Not open for further replies.

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
lol

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8016559/man-united-solskjaer-liverpool-keane/
So the former striker bought the popular video game Football Manager and was glued to his laptop.

lol

Rumours suggested the striker was a childhood supporter of United's arch rivals Liverpool, and in 2016 FourFourTwo put the question to him.

In 2002, when Rio Ferdinand became the most expensive British signing in history when he moved from Leeds to United for £30m, Solskjaer's welcome wasn't so flattering.

Ferdinand said last year: "The most nerve-wracking time [at United] was the first training session. We're playing piggy-in-the-middle-type game and I could hear Ole Gunnar Solskjaer saying, 'How much? Thirty million? What?!'

"I would have expected that from Keano or Butty, but not him."

can he say similar to poggy?

Last edited:

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...se-Mourinho-Man-Utd-sacking-pay-18m-year.html

Discussions with who? JM himself? If so, he already wants to see himself out before his contract is over. So where is his loyalty to the club since October? Is that why we start seeing funny starting line ups, tactics, substitutions etc?

Probably during pre-season he already planned to get sacked. You noticed at Chelsea after he signed a new contract extension the next season he got himself sacked. Early this yr he signed a new contact extension. This season he got himself sacked again.

Last edited:

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If can get the DOF in before or during January, then maybe can start to plot signing players. The manager has to work whoever the DOF brings in right? I don’t know whether this will be a good thing or not. I prefer the manager to sign who he needs to fit his style, that’s why communication and understanding between the two is very important. Cannot quarrel and see each other beh song. I will prefer the DOF to negotiate the selling and behalf on behalf of Ed rather than identifying targets, and also recruiting knowledgeable scouts and overseeing the youth development/academy

Out of 20 clubs in EPL, 15 have DoF. I would say Leicester and Southampton's DoF are doing quite well. I actually would not mind Leicester's Jon Rudkin coming. He was in-charge of bringing Kante and Mahrez to them (Steve Walsh is the scout who "found" these talents, and Vardy). This is the modern format now, because there is only 1 SAF, who can run the jobs of head coach, recruitment, management, all in one, and good at all of those. No more. Some coaches are better head coach than SAF, like JM, but sucks at management, some very good at management but suck at getting results, so they go become technical director, or DoF.

Ideally, DoF share the same visions, ambitions and direction of the club, of the owner. Based on these visions, ambitions and directions, DoF find the suitable head coach. The head coach, when he accepts the job, would have known what the vision, ambition and direction are. So, DoF of clubs like Monaco, Dortmund, will not approach head coach like JM, or ZZ, or Conte because the JM, ZZ, Conte will not accept that kind of direction, that is collecting wonder kids, develop them, sell for profits.

And ideally, DoF and his head coach will sit down to camxiong, what kind of players the HC need, any targets. DoF, together with his team of scouts, analyst, will access if the targets are realistic or not, if there are alternatives. Ideally, HC will accept and adapt to the players that DoF recruited. DoF, in a way, should last longer than the HC, because he is overseeing a long term project, while each HC he hires, just part of the project.

So, to me, the CV of this DoF is much more important than the HC's CV, because DoF is really the most important person of the club, football wise. Think about Juventus, it is Marotta who brought them back to the glory days now. HC will focus on training, tactic, matches, while the rest will be handled by DoF. Many continental HCs prefer this way because they can really focus on football itself, and DoF will hand the football operations.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there is no start over. new DoF also not come here and change the club philosophy and direction.
But there is also no guarantee that the DOF will outlast the next manager or any incoming managers in future. He may also walk out and quit if he sees something he doesn't like. Then employ another DOF and start all over again? Difficult

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
read some "analysis" of Ole's styles of football, think that:

1. LKK's form may pick up. Ole wants his striker to run-behind. It means LKK no need to receive ball back facing goal.

2. Sanchez can be good for Ole, since Ole wants hire press, starts from his front line.

3. Lingard, Mata will be good, because there will be many short, 1-2 or 1-2-3 passings between the players.

4. Shaw and Dalot will excel. Not sure about AV.

5. High back line, hope Ole encourage Iceman to bring the ball out more.

6. Not sure if Matic can adapt to high press or not.

No more sit back waiting for opponents to make mistake. High press forcing them to make mistake.

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
If u watch solskjaer goals he got quite a number of goals he just pull the trigger...

I believe for him is u try u got a chance to score even it's a half chance

Some striker will only pull trigger in a swee swee position or 1v1 situation

Ole will even attempt to shoot between the defenders leg...

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If u watch solskjaer goals he got quite a number of goals he just pull the trigger...

I believe for him is u try u got a chance to score even it's a half chance

Some striker will only pull trigger in a swee swee position or 1v1 situation

worst they still failed to score in 1 v1

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows in Spain, the champion will always either be barca or madrid. Only in odd years u see one different champion.

for the past 10 seasons

barca win 7 times
rm win 2 times
Am win 1 times

rm la liga record kinda sucks.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Flashback of what Solskjaer and rest did in that match, it is the only match that I still feel emotional whenever I watch it, greatest ever thrill. Where were you watching this then?

Hope Solskjaer can bring back magic to Old Trafford.

In United we love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.