HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2018, 08:38 AM   #256
High Supremacy Member

Early morning match on fri.. gonna try wake up and watch..
Old 08-08-2018, 08:38 AM   #257
Great Supremacy Member

If we look at all the first team transfers in the 6 years preceding Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement, we see a transfer strategy with clarity and a purpose. Robin Van Persie and Michael Owen were the only players above the age of 27 that were signed.

Owen on a free and Van Persie as a farewell gift for Ferguson. The rest, except perhaps Berbatov, were all signed based on their potential or on their ability to fit within the vision that the manager had for the club.

Since Ferguson’s retirement, and the inevitable subsequent downturn in on-pitch fortunes, the club has been desperately trying to get back to the top by splashing the cash on established superstars.The result: United have been led on wild-goose chases by the likes of Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos while making some statement signings such as Alexis Sanchez, Paul Pogba, and Romelu Lukaku.

While the need to quickly get back to the top in the short-term is understandable, the club seems to have missed a trick in the medium to long-term by ignoring their old transfer policy of taking a punt on players with potential.The youth system at the club has fallen behind local rivals Manchester City over the years.

When United were conducting a root-and-branch review of their youth system, City had unveiled the Etihad campus and their youth team, alongside Chelsea's, is thriving in the FA Youth Cup.The likes of Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford may still be keeping the United academy flag flying in the first team, but the emergence of talents such as Phil Foden and Brahmin Diaz is a subtle evidence of a changing of the guard.

Taking their eye off the ball with respect to the youth policy may turn out to be the most costly error of all for United.

sportskeeda

Last edited by Asakura; 08-08-2018 at 08:44 AM..
Old 08-08-2018, 08:54 AM   #258
High Supremacy Member

THE FIVE CHANGES AT A GLANCE

Saturday 6 October: Manchester United v Newcastle United at 17:30 BST
Saturday 20 October: Chelsea v Manchester United at 12:30 BST
Saturday 27 October: Manchester United v Everton at 12:30 GMT
Saturday 3 November: Bournemouth v Manchester United at 12:30 GMT
Sunday 11 November: Manchester City v Manchester United at 16:30 GMT
Old 08-08-2018, 08:57 AM   #259
Supremacy Member

Can we beat Leicester this weekend?
Old 08-08-2018, 09:06 AM   #260
High Supremacy Member

If we look at all the first team transfers in the 6 years preceding Sir Alex Fergusonís retirement, we see a transfer strategy with clarity and a purpose. Robin Van Persie and Michael Owen were the only players above the age of 27 that were signed.

Owen on a free and Van Persie as a farewell gift for Ferguson. The rest, except perhaps Berbatov, were all signed based on their potential or on their ability to fit within the vision that the manager had for the club.

Since Fergusonís retirement, and the inevitable subsequent downturn in on-pitch fortunes, the club has been desperately trying to get back to the top by splashing the cash on established superstars.The result: United have been led on wild-goose chases by the likes of Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos while making some statement signings such as Alexis Sanchez, Paul Pogba, and Romelu Lukaku.

While the need to quickly get back to the top in the short-term is understandable, the club seems to have missed a trick in the medium to long-term by ignoring their old transfer policy of taking a punt on players with potential.The youth system at the club has fallen behind local rivals Manchester City over the years.

When United were conducting a root-and-branch review of their youth system, City had unveiled the Etihad campus and their youth team, alongside Chelsea's, is thriving in the FA Youth Cup.The likes of Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford may still be keeping the United academy flag flying in the first team, but the emergence of talents such as Phil Foden and Brahmin Diaz is a subtle evidence of a changing of the guard.

Taking their eye off the ball with respect to the youth policy may turn out to be the most costly error of all for United.

sportskeeda

The need to "buy success" became a reality in Jan 2014 when the team was heading to nowhere with Moyes in charge although they still make it to the CL Quarter Final losing to Bayern Munich ...again.

I had said after Fergie's retirement.. the club can still absorb couple of years without Champion League's revenue...but for domestic competition, they should be challenging for the title till the month or week before the end of the season....a FA Cup or League Cup will only serve as a consolation price since most of the teams in England are treating them as worthless competition. The big sponsorship with Adidas requires the club to do well in the CL competition which I believe at least a Quarter Final place....

Sir Bobby Charlton had some issues with Jose's appointment cos of his behavior and whining.... let's see how things will develope.
ragnarok95 likes this.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:09 AM   #261

Stopped reading after ‘rag.’

Give me Infraction points so we know you are a whiny bitch
I read cos got Arist now. And sorry to disappoint you, i do not infract just because you demand for it. Too bad.

But i see your history... i also...

Hello, Are you Captain Obvious?
Old 08-08-2018, 09:10 AM   #262

Can we beat Leicester this weekend?
Of cos. Obviously.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #263

The need to "buy success" became a reality in Jan 2014 when the team was heading to nowhere with Moyes in charge although they still make it to the CL Quarter Final losing to Bayern Munich ...again.

I had said after Fergie's retirement.. the club can still absorb couple of years without Champion League's revenue...but for domestic competition, they should be challenging for the title till the month or week before the end of the season....a FA Cup or League Cup will only serve as a consolation price since most of the teams in England are treating them as worthless competition. The big sponsorship with Adidas requires the club to do well in the CL competition which I believe at least a Quarter Final place....

Sir Bobby Charlton had some issues with Jose's appointment cos of his behavior and whining.... let's see how things will develope.
The longer it drag, the more we need to buy success liao. I totally agreed with you.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #264

Stopped reading after ‘rag.’

Give me Infraction points so we know you are a whiny bitch
some fuker also say to agree to disagree and stop being sarcastic, but now the wan-ker doing it to other people play power. dont bother lah, he keyboard warrior, outside nobody one. most of us online life start at 9 end at 6 come back Monday, he the continue until night, says something

Last edited by apeape; 08-08-2018 at 09:37 AM..
Old 08-08-2018, 09:22 AM   #265
Arch-Supremacy Member

We were fine at the start of last season, winning 3-0 and 4-0. Then come the first international break and then somehow forgot how to play.
urban_closet likes this.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:29 AM   #266

We can also go for Dembele if he is available. If Pogba wants to leave for Barca, do a player exchange. Ask Barca to throw in Mina lol 😆
Old 08-08-2018, 09:35 AM   #267

I think the offer was for Mina and Andre Gomes. I'd take both of them to be honest, but not with the £45m... maybe probably £90m plus the 2 players should be ok lah aha. Dembele cannot lah. he too small for the PL i think
Old 08-08-2018, 09:37 AM   #268

We were fine at the start of last season, winning 3-0 and 4-0. Then come the first international break and then somehow forgot how to play.
more like forgot how to manage.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:46 AM   #269
Arch-Supremacy Member

Barca giving their own useless players in exchange for Pogba.

Those 2 hardly played for them
Old 08-08-2018, 10:05 AM   #270
Master Member

I think the offer was for Mina and Andre Gomes. I'd take both of them to be honest, but not with the £45m... maybe probably £90m plus the 2 players should be ok lah aha. Dembele cannot lah. he too small for the PL i think
Dembele cannot luh. Has the making of the next Depay.

Actually can we go for the Serbia midfielder? The guy from lazio
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.