HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2018, 03:04 PM   #6571

friend, I was sarcastic about the Lingard comment.

Also you nvr know, I remember we won the EPL when Utd was 8th in Dec....... but that felt like agessssssssssss agoooooooo.
Old 14-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #6572
Arch-Supremacy Member

haha i know
but there are many doubters
although he wont get into any top sides, he's still a useful squad player
Old 14-11-2018, 03:19 PM   #6573

in case you are not sure, quite a few of our players are league title winning players from various clubs
he have experienced players who won titles before and a bunch of talent young players to work with so there's no reason why he cannot get into top 4
Because you are only inward-looking; you focus only on what we have. But you are not taking into consideration what other clubs have done to their team. Putting the players of all teams on the table, based on paper value, you cannot say our squad is better than Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool or Tottenham.

So if everyone is to perform to full potential, we can at best get into 5th/6th. And when we don't do best, it will be 7th-10th. Which is where we belong. Isn't it?
Old 14-11-2018, 03:26 PM   #6574
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lewandowski so old already... waliew....

Why buy a striker when we really need defenders?

You all really want Young and Valencia to extend until 2050??
30 consider old? he is better than any of our strikers and one of the best target men.

we need a striker who can score as well as a defender to replace smalling.
Old 14-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #6575
Greater Supremacy Member

30 consider old? he is better than any of our strikers and one of the best target men.

Ibra become grandfather ? Larsson become dinosaur?

Lol.

We can squeeze at least 2 to 4 seasons out from lewan

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT
WhiteHunter likes this.
Old 14-11-2018, 03:44 PM   #6576

Mai la, want to sign 29yo already created havoc in the forum, you now bring in 30yo one, cannot imagine the havoc it will cause.
Old 14-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #6577
Arch-Supremacy Member

Because you are only inward-looking; you focus only on what we have. But you are not taking into consideration what other clubs have done to their team. Putting the players of all teams on the table, based on paper value, you cannot say our squad is better than Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool or Tottenham.

So if everyone is to perform to full potential, we can at best get into 5th/6th. And when we don't do best, it will be 7th-10th. Which is where we belong. Isn't it?
i focus on what we got cos because transfer period is over.
obviously i hope we get more players in but we didnt
what can we do? keep whining no new players or try to work with what we have

no club can radically change the entire squad over night right

look at chelsea. they got a new manager and they didnt buy many also.
but the main spine of the team are still the old players
and how is it that JM almost relegated the team and conte comes in and win the title with the same group of players?

same as arsenal, struggling for years with more or less the same squad.
everyone is laughing at them for years
new manager comes in with new ideas, and buy a couple of players only

spurs i dont think they even spent a single cent this transfer period? can you explain why we can beat them last season and even finish above them and then this season we got thrashed 0-3 by them this season by the exact same spurs players when they didnt spent money?
they got better players than ours? i really dont think so. they are just consistent in beating those below them all the while to be in the top 4 but they usually lose to the bigger teams

i dont want to sound like a broken record but it's really how to set up the team before every game and get our players to play to their real abilities
players like alexis, pogba, fred, matic, mata and others are champions in their own right vs those in pool,arsenal and spurs who won nothing at all. how do you even determine they are better than ours.
your impression of them as average players are way off the mark
a Real madrid or Bayern team struggling in 5th/6th in the league this season does not mean they have lousy average players suddenly.

i think the realistic expectation is incremental purchases.
bring in new players to improve the squad like what liverpool did. they have been bringing in players in key positions over the past transfer periods and actually sticking with them.

how about our recent purchases? got any of them improve the team?
all came with big money and big reputations
and why would you just bought a player for 50m pounds and then not use him when your other key midfielder is out injured
i dont want to put hate on matic but even JM's most trusted player is not doing a proper job for him this season
Old 14-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #6578
High Supremacy Member

I dare say we have some decent depth in defence. But when the striker doesn't/can't score, there's no way we can win matches.
Yes but we still have Alexis.

What depth do we have in defence? Who’s gonna play in RB if Young is injured?
Old 14-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #6579

JM doesn't decide how much to pay for LKK, Balot or Fred and doesn't decide how much is Alexis' salary. To put the blame of him signing expensive players is just ridiculous.

Can he make the current team play better? I have said many times he can and he should. I have never said JM has no fault. I am just being realistic but somehow you decide to term me as JM diehard supporter.

I don't know how many times I repeated this - JM is at fault, but he won't be attacking suddenly like Pep or Klopp no matter how we cry. He is going to park bus. I am sorry he will not change for anyone, including you. If you want a change of style, changing him is the only option.
guile and Asakura like this.
Old 14-11-2018, 04:52 PM   #6580
High Supremacy Member

and how is it that JM almost relegated the team and conte comes in and win the title with the same group of players?

spurs i dont think they even spent a single cent this transfer period? can you explain why we can beat them last season and even finish above them and then this season we got thrashed 0-3 by them this season by the exact same spurs players when they didnt spent money?
they got better players than ours? i really dont think so. they are just consistent in beating those below them all the while to be in the top 4 but they usually lose to the bigger teams

i dont want to sound like a broken record but it's really how to set up the team before every game and get our players to play to their real abilities
players like alexis, pogba, fred, matic, mata and others are champions in their own right vs those in pool,arsenal and spurs who won nothing at all. how do you even determine they are better than ours.
a Real madrid or Bayern team struggling in 5th/6th in the league this season does not mean they have lousy average players suddenly.

bring in new players to improve the squad like what liverpool did. they have been bringing in players in key positions over the past transfer periods and actually sticking with them.

and why would you just bought a player for 50m pounds and then not use him when your other key midfielder is out injured
i dont want to put hate on matic but even JM's most trusted player is not doing a proper job for him this season
Super wot

Sent from Carrie's heart using GAGT
Old 14-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #6581

wow nice... proof is there to be seen, but people still will blame Woody for everything. Blame Woody that we are not in second in the EPL. Blame woody we lost to sevilla.
Old 14-11-2018, 05:03 PM   #6582
Arch-Supremacy Member

More like most of us agree that the many parts of the club needs some correction/improvement, whether it's the players, manager, or the CEO. But some just wanna pin everything on JoseM?
Asakura and vitaminc1231 like this.
Old 14-11-2018, 05:06 PM   #6583
Great Supremacy Member

no la the board thinks that from what we achieved last year
this year only need;
1. Fred to "replace" Carrick who wasn't playing much
2. Dalot who is here to deputy/learn
3. Grant to be 3rd choice spare

just these 3 we are good enough to fight with teams like City Chelsea who have massively strengthen in all departments over the years.
its not about how much X dollars we spent vs the rest, is whether after spending, did we strengthen just like they did.
players like Aguero Hazard, hard to replace just because they old.
but Young Valencia Smalling and even makeshift winger like Mata Lingard hard to get replacement?
We do not have a gd RB.
We do not have a gd CD.

But the board think otherwise cause as long as have a RB and CD, we are good to go.

Last edited by Asakura; 14-11-2018 at 05:10 PM..
Old 14-11-2018, 05:10 PM   #6584
Greater Supremacy Member

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 14-11-2018, 05:15 PM   #6585

More like most of us agree that the many parts of the club needs some correction/improvement, whether it's the players, manager, or the CEO. But some just wanna pin everything on JoseM?
More like we want to talk about the football side. the business side you all can decide, cus i dont want to bicker on someone who knows nothing about football.

is as if you all are blaming woody for LKK missed open goal against spurs when you talk about "the whole club". it does not correlate to me.

Last edited by apeape; 14-11-2018 at 05:21 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.