HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #7186
Master Member

the format of the competition doesn't really require consistency/form like in the league.
u can advance by away goal rule..so play the cards right, can reach the finals or even win it with some luck.

as to 'forgiven', you are referring to the fans? the football will still be the same, won't change, so people will still be unhappy about it week in week out.
Play non-sexciting football but win UCL still cannot forgive?

Seriously man, i wouldn't mind we win 1-0 every game for 38 league games. I don't care if we hoot in 1st goal at 1st min and park bus for the remaining 89 mins to win the game 1-0.

But the problem now is we took 180 mins to score a goal at OT, and that's against CP and YB.
Old 28-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #7187
Master Member

My heart say we can win, my brain say we can continue to dream. JM brought Porto to be UCL winner before, nothing is impossible. But, you are right that this IF is big, very very big.
Since De Gea is best goalkeeper, maybe our tactic could be 0-0 for both legs, then go PK shootout and De Gea will bail us out.

Is DDG a good PK saver?
Old 28-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #7188

In other news, Ronaldo just broke another record for fastest player to hit 10 goals on his debut season with Juve. cant help but wonder with JM's tendency to prefer aged or experienced players, why he never contacted him.
Old 28-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #7189
Master Member

Our problems now are really messy and unthinkable. If I stopped reading the news and think hard, actually the rot starts from the very top.

Glazers want more profits, give ED ridiculous KPIs.
Ed have to meet his KPI by bringing more profits, hence cannot 100% support Jose
Jose KPI is to win titles but don't have enough suitable players to meet his KPI
Players KPI is win games after games but Jose keep saying this player no good that team no good.

Knn if this logic is logical, then we are really screwed. Everyday go temple pray Saudi King faster come buy the whole club.

Look at our neighbours spending oil money,,,

Owners say I want titles, money not a problem, profit or loss I will handle, you just go out there and do your job.
Pep sibei song, change whole defense without blinking eyes. But credit to him also, his tactics really damn sickening.
Old 28-11-2018, 01:26 PM   #7190
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't like Jose a lot, but he should be given some credit for getting the team qualified with a game to spare. Some of us here even predicted we will finish third and go into the Europa league, but no that didn't happen. We can now look forward to the knockout stages in March. I just hope he can learn a lesson or two from post Sevilla last season, and do better

Last night was good to watch. We created chances but Rashford was missing all of them. But the boy still gave the team better movement than Romelu

Oh by the way, Jose took Fred out for Pogba so that's forgivable. What i meant was i'll personally deck him if he takes Fred off for McTominay
Asakura, vitaminc1231 and xiaogin like this.
Old 28-11-2018, 01:39 PM   #7191
Great Supremacy Member

its a hypothetical qns based on the team actually picking up 3pts for 38games, that's over 100pts. of cos anyone would be happy but in reality things don't fall so ideally, do they?

so while saying we don't mind 1-0 wins every game did we consider how does the football look like? this IS the kinda games we will expect to see from a team that is grinding 1-0 results for 38 games. are the fans happy? nope.

realistically can a team keep getting 1-0 wins ? not quite. will run out of luck eventually. just as u mentioned we took 180mins to score a goal. and on bad days we might even lose.

so if u ask me whether fans will forgive even winning the UCL. the ans is no, because it is in plain sight, don't even need to do survey.
but will fans cheer when we win it? hell yeah. look at the crowd when Fellaini scored. frustrating football but will still roar out loud even if your hated player scores the winning goal to send ur team thru the next round.
Play non-sexciting football but win UCL still cannot forgive?

Seriously man, i wouldn't mind we win 1-0 every game for 38 league games. I don't care if we hoot in 1st goal at 1st min and park bus for the remaining 89 mins to win the game 1-0.

But the problem now is we took 180 mins to score a goal at OT, and that's against CP and YB.
a big NO. not because van Gaal said so.
he has very good reflexes for the kinda out-of-the-world saves, but he is not an intimidating figure.
Is DDG a good PK saver?
Old 28-11-2018, 01:52 PM   #7192
Arch-Supremacy Member

Jose calls DDG the best goalkeeper in the world and calls on the club to tie him to a new deal. So you see, he does praise his players

I will still trust DDG in a random penalty shootout but Romero is a very good penalty saver himself
Asakura likes this.
Old 28-11-2018, 01:59 PM   #7193
High Supremacy Member

DDG can leave for PSG..then Romero can be promoted to no. 1

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT
Old 28-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #7194

Our problems now are really messy and unthinkable. If I stopped reading the news and think hard, actually the rot starts from the very top.

Glazers want more profits, give ED ridiculous KPIs.
Ed have to meet his KPI by bringing more profits, hence cannot 100% support Jose
Jose KPI is to win titles but don't have enough suitable players to meet his KPI
Players KPI is win games after games but Jose keep saying this player no good that team no good.

Knn if this logic is logical, then we are really screwed. Everyday go temple pray Saudi King faster come buy the whole club.

Look at our neighbours spending oil money,,,

Owners say I want titles, money not a problem, profit or loss I will handle, you just go out there and do your job.
Pep sibei song, change whole defense without blinking eyes. But credit to him also, his tactics really damn sickening.
Exactly my point. But if you continue to stress this, people will start call you LJ and being negative.
Asakura likes this.
Old 28-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #7195
High Supremacy Member

i was hopping i mixed up the sequence of the photos.
i had mentioned during the game that he was so fast that the ball couldnít catch up with him.
Old 28-11-2018, 02:10 PM   #7196
Arch-Supremacy Member

Comical scene. More like he forgot to take the ball with him, too eager to please the crowd and chiong forward
Old 28-11-2018, 02:17 PM   #7197
Master Member

Exactly my point. But if you continue to stress this, people will start call you LJ and being negative.
Negative or not, pro-jose or anti-jose also never mind.

Down the line, all need to share blame.
Jose have indeed bought a few players over the years, and if I have to name specifically, Sanchez/LKK/Pogba, very disappointing when they played. I would like to think that he put out a team to win, but if players cannot click/connect on the field, players needs to take some blame also.
Asakura likes this.
Old 28-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #7198
Arch-Supremacy Member

I can laugh at that now because of knowing the end result. Otherwise...
The team is just very static. MarcusR, MarouaneF and Fred were probably our best outfield players. Despite his failures to convert the chances/half chances, I have a lot of patience for MarcusR. Pretty sure he can, and should, become our mainstay by next season.
And JesseL proved again what I said about his final ball. Underhit a lay off, then overhit a pass to MarcusR. To get into those positions is good, but 9/10 times it comes to nothing.

I remember the sweet spot of UCL become qualifying for the quarterfinals. Beyond that, the delta of the rewards isn't as huge.
Asakura likes this.
Old 28-11-2018, 02:27 PM   #7199
Arch-Supremacy Member

Support the manager until he's not here lor, that is all i have to say. The club, the manager, the fans, the players, everyone co-exist together

I'll just watch the football and ignore the critics. I cannot live without watching United no matter how bad we have or will become. And i still look forward eagerly to every single matchday. I am sure some of you guys are still too
Old 28-11-2018, 02:31 PM   #7200
Master Member

Got an urge to write to the club....But got proper channel to write?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.