HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2018, 10:56 AM   #2026
Great Supremacy Member

den they need to employ a footballing man first.
DoF or Technical Director wadeva the title is
They will also have 2nd thoughts as it seems that the board will stop backing the manager once they have hit their "financial objectives" rather than footballing ones.
Old 28-08-2018, 10:57 AM   #2027
Supremacy Member

We were chasing a goal, everyone's so high up. He knew he would get beat for pace, so he tried to tackle and hope VictorL would catch up. Better than passing short to the GK.
Damage was already done by then with the 2 goals and our lack of finishing in other parts of the match. Think Smalling was also lacking in some match fitness as well, so by that point of the game he should have been pretty knackered.
Old 28-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #2028
Supremacy Member

den they need to employ a footballing man first.
DoF or Technical Director wadeva the title is
Agreed, but who want to do? If a past serial winner manager and "tough nut" like Jose also cannot convince the board, what is a newbie DoF to do? I know we do not have unlimited funds like PSG or City, who are effectively state-backed clubs, we surely have more than enough to purchase a CB like Alderweireld.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:00 AM   #2029

Does not seem to be the case with the board though. I remember that Woodward came out a few months ago during a board meeting, saying that results of the pitch did not really matter to our finances. Not backing Jose this window is really poor of him and the board.
Oh, sorry, i might have miss that out.

Hello, Are you Captain Obvious?
Old 28-08-2018, 11:00 AM   #2030
Greater Supremacy Member

Does not seem to be the case with the board though. I remember that Woodward came out a few months ago during a board meeting, saying that results of the pitch did not really matter to our finances. Not backing Jose this window is really poor of him and the board.
Zhun bo.. should united get relegated also won't affect the finances ?

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT
Old 28-08-2018, 11:03 AM   #2031
Supremacy Member

Oh, sorry, i might have miss that out.
http://www.espn.com/soccer/mancheste...ts-ed-woodward

Woodward replied: "Playing performance doesn't really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business."
ragnarok95 likes this.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:03 AM   #2032

Again, anyone can "support" the way they want. I'm not going to change mine, neither do you don't have to change yours. If you're going to dish out the I-told-you-so's now, don't whine when it's your turn to take some.
TL;DM no facts to back your theories.

But this line caught me. Of course I'll take my "I told you so" from you guys once Mou steps up to the plate but currently, he is doing awful. And that laughable post-match conf. he sounds like a Liverpool fan giving a history lesson.

Like I said, I'd like to see the facts of how good Mou is from your guys point of views cus i do not see it. That shows that I'm willing to be proven wrong, so c'mon then
Old 28-08-2018, 11:04 AM   #2033
High Supremacy Member

Should not have signed Sanchez. Man City was smart not to sign him.
have said it few months ago.

Martial and Rashford were on fire until we signed him.

Heard from my Arsenal friend that he is pretty disruptive in the dressing room hence he wants out also.

Then again, the damage has already been done. Nothing we can do about it unless some club wants him and Mou sells him which is unlikely.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:04 AM   #2034

Shaw was best performer last night. But as I said earlier, it speaks volume when he was the best, in a bad way.

I still maintain what I believe, we need a RW, a LB and a CB.

One reason we didn't score, apart from we missing, is Toby led Spurs def brilliantly.

We have very little pressing from RW too.

LB, well Shaw was best player last night, but goal #2 came from his inability to stop Trippier.

We need a CB. Smelling was best CB last night, but goal #3 came from him, but the game was lost by that time anyway. He is not the kind of defender that know how to lead the back four, unlike Toby at the other end. I'll happily swap him and with Toby and pay £30m on top.

Like what some said, if you farking extend JM contracts, then you farking supports him too. You know nuts about football so don't act pro and say paying over the odds for old players. The truth is JM said we have weak spots, and Ed didn't support him to fix it.

Sack JM? Who can come? Zizou? Don't make me laugh please. Even SAF will not win much with these back four. Zizou is overhyped because he had cheat mode FM with RM. Even Moyes can win UCL with that RM team.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #2035
Great Supremacy Member

not seeing any good in JM is one thing.

wanna sit with City fans and sing their songs is entirely different. but if that's how u roll, so be it.

u feel entitled to mention how u support, people are also entitled to say it is disgusting to their ears/eyes to see such a support.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #2036
Master Member

http://www.espn.com/soccer/mancheste...ts-ed-woodward

Woodward replied: "Playing performance doesn't really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business."
He is right. Man u fans are loyal and will still support the club, regardless where the club ends up at the end of the season.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:08 AM   #2037
Arch-Supremacy Member

Should not have signed Sanchez. Man City was smart not to sign him.
his stats are impressive at barca and arsenal. always double digits
he got hunger to win
and playing in the epl for years
so all signs point to a good signing

but he's been rubbish since he's here
Old 28-08-2018, 11:08 AM   #2038
Arch-Supremacy Member

Reminds me of conte case whereby the players dun want play for Jose liaoz
Me no expert Nor I'm the backroom staff not knowing what happen but can still feel the morale is Low, Jose might have did something to affect the players I dunno
Old 28-08-2018, 11:09 AM   #2039
Great Supremacy Member

now... i won't go as far as that.
Even Moyes can win UCL with that RM team.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:09 AM   #2040
Greater Supremacy Member

his stats are impressive at barca and arsenal. always double digits
he got hunger to win
and playing in the epl for years
so all signs point to a good signing

but he's been rubbish since he's here
I still feel JM don't know how to utilize him best..

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.