Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawn_king

Reaction score
maybe all it takes is a formation change to unleash MU. like how conte changed 2016 chelsea to a 3-4-3.

think 3-5-2 will work for us given our overload of CBs and CMs, shortage of wingers and accommodating AS7 as a striker alongside LKK.

apeape

Reaction score
said that in the old thread, but come to think of it 3-5-2 will succumb to teams who make use of wingers eg Liverpool.

apeape

Reaction score
28% possession and only one shot. Wow wow wow.

This looks like it will be a long and painful season.

proof that defensive football does not work. Dont want say who employed this kind of play, later kena arrow say i not logic....

Second place is good enough, if the margin was close. but 19 points? c'mon lah.. Also we scored lesser than 3rd place team Spurs. Does that not bother you?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so why do u think we are not doing that? like Perisic for example, the manger wants the player badly, we even get reports like we fall short of 5mil:s13:

Ed now busy looking for the money/sponsors for that 'i dont care 100mil for a player' purchase.
I don't care if they splash $100m on a pinoise player.. whatever it takes..

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe all it takes is a formation change to unleash MU. like how conte changed 2016 chelsea to a 3-4-3.

think 3-5-2 will work for us given our overload of CBs and CMs, shortage of wingers and accommodating AS7 as a striker alongside LKK.
So why didn't he try and use this tactic during the friendlies instead to see if it works?

A leopard will never change his spots. JM is a stubborn leopard still insisting that his old ways still work in this era.

If we are gonna play games defensively with 0 shots on target, then own goal is our best choice of becoming top scorer for us this season. I think that's the record he's aiming for with his indulgence in buying CBs and doing nothing in terms of tactics to improve our attacks. If you're telling me yesterday's lineup is not good enough to register a shot on goal, you must be kidding yourself.

If he's afraid to attack during friendlies which has 0 consequences, what do you think he'll do when points are at stack and he feels our squad is forever not good enough to his liking. Just park the bus like he always do and play to AVOID defeat and not play to win.

SAF can start a match with 7 defenders but he will still put the players out with the mentality to win. That's the difference with having a positive minded manager instead of a negative one. Opposing teams do not fear a team that is good in defending. You ever heard of teams saying they are afraid of meeting Barce or Real cos they are good in defense?

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
or maybe cause he has no intention of using 352, so not trying it at all?

pawn_king

Reaction score
i didn't watch the games, but according to ESPN we used 3-5-2 against in the recent friendlies against RM, pool and milan.

perhaps it was more of a need than his intention due to player shortage.

pre-season gloom is good, makes us the dark horse.
the last time we soared in preseason under LVG, we crashed and burned during the season.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Whatever the formation, it's the players and their attitude/effort on the field that makes the difference. Pitching our team against City, Fools, Spurs and Chelsea even, how many can get into first 11?

We can try to buy youngsters and hope he becomes the next Ronaldo, Arsenal has been doing that for 22 years.

We can also buy players at 25-27 years with world record of money, and starve the chances for our next batch of youngsters.

Or we can buy 29 years or older, improve the team immediately, and pass the knowledge to our youngsters so that when they become 26, they are good enough to be in any teams' first 11.

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still acceptable la
It's Bayern closing to their full strength plus its only a friendly
Fred shd play at cam likes he did against Real, unlike this morning he started along the three men midfield ;)

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still acceptable la
It's Bayern closing to their full strength plus its only a friendly
Fred shd play at cam likes he did against Real, unlike this morning he started along the three men midfield ;)

losing 1-0 is acceptable to a team like BM

but having 28% and 1 shot is not

this kind of stats are like premier league team vs lower div sides like scunthorpe, doncaster etc

apeape

Reaction score
We can try to buy youngsters and hope he becomes the next Ronaldo, Arsenal has been doing that for 22 years.

We can also buy players at 25-27 years with world record of money, and starve the chances for our next batch of youngsters.

Or we can buy 29 years or older, improve the team immediately, and pass the knowledge to our youngsters so that when they become 26, they are good enough to be in any teams' first 11.

Whatever the formation, it's the players and their attitude/effort on the field that makes the difference.

Oh my God. I believe Man Utd has exhausted all those options you have stated. At this point realistically, it's not the players at fault

On your point though, it is also the manager's attitude/effort on AND off the field that will affect the team, as a whole.

Last edited:

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whether it's the manager or the players, it doesn't matter. It's just a friendly. I only caught like 65mins of the game, but I saw some good stuff from us in terms of play. Looking forward to the season starting, have been feeling quite empty for too long!

pawn_king

Reaction score
new signing or not, the target in the new season should be to better 2017-18.

If we can hit 90 points, it will be a good season, regardless where we end up on the table. Should be very do-able considering we lost more than 10points to brighton, WBA, etc.

matic 2nd season + fresh settled sanchez easily worth 10-15 points

it won't be a bad season if we ignore citeh

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let's see 1st game of the season before hammering them again..

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i didn't watch the games, but according to ESPN we used 3-5-2 against in the recent friendlies against RM, pool and milan.

perhaps it was more of a need than his intention due to player shortage.

pre-season gloom is good, makes us the dark horse.
the last time we soared in preseason under LVG, we crashed and burned during the season.

yes it was 3-5-2 for most of the friendly games. Mata with Alexis. those advocating for 352 most probably don't watch our games nowadays. =:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.