HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #2056
Arch-Supremacy Member

Someone mentioned this on facebook, about us at least having a brand new kitchen sink sponsor. Maybe that's the jinx that we all need to pin the blame on.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:35 AM   #2057

We're already past the "we need this and that" phase/timeslot. The irony in the midst of all these discussions is that we're literally at the "we have to work with what we have" 4 months. What we're hoping JoseM will do.
But I think that's exactly what JoseM is doing, and he's switching things around to find the right combo. We have a mishmash midfield who don't synergise well, a backline who keeps getting shots (from players, media, fans) from all over (even though I don't think it's a major problem with them), and a frontline (or should I say frontpoint) that isn't as potent as he had hoped.
35 to go in the league. Can I put up with it? Yes, because I still harbour hope. Unlike his mentor whom I (honestly) pretty much gave up hoping for good football.
Your last line proves that youre supporting a lucklustre Man Utd just because of Mourinho. If it was still Moyes or LVG, you would have given up, correct? Thats where I'm at with Mou, I've had enough. but still another 4 months is nothing...

But i give it to you that at least he is switching players to find diff combos. Just hope he finally realises that he needs to switch tactics too at some point..
Old 28-08-2018, 11:38 AM   #2058
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am sure negativity is rife round after a dismal performance, but there is no need to impose ones' method on another.

we are all here for a healthy discussion, or to vent. mostly the latter in recent years. There is no point in having to 'backup' one's pov or stand. there is no justification to an emotional sport.

if this the kinda football that you hate watching, anyone is more then welcome to watch other football. but do not for once, thought that its your right to vent your frustration on other members in this place.
well said.
i dont need to be a footballer to know football
im just a fan giving my personal opinion whether it's unpopular or not

i dont need some elitist mindset of "im superior to you, i know more than you" to come tell me im pro or not

this is the effing reason so many people out there detest certain group of united fans
Old 28-08-2018, 11:40 AM   #2059
Arch-Supremacy Member

I gave up hoping for good football. I didn't give up on United. But I still hoped LvG would start focusing on the attacking side after solidifying the defence and midfield, which I admit he did pretty well. He didn't have the time since it appears now that he was always just an interim.
I would never have given up on DavidM. He was the one whom SAF backed. SAF can back eating cockroaches for health and I'd have given it a try.
Asakura likes this.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:40 AM   #2060
Arch-Supremacy Member

So Ed my friend what are you waiting for? If you are not going to back the manager and give him what he wants, then please just sack him and put him out of misery. The manager has already gave his pre early goodbyes to the supporters at the ground
Old 28-08-2018, 11:41 AM   #2061
Greater Supremacy Member

Can tell me which of our current player he can utilise the best? Why their respective national team managers can and he can't. Why their former club managers can and he can't?

So what is JM good at actually other than knowing how to inherit a good squad, win some trophies in the first season or 2 and completely destroyed a club in the 3rd season? That's his stats. He is consistent in doing that no doubt about it.

Just imagine if we won last season and getting the kinda results we get now with a new manager like DM. Fans will be slaughtering him for saying it's the same team that won last season plus some new players and that the players don't turn bad overnight.

Especially when we are playing against a team who spent a total of 0 dollars in summer.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
Seriously speaking can't think of any player he utilized best..

JM is good at parking bus and counter score goals but we don't have the right players.

Fans "pang chance" cos of his past stellar record.

Patience is wearing thin if results don't improve.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT
Old 28-08-2018, 11:43 AM   #2062
Arch-Supremacy Member

well said.
i dont need to be a footballer to know football
im just a fan giving my personal opinion whether it's unpopular or not

i dont need some elitist mindset of "im superior to you, i know more than you" to come tell me im pro or not

this is the effing reason so many people out there detest certain group of united fans
You arenít better yourself really when you called out yoryor and his so called sidekicks in your own words just to prove your point after every defeat. So quit being holier than thou when you are not eh
Asakura and Greysky like this.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #2063

Can tell me which of our current player he can utilise the best? Why their respective national team managers can and he can't. Why their former club managers can and he can't?

So what is JM good at actually other than knowing how to inherit a good squad, win some trophies in the first season or 2 and completely destroyed a club in the 3rd season? That's his stats. He is consistent in doing that no doubt about it.

Just imagine if we won last season and getting the kinda results we get now with a new manager like DM. Fans will be slaughtering him for saying it's the same team that won last season plus some new players and that the players don't turn bad overnight.

Especially when we are playing against a team who spent a total of 0 dollars in summer.

careful, later a kid will claim you are a troll when you're stating facts bro. not worth it.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #2064
Arch-Supremacy Member

You arenít better yourself really when you called out yoryor and his so called sidekicks in your own words just to prove your point after every defeat. So quit being holier than thou when you are not eh
my point which is what?

he always have a positive spin on things especially after defeats which i am always happy to see

am i wrong?
which part did i flame him

seems like u got personal issue with me eh
Old 28-08-2018, 11:48 AM   #2065
Arch-Supremacy Member

Seriously speaking can't think of any player he utilized best..

JM is good at parking bus and counter score goals but we don't have the right players.

Fans "pang chance" cos of his past stellar record.

Patience is wearing thin if results don't improve.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT
Then fans need to also see his past records of destroying a club in the 3rd season and getting sacked.

Dont just see the good thing, see the bad as well. But make decisions based on what's good about him and stop making mistakes made by previous clubs by letting him have a 3rd season.

We have now taken the same route as his previous clubs. 1 step forward, 3 steps back. Whoever is taking over him now will have a harder time to repair the damage.

He's a 1 season wonder coach. 2 if you're lucky, but never stay for the 3rd. He's tired of the toys given to him to play and just wants new ones.

Old 28-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #2066
Supremacy Member

The manager has already gave his pre early goodbyes to the supporters at the ground
did he? i didnt watch the press conference

pretty sad....first season he came he conquered
Old 28-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #2067

I gave up hoping for good football. I didn't give up on United. But I still hoped LvG would start focusing on the attacking side after solidifying the defence and midfield, which I admit he did pretty well. He didn't have the time since it appears now that he was always just an interim.
I would never have given up on DavidM. He was the one whom SAF backed. SAF can back eating cockroaches for health and I'd have given it a try.
Yalah thats what i meant, give up on manager, not Man Utd lol.

I too was one of those who still had hope in Moyes and LVG. I was quite shocked when LVG got sacked after the FA Cup title. I guess you can call my hatred for Mou a pent-up disappointment. He's done fark all since the Europa League, besides getting second placed.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #2068
Arch-Supremacy Member

Who's to say he's not here for the long haul? If he wasn't interested to make it work, he wouldn't have agreed to a contract extension. Just to line his pockets? He's already rich enough from Roman's payouts.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:54 AM   #2069

thats the problem lah yoryor, he's here for the long haul! A long haul of disappointment, i really hope not!
Old 28-08-2018, 11:55 AM   #2070
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wanted to ask where Rene Meulensteen is now, and so I went to ask Google. So he's now assistant manager with the Australian team. Wonder if he could make a difference if he was here. We didn't do very well when he left us too.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.