HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2018, 02:35 PM   #7471
Arch-Supremacy Member

They this season so far played 23 games. GF is 47. GA is 19. Don't seem to be parking bus.
Wow. thats about 2.5 goals scored for every 1 conceded. Not bad.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:52 PM   #7472
Arch-Supremacy Member

An article from back in Dec 2015
http://therepublikofmancunia.com/why...eds-next-boss/

Even if our board didn't read the whole article, I'm sure the part about JM's transfers will interest them especially when money is involved. That could explain their reluctance to release more funds for him.

Transfer market

When Chelsea won the league in 2004-05, Mourinhoís signings made 147 appearances (29%), Ranieriís signings made 326 appearances (63%), and other signings made 41 appearance (8%). When they won the league again, after even more money was spent, Mourinhoís signings made 177 appearances (33%), Ranieriís made 326 appearances (60%) and other signings made 41 appearance (7%). In Mourinhoís third season, with more money spent again, his signings made 319 appearances (62%) and Ranieriís made 194 appearances (38%), and United won the title weeks before the season ended.

Essentially, the more money Mourinho was allowed to spend on his players, the worse the team became.

All managers have signed the odd inadequate player, with Sir Alex Ferguson having a Djemba-Djemba or Kleberson to mention, but Mourinhoís record is worse than most, particularly when you consider how much some of these players cost. Juan Cuadrado, Khalid Boulahrouz, Nuri Sahin, Tal Ben Haim, Asier del Horno, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Tiago, Filipe Luis, Jiri Jarosik, Mateja Kezman, Claudio Pizarro and Steve Sidwell, to name a few.

Itís not just the players Mourinho buys, but the ones he decides to sell too. Arjen Robben, Kevin De Bruyne, Juan Mata, Romelu Lukaku and Ryan Bertrand were all let go by Mourinho, but are probably all still better than their equivalents who are currently at Chelsea.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:58 PM   #7473

By now all should know very well that our Board/Ed doesn't care about football result, only commercial result.

Whoever is the manager doesn't matter to them, whatever style doesn't matter to them. Not in top 4? Sack and hire a new one, then go out shout we now have a new manager we trust that can bring us back to the top, we will support him with millions. Rinse and repeat the process after another 3 years.

When the process cannot be repeated anymore, sell MU for 2 billion or whatever the perceived value, Board pocket the money and continue to eat lobster.

Last edited by vitaminc1231; 03-12-2018 at 03:00 PM..
Old 03-12-2018, 03:11 PM   #7474
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pickford eat money
Rumours 70m man to replace de Gea!!!
Old 03-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #7475
Great Supremacy Member

yet his past teams managed to be among the top 3 in terms of goals scored while having this 'defensive' game plan.
We changed to all 3 defensive minded managers. One has an inferiority complex, one likes to just pass around without attacking, and the last one emphasizes on safety first in defense. All 3 relies heavily on DDG putting in good performances week in and out.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #7476
Great Supremacy Member

can bring out the pitch forks if they really buy him for 70m?
Rumours 70m man to replace de Gea!!!
Old 03-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #7477

There was a time when players play for the badge..

Old 03-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #7478
Arch-Supremacy Member

yet his past teams managed to be among the top 3 in terms of goals scored while having this 'defensive' game plan.
Maybe we should stop looking at his past good records at the other clubs as that doesn't seem to apply at all to us in his 3 seasons here. Were we top 3 in terms of goals scored in the last 2 seasons? Cos what he did in terms of goals scored is not working at our club.

His defensive part certainly does. We were 2nd in least goals conceded for 2 seasons running. So it amuses me that he has to criticize his defensive players when he couldn't get his CB to the point that they lost their confidence. Solve the goal scoring problem, cos that's the problem we are having now.

We can defend all day but if we don't start scoring, the best result we can get is a draw. And that seems to be what we can expect these days no matter who we play, its either a draw or a lost. You can't win any match if you score 0 goals in every game. Not unless you're hoping for the opponent to score own goals or we get a PK. That must be in the mind of every fan who watches the game, we "HOPE" to score a goal, we hope for a shot on target in the first half, we hope to see a shot in the first half. It becomes a mini celebration when we see a shot on target these days and their keeper has to make a save.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #7479
Great Supremacy Member

so why did it work across 4 teams 4 regions, Porto Chelsea Real Inter and Chelsea again and den.......poof! it doesn't work for United. not like he didn't manage in England before...so why is it that bad with us. if we gonna talk about his 3rd season in those teams, den we didn't even see his honeymoon 2yrs miracle.

our strikers didn't put the ball into the back of the net. not that we didn't attack at all. missing too many sitters for anyone's liking.

we don't just have scoring problem. we can't bring the ball out of our own halves. and den we lose it and let teams attack us. in panic, we give away freekicks in dangerous areas. our defending during such situation is shockingly poor and it start way before Mourinho.

even if he is replaced, i think the next manager need to take a good look at some of the players in the first team.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #7480
Master Member

Maybe we should stop looking at his past good records at the other clubs as that doesn't seem to apply at all to us in his 3 seasons here. Were we top 3 in terms of goals scored in the last 2 seasons? Cos what he did in terms of goals scored is not working at our club.

His defensive part certainly does. We were 2nd in least goals conceded for 2 seasons running. So it amuses me that he has to criticize his defensive players when he couldn't get his CB to the point that they lost their confidence. Solve the goal scoring problem, cos that's the problem we are having now.

We can defend all day but if we don't start scoring, the best result we can get is a draw. And that seems to be what we can expect these days no matter who we play, its either a draw or a lost. You can't win any match if you score 0 goals in every game. Not unless you're hoping for the opponent to score own goals or we get a PK. That must be in the mind of every fan who watches the game, we "HOPE" to score a goal, we hope for a shot on target in the first half, we hope to see a shot in the first half. It becomes a mini celebration when we see a shot on target these days and their keeper has to make a save.

I think most of you failed to take notice that DeGea saved the whole club's asses most of the times in last couple of years.

When the club depends on a world class goalkeeper to save their asses time and time again, i think if i'm the keeper i also sian. Pay not on par with some world cup stars. While alot of suiters are chasing his signature.

Keepers mistakes are enlarged while saves are easily forgotten.

Everyone thought DeGea on god mode is a given. It's a matter of time.

Asakura likes this.

Last edited by TakKiu; 03-12-2018 at 04:38 PM..
Old 03-12-2018, 04:44 PM   #7481
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think most of you failed to take notice that DeGea saved the whole club's asses most of the times in last couple of years.

When the club depends on a world class goalkeeper to save their asses time and time again, i think if i'm the keeper i also sian. Pay not on par with some world cup stars. While alot of suiters are chasing his signature.

Keepers mistakes are enlarged while saves are easily forgotten.

Everyone thought DeGea on god mode is a given. It's a matter of time.

Nope I didn't, I mentioned above all 3 managers after Fergie relies heavily on DDG putting in good performances week in and out.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
Old 03-12-2018, 04:45 PM   #7482
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's how DDG always end up being in epl team of the season almost every year. Lol.

Asakura likes this.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:03 PM   #7483
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's how DDG always end up being in epl team of the season almost every year. Lol.

if i am woody, will give de gea 400k per week just to keep him and making him the highest paid player in epl but players like pogba, lukaku will probably want the same.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #7484
Arch-Supremacy Member

so why did it work across 4 teams 4 regions, Porto Chelsea Real Inter and Chelsea again and den.......poof! it doesn't work for United. not like he didn't manage in England before...so why is it that bad with us. if we gonna talk about his 3rd season in those teams, den we didn't even see his honeymoon 2yrs miracle.

our strikers didn't put the ball into the back of the net. not that we didn't attack at all. missing too many sitters for anyone's liking.

we don't just have scoring problem. we can't bring the ball out of our own halves. and den we lose it and let teams attack us. in panic, we give away freekicks in dangerous areas. our defending during such situation is shockingly poor and it start way before Mourinho.

even if he is replaced, i think the next manager need to take a good look at some of the players in the first team.
Yes, so isn't that a goal scoring/striker problem? Shouldn't we reinforce in that department? Did we sign any new 20+ goals striker in the event that LKK goes out of form? Using Fellaini as a make shift plan B ain't gonna work all the time since he has no record of scoring 20+ goals a season. So that seems to be JM's plan even if we do get a CB this Jan. Unless he is a goal scoring centerback.

Look at his attacking options in those teams and look at ours.

Last edited by guile; 03-12-2018 at 05:08 PM..
Old 03-12-2018, 05:09 PM   #7485
Arch-Supremacy Member

if i am woody, will give de gea 400k per week just to keep him and making him the highest paid player in epl but players like pogba, lukaku will probably want the same.
won't pay the same, just increase their goal and assists bonus.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.