HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2018, 07:45 PM   #6406

Like I said, I have no doubt we should be playing better and beating smaller teams, but we are not as good and no way near top 6 team in EPL. Anyone thinking otherwise are just living in past glory.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #6407
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think we should be in top 6. JoseM needs to find the right formula. But challenging for the title requires every player to be at the top of their game every single week, and that is just not possible.
Sorry to KieranM and MichaelC, but I'll stick my neck out and say the 2 assistant managers he chose to promote from within, aren't experienced enough. Either the ideas they are trying to impart isn't good enough, or the players aren't understanding/doing it well, or they don't fit well with what JoseM's overall strategy is. The coaching team isn't a one-man show. I hope they sort it out soon.
Players also need to put in some effort to make the tactics/instructions work. If it doesn't in one game, then they should look what what went wrong and sort out their own mistakes/approach before going one step further and thinking and remembering what their team mates are likely to do in any given situation.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:26 PM   #6408
High Supremacy Member

What can I say? Lose till numb liao. Heng nv sacrifice my sleep over watching this. ✌️

Oh well, only positive is at least we dun do Liverpool a favour by taking points off City
Old 12-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #6409
High Supremacy Member

What can I say? Lose till numb liao. Heng nv sacrifice my sleep over watching this. ✌️

Oh well, only positive is at least we dun do Liverpool a favour by taking points off City
TBH i rather city win than the fools

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT
Old 12-11-2018, 08:46 PM   #6410
Great Supremacy Member

when van Gaal played the youngsters. this was not what fans said.

it was along the lines of selling too many players end up no choice he had to play them etc....

if lvg never play rashford, he will still be playing in the reserves. maybe never get called up for england. also rashford and martial are slightly older than dalot.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:28 PM   #6411
Arch-Supremacy Member

The result was expected, the line up was expected, the park the bus tactics was expected..nothing new from JM.

It's an away fixture against the table toppers. We're missing 1 regular player (Pogba) thus we fall back to old tactics. Tried and tested park the bus (not necessarily will work)

3 DM in the middle, 3 fast players in front. Not working, just sub in another tall tree in front and pump the ball forward. At least we got 1 shot a on target (from the pk and 1 goal) It's expected from a mid table team with a mid table manager mentality.

If we're gonna accept JM as our mgr still, just suck thumb, accept the results that come with it and move on. No point arguing with one another. It's not like we can vote the manager/board out every 5 years.

**Vote with your pocket, stop spending on Utd merchandise or tickets** Just watch their matches for free.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #6412
Great Supremacy Member

**Vote with your pocket, stop spending on Utd merchandise or tickets** Just watch their matches for free.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:45 PM   #6413
Master Member

The result was expected, the line up was expected, the park the bus tactics was expected..nothing new from JM.

It's an away fixture against the table toppers. We're missing 1 regular player (Pogba) thus we fall back to old tactics. Tried and tested park the bus (not necessarily will work)

3 DM in the middle, 3 fast players in front. Not working, just sub in another tall tree in front and pump the ball forward. At least we got 1 shot a on target (from the pk and 1 goal) It's expected from a mid table team with a mid table manager mentality.

If we're gonna accept JM as our mgr still, just suck thumb, accept the results that come with it and move on. No point arguing with one another. It's not like we can vote the manager/board out every 5 years.

I'm still waiting to see when. It seems like the board, whoever was there, have been very patient and can tolerate dull and boring matches with stats like 30% poss, 5 shots on goal.

For now i won't put the blame on the players or manager. The people behind this club will get my vote.

Last edited by TakKiu; 12-11-2018 at 09:47 PM..
Old 12-11-2018, 09:58 PM   #6414
Arch-Supremacy Member

I personally think if not for Gary Neville’s rant on TV, Jose was on the brink of being sack after the Newcastle game. Coupled with that come from behind victory, the board decided to keep him. My gut feeling is that if no top four which is looking more likely, he will be gone after the end of this season. Martial and Pogba will sign new contracts and the club will get a new manager in. Unless something absolutely crazy happens like us winning the CL
Old 12-11-2018, 10:44 PM   #6415

I personally think if not for Gary Neville’s rant on TV, Jose was on the brink of being sack after the Newcastle game. Coupled with that come from behind victory, the board decided to keep him. My gut feeling is that if no top four which is looking more likely, he will be gone after the end of this season. Martial and Pogba will sign new contracts and the club will get a new manager in. Unless something absolutely crazy happens like us winning the CL
Like no one tot Liverpool will win their recent CL.

I wish this crazy thing does happen, though it's going be an extremely long shot.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:03 PM   #6416
Arch-Supremacy Member

if utd sack him, don't have good manager to take over unless you want wenger or big sam.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:18 PM   #6417
Arch-Supremacy Member

if utd sack him, don't have good manager to take over unless you want wenger or big sam.
Partly why the board decided to keep Jose first. If sack him now can get who? Maybe end of season will have more atas candidates and Ed can sell his Disneyland dream again

For now i’ll back the manager while he is still in United’s colours. We simply have to until he’s not here anymore
Old 12-11-2018, 11:19 PM   #6418
Arch-Supremacy Member

Like no one tot Liverpool will win their recent CL.

I wish this crazy thing does happen, though it's going be an extremely long shot.
I dunno which one you are referring to, but 2005 isn’t really recent
Old 13-11-2018, 12:02 AM   #6419

I think you think too much. The board doesn't care what happens on the pitch.
Old 13-11-2018, 12:09 AM   #6420
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes we should beat lower teams, but maybe some need to wake up from your bubble and reexamine who are the lower teams.

We drew with Wolves and Chelsea, who spent more than us. We lost to West Ham, who spent more than us. We lost to Brighton, who spent as much as us. Why is it so surprising?

Every Premier League team ranked by NET SPEND in summer transfer window

1. Liverpool – £155.4m (spent £167.9m, received £12.5m)
2. Chelsea – £87.3m (spent £128.6m, received £41.3m)
3. West Ham – £82.3m (spent £94.9m, received £12.5m)
4. Fulham – £68m (spent £72m, received £4.1m)
5. Arsenal – £64.8m (spent £68.3m, received £3.5m)
6. Wolves – £64.1m (spent £69.8m, received £5.7m)
7. Manchester United – £51.6m (spent £70.9m, received £19.3m)
8. Brighton – £49.6m (spent £57.1m, received £7.5m)
9. Southampton – £44.5m (spent £54.5m, received £10m)
10. Everton – £33.4m (spent £53.6m, received £20.3m)
11. Huddersfield – £32.1m (spent £42.9m, received £10.8m)
12. Burnley – £29.5m (spent £29.5m, received £0m)
13. Bournemouth – £29.4m (spent £47.7m, received £18.3m)
14. Cardiff – £28.5m (spent £28.5m, received £0m)
15. Manchester City – £25.2m (spent £62.5m, received £37.4m)
shocking you can sprout this kind of bs

how much did JM spend to get the players over the past couple of years and still cannot beat brighton? why are you making up excuses after 400m spent under JM and still cannot beat them?

why dont u say westham should be thrashing city since they spent more than them this season .wtf

please ask urself honestly with the kind of players we have we should be midtable?
players that JM bought - LKK, Alexis, Pogba, Matic, Fred, Bailly are midtable average players is it

that's what you basically trying to convince the people here that after spending so much money by JM himself, we should be in midtable

and ironically the best performing players this season so far are infact not bought by him - Martial and Shaw

it's not due to finances like you imagine,
i see it more to the out of date tactics by JM.
The club is traditionally plays attacking football all the while
when you introduce hoofy plan B tactics coupled with defensive mindset in every game
it's going to have a negative impact sooner or later.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.