the thai owners.
that is the positioning of the club. The guy did his job, bring in real gems.
Asakura likes this.
Old 23-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #1617
Arch-Supremacy Member

GNev's opinion on managers adapting
So basically its a tug of war as to who should adapt to whom. Players adapt to manager or manager adapt to players. Its a question of who can tahan who longer when results are not showing.
Old 23-08-2018, 09:05 PM   #1618
Supremacy Member

Can Utd beat spurs?
Old 23-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #1619
Arch-Supremacy Member

Of course we can, just a question of whether will or not. ;p
Old 23-08-2018, 10:18 PM   #1620
Arch-Supremacy Member

Of course we can, just a question of whether will or not. ;p
Yeah...can beat. We have upgraded the squad. Spurs is still the same team.

We'll win it. We do well against top 6 teams...Its the mid and lower table teams that we are afraid of. Lol.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.