HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2018, 02:34 PM   #7201
Arch-Supremacy Member

After last night, the earliest the board will sack him is in Feb if we lose in the last 16 of the UCL. Mathematically by then, they would know if we can qualify for Europe, if we can't then the only way is to win the UCL.

Results between now till then wouldn't matter much to change their decision. And we just might see some reinforcements in Jan for JM. Meanwhile just be prepared for more ups and downs...downs mostly. It could be as early as this weekend against 3rd from bottom Southampton a team we should beat (and its away so there's lesser pressure to score).
Old 28-11-2018, 02:45 PM   #7202
High Supremacy Member

After last night, the earliest the board will sack him is in Feb if we lose in the last 16 of the UCL. Mathematically by then, they would know if we can qualify for Europe, if we can't then the only way is to win the UCL.

Results between now till then wouldn't matter much to change their decision. And we just might see some reinforcements in Jan for JM. Meanwhile just be prepared for more ups and downs...downs mostly. It could be as early as this weekend against 3rd from bottom Southampton a team we should beat (and its away so there's lesser pressure to score).
so no choice we have to suck it up till next feb-may until JM is gone...

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT
Old 28-11-2018, 02:50 PM   #7203

Negative or not, pro-jose or anti-jose also never mind.

Down the line, all need to share blame.
Jose have indeed bought a few players over the years, and if I have to name specifically, Sanchez/LKK/Pogba, very disappointing when they played. I would like to think that he put out a team to win, but if players cannot click/connect on the field, players needs to take some blame also.
I am MU supporter, so I'll support whoever is the current manager.

Which is also why I feel so frustrating with Ed not supporting the current manager.

Sanchez is a bit like Shevchenko to me. Shevchenko was Abramovich's signing rather than JM's. Sanchez seems to be Ed's signing (to sell more shirt).

Pogba, can say 50/50 JM is also at fault in not bring the best out of him.

LKK is definitely JM's choice and it's disappointing to see his performance this season. He started okay and we were saying thank god we got him instead of Morata, but somehow LKK lost his way this season.

In my brain, I am not surprised we are not doing as well as last season, because the squad is mediocre when compared to the likes of MC, Fools, Spurs and Chelsea.

But in my heart, I want us to beat all of them 3-0. I want to see Jessi dance more than Messi, Kaku scoring more than Kane, Rashford soaring more than Raheem, and Martial making Mohamed a mickey.
Old 28-11-2018, 02:51 PM   #7204
Arch-Supremacy Member

so no choice we have to suck it up till next feb-may until JM is gone...

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT
Yeah, its pretty obvious they don't care about the club's history/philosophy/culture etc.

But I really pity the players, the fans who went to the stadium who have to bear with his tactics, antics and team selection until then. For us at home, we can just switch off the tv/stream and sleep.
Old 28-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #7205

Yeah, its pretty obvious they don't care about the club's history/philosophy/culture etc.

But I really pity the players, the fans who went to the stadium who have to bear with his tactics, antics and team selection until then. For us at home, we can just switch off the tv/stream and sleep.
Given a choice, I would prefer to be in the stadium week in week out, even if we are fighting for relegation.
Old 28-11-2018, 03:05 PM   #7206
Arch-Supremacy Member

Given a choice, I would prefer to be in the stadium week in week out, even if we are fighting for relegation.
Good for you. It would really help us fill the stadium during these tough times. Most fans interviewed have found it torturous and its no surprise they are staying away. It's quite funny to hear some young fan whom they interviewed almost after every match saying he rather be at home doing his homework after watching one of the goalless draws at home.

But of course for us fans who are not living in their country and didn't have the opportunity to watch it live every match, we would feel otherwise as the atmosphere is different (and most of us don't have to spend our hard earn money on tickets and transport week in and out). Thus the frustration they feel is different and probably 10x fold.
Asakura and vitaminc1231 like this.
Old 28-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #7207

Good for you. It would really help us fill the stadium during these tough times. Most fans interviewed have found it torturous and its no surprise they are staying away. It's quite funny to hear some young fan whom they interviewed almost after every match saying he rather be at home doing his homework after watching one of the goalless draws at home.

But of course for us fans who are not living in their country and didn't have the opportunity to watch it live every match, we would feel otherwise as the atmosphere is different (and most of us don't have to spend our hard earn money on tickets and transport week in and out). Thus the frustration they feel is different and probably 10x fold.
even saw a fan dozing off during the palace game on IG sia. that bad liao hahahaha
Old 28-11-2018, 03:16 PM   #7208

Yes you are right. It's a double edged sword actually.

If the fans keep going to stadium, Glazers will continue to milk us, and we will stay where we are for god know how long.

If the fans stop going to stadium, sponsors will leave, eventually, Glazers will sell too. But that also means we could be really fighting for relegation by that time, and become Leeds/Blackburn/Newcastle and languish at the bottom for a long time before we bounce back again.
Old 28-11-2018, 03:16 PM   #7209
Arch-Supremacy Member

Itís the year end holidays. Those who always wanted to go to OT but never had the chance to able to buy tickets can do so now. Quite a few general tickets on sale now though iím not sure if you still have to purchase the club membership with it

By the way why always think of when sacking the manager? Why not just support the team? Why not wish the team well? Why make it so hard upon yourselves of a decision you will never ever control? Why? Itís bizarre
vitaminc1231 likes this.
Old 28-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #7210
Master Member

I am MU supporter, so I'll support whoever is the current manager.

Which is also why I feel so frustrating with Ed not supporting the current manager.

Sanchez is a bit like Shevchenko to me. Shevchenko was Abramovich's signing rather than JM's. Sanchez seems to be Ed's signing (to sell more shirt).

Pogba, can say 50/50 JM is also at fault in not bring the best out of him.

LKK is definitely JM's choice and it's disappointing to see his performance this season. He started okay and we were saying thank god we got him instead of Morata, but somehow LKK lost his way this season.

In my brain, I am not surprised we are not doing as well as last season, because the squad is mediocre when compared to the likes of MC, Fools, Spurs and Chelsea.

But in my heart, I want us to beat all of them 3-0. I want to see Jessi dance more than Messi, Kaku scoring more than Kane, Rashford soaring more than Raheem, and Martial making Mohamed a mickey.
How you expect Ed to support Jose if Glazers not approving the transactions?
I name these 3 players because they are not shitty when playing for their old clubs, how come suddenly can turn **** here? I don't wish to argue over whether it's jose or player problem, but my thoughts are Jose determined who to play, players on the field should do the job too.
Asakura likes this.
Old 28-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #7211

where are you guys getting this facts from regarding the business end of United? I genuinely would like to know since somehow it affects the football so much.
Old 28-11-2018, 05:28 PM   #7212
Master Member

where are you guys getting this facts from regarding the business end of United? I genuinely would like to know since somehow it affects the football so much.
Hmm, I dunno how to answer you but Glazers family are all businessmen right? They run the club like a business isn't it? So if the money don't come from them, come from who? Check and balance is equally important as profit and loss.
Old 28-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #7213

of course the money has been coming from Glazers and sponsors, thats pretty obvious. Still doesn't affect the football to me but no no, i do not want to start another discussion regarding this matter with another poster, my stance is pretty obvious in my previous posts.

I'd like to know more so i can do my own reading, so where do you all get these stats and numbers from? let me know if its google-able as well so i can search.
Old 28-11-2018, 06:14 PM   #7214

How you expect Ed to support Jose if Glazers not approving the transactions?
I name these 3 players because they are not shitty when playing for their old clubs, how come suddenly can turn **** here? I don't wish to argue over whether it's jose or player problem, but my thoughts are Jose determined who to play, players on the field should do the job too.
I agree with you the players on the field should do the job.

Back to Ed and Glazers, yes it could be Ed is limited by Glazers in terms of spending. But, if you looked at the football things that Ed has done -

• Overpaid Everton for Fellaini
  • Overpaid Everton for Lukaku
  • Overpaid Juve for Pogba
  • Played by Godin
  • Played by Ramos
  • The Perisic debacle
  • Repeatedly getting owned by Levy
  • Overpaid Sanchez on his salary
  • Mane just signed a £150K contract. Meanwhile, Shaw's recent contract is £160K

If Ed is not the biggest carrrot, not sure who can beat him.
Old 28-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #7215
Supremacy Member

Support sleague if you are singaporean pls
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.