Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
only got 2 ** available liao.....

What’s the problem? Some fans here having bought Lindelof and Bailly is more than enough.

People don’t remember that Smalling and Jones are forever in a competition to see who can spend more time on MC.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manchester United caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has spoken about his plans for our opening game of 2019 - Wednesday's Premier League encounter at Newcastle United (20:00 GMT kick-off).

The Reds have won all three games of Ole's temporary stint in charge so far in convincing fashion, and are looking to keep the fine run going when tackling Rafael Benitez's Magpies at St. James' Park.

One player definitely ruled out is defender Eric Bailly, who is suspended after being sent off against Bournemouth for a reckless challenge on Ryan Fraser.

Matteo Darmian will provide cover with Phil Jones likely to start alongside Victor Lindelof, after coming off the bench in the 4-1 victory over the Cherries. Chris Smalling, who might return in time for the game against Tottenham Hotspur on 13 January, and Marcos Rojo are still sidelined.

When asked if he will only have two centre-backs available for the trip to Tyneside, Solskjaer replied: "“That’s enough isn’t it? It should be enough with two! We’ll have to look at it, of course, but we’ve got Darmian, who can definitely play centre-back. I don’t think Rojo will make it so it will probably be Darmian as back-up centre-back.”"

Chilean star Alexis Sanchez is set to feature for the first time under the Norwegian after being close to making the bench at the weekend.

"“Alexis has had some great training sessions over the last few days and wanted to be here [against Bournemouth] as well but we’ve had to manage him,”" explained Ole. "“He’s been out for a month. He will be involved [at Newcastle], yes. "

”He wants to play all the time, he’s one of those characters. He made himself available but I think it was a few days too early for him. He’s not had enough fitness work but he is champing at the bit.

"“I think Alexis is a player that would benefit from the interchanging, rotation and movements and, of course, more chances. If we create more chances and get the ball in the final third, he will be an asset for us. On the floor, in between or in behind, I think he’s looking forward to it. Certainly, it’s looked like it in the session the other day when he scored quite a few nice goals and that was encouraging.”"

Marcus Rashford is in red-hot form and should shrug off any fatigue in order to face Newcastle, although Romelu Lukaku's goalscoring return to the fold does provide another option for Solskjaer.

"“I think Marcus would be okay,”" added the caretaker boss. "“He’s been working so hard and has been a bit tired. But I think he will be alright [for Newcastle]. I hope so.”"

There could be some rotation within the squad, although it is probable there will be more changes for the Emirates FA Cup tie against Reading on Saturday, in order to ensure some individuals receive adequate rest in this busy period.

HOW ARE NEWCASTLE SHAPING UP?

The Magpies left Kenedy out of the side for the 1-1 draw at Watford last time out, with Benitez explaining the decision was a "“technical”" one rather than due to injury.

Ki Sung-yeung is absent due to his involvement with South Korea in the Asian Cup but Japan have allowed Yoshinori Muto to head off after the match with United. Jonjo Shelvey, who has performed well against the Reds in the past, is back from a thigh problem.

The home side are likely to play with three central defenders but Federico Fernandez (hip) and Ciaran Clark (ankle) are doubts, while Florian Lejeune may not be ready in time after his lay-off.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/team-news-newcastle-v-man-utd-2-january-2019

The boss is not worried, why are we? Even if he is, he did not sh1t in the public to humiliate his boys. This is giving them confidence.

And I am looking forward to seeing Alexis playing, interchanging with the other 2 forwards.

Last edited:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What’s the problem? Some fans here having bought Lindelof and Bailly is more than enough.

People don’t remember that Smalling and Jones are forever in a competition to see who can spend more time on MC.
We got 3-4 fit ** also JM still use 2 CDM as **. Worse to worse use Matic or McTominay there since they already have experience. Or time to play our young CBs ala LVG.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
always chuckle whenever people mention van Gaal when it comes to playing youth. because that was definitely not the kind of mentioning he was getting when he was here. :s13:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
always chuckle whenever people mention van Gaal when it comes to playing youth. because that was definitely not the kind of mentioning he was getting when he was here. :s13:

Doesn't matter...at least he dared to use whatever resources are available and making the best of the situation. And manage to find one of our best ** pairing in a CDM and Smalling during that time. You can chuckle all you want, but getting and playing Martial and Rashford during his time is starting to pay off now.

Anyway our next 2 matches are against lower opponents. It maybe a good time to try some of the youth while allowing the others to recover before the Spurs match. If you don't give them the chance to play during these matches, then when will it be?

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its paying off for sure. but he wasn't getting the credits while he was here.

"he sold too many so no choice but to bring Rashford into the team"

now we using "at least he did this" as ammunition to shoot another former manager.

fans.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
only a handful will say he is lousy cannot keep clean sheet. but those are small num of people we can ignore.

no personal achievements like golden glove or keeper of the season this year i guess.
not enough cds lah.

i feel bad for ddg clean sheet bonus

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pogba's girlfriend Maria Salaues is believed to be pregnant.

Smalling and Darmian both announced their wife/gf's pregnancy on insta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.