Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mourinho cannot get the best out of our players then he need to go, it’s his job and fails to do it.

#MourinhoOut

Reaction score
By this standard, how many of SAF players got pass 70 marks?

He signed 99 players over the years, about 33 of them were good. So for every 3 players he signed, 2 were crap.

Not bashing SAF or defending JM, but at least argue on even ground rather than emotion?

Sorry ah, did not know that there is even ground here. To me, there is only NOW, different background different situation different timing, there will not be even ground. And, comparing JoMo to SAF is already in insult to SAF.

I chose my ground and stick to it. That is emotion and so be it. I am not like some holy than thou here, so rational, so holistic. I would have orgasm just by knowing JoMo leave Manchester United and I don't mind whoever is to take over, even the next manager were to bring Manchester United to relegation, I will still be with the club. So, this is my ground.

Genesisz

Master Member
Reaction score
And the ABU fans all arm chio and laughing at us and this thread.

Well, not that it bothers me.

fans here r funny, when club doing well...we hug each other...when club doing opposite...we f each other opinion

cant we just accept one another opinion?

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait for Arab billionaire take over.. sack Ed wood.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

you can only spend what you had earned... but “good” accounting practice might allow you to spend more than what was earned.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fans here r funny, when club doing well...we hug each other...when club doing opposite...we f each other opinion

cant we just accept one another opinion?

opinion is like a piece of asx. everyone is entitled to his or her.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
Sorry ah, did not know that there is even ground here. To me, there is only NOW, different background different situation different timing, there will not be even ground. And, comparing JoMo to SAF is already in insult to SAF.

I chose my ground and stick to it. That is emotion and so be it. I am not like some holy than thou here, so rational, so holistic. I would have orgasm just by knowing JoMo leave Manchester United and I don't mind whoever is to take over, even the next manager were to bring Manchester United to relegation, I will still be with the club. So, this is my ground.

even if the club relegates. now that must be a first.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can only spend what you had earned... but “good” accounting practice might allow you to spend more than what was earned.

Yeah, listen to what the guys have to say in the video I posted above. They make sense on what Ed is doing and why he is doing what he's doing given his job role and what he sees in the future of the club. JM has not earned it at the end of second season. But still the board spends money on 3 new players.

As for JM he's only looking for the short term future of himself and not the club. The type of contract extension given for JM makes sense as well. The board does not see him as someone to manage the club in the long run. He is also not the type of person to stay long at the club.

His flirting with PSG? It's the same when players do that by having rumors of a transfer, only because they want a pay raise or contract extension when they know they are valued by the club.

He's a tactician not just on the field but also around how he can market himself as well at getting the best deals out of his own contracts. He's doing a mighty good job at it.

I can guarantee that the if he leaves Utd, the next club that signs him will win something within the next 1-2 season be it the league or some cup. But it has to be a club that is strong and has good players to begin with. He is perfect for a club that needs a quick fix, to overcome a cup drought, but he's not good for the long run. It's like a drug you take for instant relief, but the long term effects will harm you if taken in the long run.

I'm still waiting for him to manage a club in the lower division, bring them up to promotion in his first season and wins the league in the 2nd. Not a club which is already in the top 6 of the country's league.Then we can really say he's the special one.

You know what's the saddest thing I see in our last game? Seeing Herrera who is a fan favourite, who was sidelined most of last season after winning player of the year the season before, being made to play in defence. This is how JM trusts his best player in the first season, only to drop him to 2nd choice in the 2nd season and making him start his first game in defence in the 3rd after 2 matches. It's going to be harder for him to get back in the team now that we have Fred and Andreas Pereira as well. The good thing for JM is that like Mata, both of them are YES men and will not complain whether they are in the team or not and where they were told to play.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
I would have orgasm just by knowing JoMo leave Manchester United and I don't mind whoever is to take over, even the next manager were to bring Manchester United to relegation, I will still be with the club. So, this is my ground.

even if the club relegates. now that must be a first.

So much angst against Mourinho, to the point that doesn't mind MU get relegated if it means JM get the sack? This is really beyond me...

I will never want to see MU get relegated, even if it means I have to support, say LvG. No doubt JM has not been good enough or else we wouldn't be in chaos. But, no single person is bigger than the club. Regardless who is the manager, I do not want to see MU get relegated. As long as JM stays, I'll support him. I simply do not believe keep changing manager can solve the problem, we are not Chelsea.

You can continue to hold your opinion. As I said to 123kid earlier, everyone here is entitled to their opinion. I just will not share the same view as you. ;)

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really cannot tahan more losses. :(

Brace yourself, the board won't sack him so easily as long as its mathematically impossible to first win the league, then drop expectation to getting a UCL spot, followed by Europa spot either via League or FA Cup.

But they won't provide him with more players either come January unless the player is young, has potential to raise profits if being sold and is available. They won't want to give him a payout nor will they waste money on an old player who may not feature in the next manager's plans.

Unless the payout amount is going to be less than what they stand to lose if they don't qualify for a place in Europe.

appl888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
#Reports coming in today that AM11 apparently is set to sign a new five year contract for United

Could be AM11’s agent or Ed himself is briefing the media again

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
again, the board employed Jose knowing the type of manager he is, short term fix. which GNev has mentioned, the board already threw out the norm/tradition.

now if they suddenly think "oh thats not the approach we want to go" den they shouldnt have extended him

extending him means they still want his way of doing things so its not logical to blame him for being himself.

he did buy younger players. they failed him. we have yet to see how Dalot will turn out.
he has been trying to "fix" Shaw too. so far so good. we'll see if he continues to progress well.

Last edited:

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
er i think u didn't understand his post
he was referring to fans saying dont mind seeing the club relegate with a new mgr as long as JM gets sacked.
In June 1971, Frank O'Farrell was appointed as manager, but lasted just 18 months before being replaced by Tommy Docherty in December 1972. Docherty saved Manchester United from relegation that season, only to see them relegated in 1974. By that time, the trio of Best, Law and Charlton had left the club.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Manchester_United_F.C._(1969–86)

Last edited:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Group-stage draw pots

Pot 1: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Lokomotiv Moscow

Pot 2: Borussia Dortmund, Porto, Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk, Benfica, Napoli, Tottenham Hotspur, Roma

Pot 3: Liverpool, Schalke, Lyon, Monaco, Ajax, CSKA Moscow, PSV Eindhoven, Valencia

Pot 4: Viktoria Plzen, Club Brugge, Galatasaray, Young Boys, Inter Milan, Hoffenheim, Red Star Belgrade, AEK Athens

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ideal group for united...

Moscow
United
Psv or ajax
Any other than inter

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.