Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2018, 04:35 AM   #1696
High Supremacy Member

he only concerned about commercial side of this "business"
Of course! He's a business man, doubt he gives a sh|t what goes on on the pitch.. even if the club is down, he can praise it to the heavens.. that's their job
Old 25-08-2018, 07:12 AM   #1697
Supremacy Member

Noted
Haha

Got chance to win.
Old 25-08-2018, 09:11 AM   #1698
Supremacy Member

Manchester Utd v Tottenham preview & prediction

https://txodds.com/match-info/42308/...td-v-tottenham
Old 25-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #1699

Manchester United vs Tottenham pre match press conference quotes - 24.08.2018

Jose on if playing on a Monday night is frustrating when the squad is so eager to return to winning ways :

"You can look at two different perspectives. On one side, I would say yes, but on another side I would say we need time to work, we need time to try to recover some players from injury, so itís not bad for us."

"Today is Friday - we still have Saturday and Sunday to make decisions but letís wait and see."

Jose on how eager he is looking forward to the next game :

"Iím always looking forward to our matches, especially after a negative result, as all you want [to do] is to play again. I love football and I love to stand on the touchline."

Jose on if his relationship with Ed Woodward is fine :

"Of course.Ē

No problems ? "No"

Jose on Pogba's admission that his attitude was not right

"Paul told (that), Paul has to answer by his words. If you want any explanation about Paul's words you must get him and ask him"

Jose on team news:

"I don't know [if Matic, Sanchez and Valencia will play]. Today is still Friday, training Saturday, Sunday, match Monday. Decision to be made Sunday. Dalot is also training with the team for the first time this week. In terms of medical department they are almost free."

Jose on media speculation due to last weekend's defeat :

"Donít ask me, because I donít read."

ďI donít know 10 per cent of what is written, of what is coming on TV screens, so Iím not the right guy to answer it."

Jose on if he felt there had been an overreaction to Unitedís defeat at Brighton :

ďYou are pessimistic - Iím not.Ē

Jose on poor performances by Bailly & Lindelof :

"I don't analyse my players with you."

Jose on what he expects as a reaction from his team :

ďItís always difficult after the match you lose, especially for people that really care about the job, about being a football professional."

ďBut after that you think about the next match. You do the same when you win, you have to move on and focus what next and when you lose you have to do even more."

ďI feel we played well against Leicester and we won. I felt we played bad against Brighton and we lost."

ďI would like to play well and win. Not make mistakes, play well and win. Thatís what we want.Ē

Jose on upcoming games :

"You have to play against 19 opponents at Old Trafford and away, you have to play against everyone, so I donít know if itís the right time [to be playing Tottenham]."

ďThe time is now, the fixtures were decided this way and we have to play, Tottenham in the second match at Old Trafford, and then we go away twice in a row Burnley and Watford."

ďThis is what it is and of course itís a difficult match, against a team that last season finished in top four."

"So a difficult match."
Old 25-08-2018, 10:30 AM   #1700
High Supremacy Member

It's like a chicken and egg thing.

JM blames EW for not giving him the players to compete with Man City for the title.

EW blames JM for not getting the best out of the current players and he cannot justify spending more money on players JM wanted unless there are results on the pitch.

JM argued that no players how to get results?

So who's to blame?

Old 25-08-2018, 10:32 AM   #1701
Arch-Supremacy Member

JM blames EW for not giving him the players to compete with Man City for the title.

EW blames JM for not getting the best out of the current players and he cannot justify spending more money on players JM wanted unless there are results on the pitch.

it's damn sian when the person holding the purse has their own agenda not supporting the manager with money.
Old 25-08-2018, 12:07 PM   #1702
Great Supremacy Member

press talk about transfer = fake news
press talk about internal info = real
even though players may say otherwise

on the basis that your information about the toxic and negativity is what the press is trying to portray?
Old 25-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #1703
Arch-Supremacy Member

press talk about transfer = fake news
press talk about internal info = real
even though players may say otherwise
other than pogs with that interview, there pretty much isn't any reliable news source anywhere. only can confirm pogs and mourinho is not close.

anyway this thread made me realize how powerful the press and media is today and how they can alter people's perception. Like the damn pow-der-ful can.

no wonder grandfather grip on to 154 so tight.

Last edited by Greysky; 25-08-2018 at 12:17 PM..
Old 25-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #1704
High Supremacy Member

So who's to blame?

But but JM says his relationship with Ed is fine
Old 25-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #1705

players to blame!
ed to blame!
Board to blame!
Old 25-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #1706
Arch-Supremacy Member

So who's to blame?

Which came first, chicken or egg? There is no smoke without fire. Likewise I'm sure funds will be released if JM had won something in his 2nd year instead of coming out empty handed.

He had a better squad by the end of the 2nd season compared to the first. But the team did not progress as expected. Now he has an even better squad
then one at the end of second season but we still lose to Brighton and our play wasn't convincing.

That's why the match against Spurs is important, we have a better squad last season than the one which beat Spurs at home while Spurs is still the same with 0 players coming it. IF we lose to them, how is he going to justify it?

That's why I'm still confident that we can win it. We did fairly well against the top 6 teams last season. Losing to Spurs at home will mean we have even lost that edge. So what do we have left after that?
Old 25-08-2018, 05:21 PM   #1707
Supremacy Member

players to blame!
ed to blame!
Board to blame!
When the club is declining everyone is to be blamed. Owners, Woodward, players, Mourinho, coaches, pundits who keep giving negative comments, media that keeps publishing negative news & even the fans.
Old 25-08-2018, 08:19 PM   #1708

So everyone whacking Mou but ignoring the fact that Pogba, as captain for our last match, admitted his attitude wasn't right?

What's to say that didn't rub off on others who were playing?

SAF never allowed player power. It sucks to see it happening now and all blame being put on the manager.

And seriously it's just the second game of the season.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT
Old 25-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #1709
Great Supremacy Member

citeh dropped points against Wolves
Old 25-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #1710
Arch-Supremacy Member

City drew with Wolves. Will Pep get whacked? >.>
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.