HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2018, 04:15 PM   #6496

i mean where else can it be? you guys cant believe in the players and the board. Take money from Woody buy Perisic suddenly LKK can become RvP? buy Alderweirald/mcguire so Smalling/lindelof/bailly can become vidic or ferdinand? you sure?

For me its never the players (except for a few lah haha) because they are the workers who just follow orders.

its never the board because they dont know anything about football, they just provide the money. Yes I understand Woody has not been trusting JM with cash to spend, because why would he? tell me would he? you all for sure know why.

Dont want to state the obvious why Im Anti-JM, but look at where we are now. We are starting to look like other rival clubs in their darker days. Heck we are bickering like those on Arsenal TV haha. lets not even start about tactics or first 11, because everyone is wrong including me. we know nothing. but one thing is for sure is the current tactics make Man Utd look bad, and proof is in the pudding if you look at the Table.
This, my friend, is where the problem is. As much as some may hate LvG, he is absolutely correct here.

Van Gaal: "Man Utd who I last coached is a commercial club. Totally different to Bayern. The bosses, like Karl Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness are former players who know what they are talking about. Football is the most important thing, not money like it is at United."
Old 13-11-2018, 04:26 PM   #6497

I am not JM supporter, I support whoever is the manager. Tomorrow if JM is gone, I won't be supporting JM anymore.

But what you guys refuse to accept is you refuse to see beyond JM. You think removing JM means we will be smooth sailing and on an upward trend. However, there are so many evidence that Ed and Board are undermining Utd managers, they have no clue how to run the club.

And I said before, JM will always play like JM, he won't be playing attacking football. One who doesn't like spicy food will not suddenly enjoy eating chilli. If Ed thinks that is a problem, why not sack JM? Why extend JM's contract? And if he extends JM's contract, why refuse to back him in the transfers? If Ed doesn't believe in JM's transfer target, then he should sack JM, not extend him his contract. All these only shows Ed has no clue what he wants or has no interest in what happens on the field.

So if Ed has no clue how to run the club, what hope other managers will have in getting us successful? This is my main concern, not pro or anti JM.
Old 13-11-2018, 04:33 PM   #6498
Arch-Supremacy Member

This, my friend, is where the problem is. As much as some may hate LvG, he is absolutely correct here.

Van Gaal: "Man Utd who I last coached is a commercial club. Totally different to Bayern. The bosses, like Karl Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness are former players who know what they are talking about. Football is the most important thing, not money like it is at United."
Will he say the same thing about City, Chelsea if their bosses are not former players/football people?

Are we like the only club in the UCL that has no football people in the board?
Old 13-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #6499

Will he say the same thing about City, Chelsea if their bosses are not former players/football people?

We are not, but we are the only club that cares most about money. You look at Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, BM, RM, Barca, PSG, Juve, which team put money in front of football interest?

When you put money in front, like Arsenal when they moved stadium and like Tottenham now when they have no more money, that's where the team suffer. I am not saying we should go all crazy and become the next Leeds, but our financial strength is definitely sufficient to support the managers (not just JM but the previous one and the future one too), but I don't see it happening. It will always be "You ask five I give 2 or 3, take it and go".
Old 13-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #6500
Arch-Supremacy Member

Problem is no other CEO/Chairman would say "what happens on the footballing pitch does not affect the club's commercial success".
Asakura and vitaminc1231 like this.
Old 13-11-2018, 04:38 PM   #6501
Great Supremacy Member

you don't buy 1 player and think he will make others click...
our squad is far from "1 more addition and we're ready to challenge"
Old 13-11-2018, 04:41 PM   #6502

Man Utd has always been a business first club, ever since Glazers took over and yes SAF was still around during that period. We were just lucky to have SAF and his charisma to back up the footballing side. Does the board want to change the way they manage the club? will someone who like chili all of a sudden dont like chili?

Yes I get it about the contract, the not backing up... but people reach boiling point. your boss still like you after mistakes and mistakes? and you havent rectify those mistakes still want to expect some form of leverage? what you do in those circumstances? you give and take, boss dont want give pay rise, nvm work harder and rectify problems on your own to prove your worth. Same, Board dont want give money to spend, work with what you have, one tactic does not solve/fit all. But does JM want to change?

Im not discounting the fact the yes man utd still needs to spend to fix some problems, but be realistic. Would you want to give your kid money to buy a toy which he'll play for 4 days then chuck it somewhere else and moan for new toys?

As mentioned, proof is in the standings. it will never be Woody's head on the table, ever.

Last edited by apeape; 13-11-2018 at 04:44 PM..
Old 13-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #6503
Great Supremacy Member

City and Chelsea continues to buy a lot of players in each position of the squad every year

look at what Fergie left us with, and den discount those already left and retired, den ask this question, have we adequately replace them? i haven't even start on strengthening further to match our rivals...becos City n Chelsea continued to buy regardless of whether they won any titles.

Old 13-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #6504

you don't buy 1 player and think he will make others click...
our squad is far from "1 more addition and we're ready to challenge"
yes agreed, but it seems some people here is advocating that.
Old 13-11-2018, 04:44 PM   #6505
Great Supremacy Member

so that's wrong but wanting Mourinho to change his style of football is right
Does the board want to change the way they manage the club? will someone who like chili all of a sudden dont like chili?
Old 13-11-2018, 04:45 PM   #6506

To the anti-JM gang, I am happy if JM is sacked immediately, or at the end of the season, and we get whoever you deem fit to lead us. I am happy to see him succeed, but I know he will suffer like Moyes, LvG and JM. And I know when that happens, we will be here debating are we pro-new manager or anti-new manager all over again.

I am happy to be proved wrong, but on the other hand, I know we will not be competing much as long as Glazers are in charge. We are the rerun of Tampa Bay failure. They have gone 15 years without title, we will be singing 20 times 20 times for a very very very long time.
Old 13-11-2018, 04:49 PM   #6507

Yes I get it about the contract, the not backing up... but people reach boiling point. your boss still like you after mistakes and mistakes? and you havent rectify those mistakes still want to expect some form of leverage? what you do in those circumstances? you give and take, boss dont want give pay rise, nvm work harder and rectify problems on your own to prove your worth. Same, Board dont want give money to spend, work with what you have, one tactic does not solve/fit all. But does JM want to change?
Sack JM then, I am not against it. All I am preaching is support our manager, not just from us but from Ed too! If Ed doesn't want to support JM, then sack him!

But no, some here say (not you but someone else), JM cannot buy new players, JM must attack more, and he doesn't want to sack JM too. Simisai logic? Prata king.
Old 13-11-2018, 04:51 PM   #6508
Great Supremacy Member

no. wad im saying is we need more than just 1. that's how bad our squad is right now. hence we are performing like bottom table teams grinding results to stay above 10th.

"United in all parts of the pitch are behind the other teams that are going for the title so to think about comparing them is unfair because they are no where near."
yes agreed, but it seems some people here is advocating that.
Old 13-11-2018, 04:52 PM   #6509

so that's wrong but wanting Mourinho to change his style of football is right
Glazers and Woodward has been with United for more than a decade, 6 years of those SAF was still around. All glory glory.

5 years later and Utd facing darker days people want to blame the board who knows nothing about football? if like that, were they wrong in employing JM in the first place because they know nothing?
Old 13-11-2018, 04:59 PM   #6510

Glazers and Woodward has been with United for more than a decade, 6 years of those SAF was still around. All glory glory.

5 years later and Utd facing darker days people want to blame the board who knows nothing about football? if like that, were they wrong in employing JM in the first place because they know nothing?
Yes of course. What is our identity? Attacking football. Is Moyes an attacking football manager? Is LvG one? Is JM one? You can answer yourself.

Moreover, all the three has a very different style of playing. If you look at City and their managers, they all play a similar style. Sven, Mancini, Pep, Pellegrini, they all are similar.

Ours? Moyes style is what? LvG is pass pass pass. JM is park bus. Our players jumping from one style to another completely different style.

We were successful when Glazers first bought us is only down to SAF and not anyone else. We had a better CEO at that time too. However, there is no second SAF in this world.
Asakura likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.