Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2018, 04:54 PM   #4636
Supremacy Member

Enjoy
I remember I was in SISPEC when this match was played. My brother was giving me live updates through SMS throughout the night. Our defence let us down in that match, but the atmosphere at OT, as can be heard from the clip, was fantastic.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #4637
Arch-Supremacy Member

My guess is that he needs someone who can help build from the back. How many times did we see Smalling and Bailly keep passing to each other? Enough to make my blood boil. So if we need to take out one of them then Bailly is the better choice. McT on the other hand at least look up for options and spread himself, unfortunately he overdid it a couple of occasions and almost lost the ball. So he was hooked as well.
Actually we had one such player in Blind. He was the ball playing defender when partnered with Smalling. Except he was never given a chance under JM. I can still remember his passes and assists all the way from the back.

I think he would have been a good player with Matic in front and Shaw to his left. Anyway he's gone...

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
Old 07-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #4638

Seems like JM kanchiong-ed last night and we pulled back a win. But what about his job now?

TWICE 트와이스 | Official thread
IZ*ONE 아이즈원 | Official thread

TVB Dramas | List of Dramas | PL 2020/21 Fixtures
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 07-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #4639
Supremacy Member

Actually we had one such player in Blind. He was the ball playing defender when partnered with Smalling. Except he was never given a chance under JM. I can still remember his passes and assists all the way from the back.

I think he would have been a good player with Matic in front and Shaw to his left. Anyway he's gone...

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
I think it was because of the fact that Jose thinks he is too small or not strong enough to be a CB? I think he rather play Matic or Fellaini back there than Blind. Can see why he wanted to go after the likes of Alderweireld, Boateng or Maguire this summer.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:06 PM   #4640
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think it was because of the fact that Jose thinks he is too small or not strong enough to be a CB? I think he rather play Matic or Fellaini back there than Blind. Can see why he wanted to go after the likes of Alderweireld, Boateng or Maguire this summer.
Jose all along favour physical traits alot one.. can see from the players he has bought across all the teams he has managed.

For now I don't care about his job or what. I just want the team to play well. Win or not is a different story. I like the fighting spirit exhibited in the second half.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:15 PM   #4641
Great Supremacy Member

would be ridiculous if the decision to keep or sack a mgr is all based on 1 game.
lose, sack. win and "whats next" approach.
Seems like JM kanchiong-ed last night and we pulled back a win. But what about his job now?
Old 07-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #4642
Great Supremacy Member

Old 07-10-2018, 06:33 PM   #4643
High Supremacy Member

Andreas Perrirea a better option than McTominay?
Definitely not.

AP has no composure on that ball. I forgot which away game it was, but all he did was to keep kicking the ball into an opposing player
Old 07-10-2018, 06:38 PM   #4644
High Supremacy Member

Fully agree.

Should have kept Blind and sold Darmian.

McTominay should come good, which is why they kept him. But too much is being expected of him right now when players such as Pogba or LKK or doing next to nothing most of 90mins.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #4645
Supremacy Member

Isn't that what we lacking? Losing the ball in midfield? Getting overrun even with 2 CDM?

Anyway still waiting to see him back in action to see if he's an upgrade over Herrera who was our POTY in Jose's 1st season.

McTominay is more of an understudy for Matic.

Can't wait for the match against Chelsea. Ex manager against former players who had player power who are playing well under a new manager.

It's an away match, so we got advantage.
i think Hazard might tear us a new one, he has alot to show Jose
Old 07-10-2018, 06:53 PM   #4646
High Supremacy Member

i think Hazard might tear us a new one, he has alot to show Jose
Unless Ander Herrera is fit to play
Old 07-10-2018, 06:58 PM   #4647
Great Supremacy Member

Gr3yham3 likes this.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #4648
High Supremacy Member

I didn’t enjoy the game because the defending was just so sad

Now you can all see why JM wanted to buy defenders.

I don’t even know if this problem can be fixed soon without a transfer window that Ed has no plans to back JM in anyway
Old 07-10-2018, 07:38 PM   #4649
Supremacy Member

Young need to be dropped at fault for both Newcastle goal lucky not to get penalised for sticking his arm out inside our own penalty box the ref and linesman didn’t saw it we were very fortunate
Old 07-10-2018, 08:15 PM   #4650

NEXT MANCHESTER UNITED FIXTURE

20 October 2018, Saturday

Premier League 2018/19
7.30pm - Chelsea vs Manchester United [CHEMUN]
mio Stadium 102 (Singtel TV Channel 102, StarHub TV Channel 227)

TWICE 트와이스 | Official thread
IZ*ONE 아이즈원 | Official thread

TVB Dramas | List of Dramas | PL 2020/21 Fixtures
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.