HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2018, 11:57 AM   #8776

football is a big soap opera... it gets easier when you think of it that way and dun read the media reports that say stuff like the reporter was in there, a fly on the wall
then why wont De Gea, Martial etc renew their contracts? why do you think they are "waiting for the right time"? It only takes common sense
Old 20-12-2018, 11:57 AM   #8777

not when you are only putting in a shift.... not even a proper shift

I mean I got turned off from the games for a good reason after trying my best during Moyes' tenure
you have a point
Old 20-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #8778
Arch-Supremacy Member

No player is bigger than the club. We've seen PaulP put in the effort against Man City last season. But he doesn't do it every game, only when he feels like it, midway through a game or not. It's not like the manager would ever micromanage and tell a player to try to take on 3 players in our own half.

DavidB was a model professional. Glitzy off-the-pitch yes, but that's because of his camera-chasing wife. He never let it affect his training, nor his ability to whip in freekicks and crosses. He never stopped playing for the team.

So because other players do it, it's ok to say one "special" player can do it? I don't see LionelM doing it. CR does it, but look at the amount of effort he puts in to maintain his footballing performance. Do we need reminding of his insane volley against us?

It's not like we started pointing the guns at PaulP after JoseM's departure. Let's just say he's turning into WayneR's final years with us - hope he does well while he's still donning the jersey, but I wouldn't be sad to see him go.
vitaminc1231 likes this.
Old 20-12-2018, 12:02 PM   #8779
High Supremacy Member

then why wont De Gea, Martial etc renew their contracts? why do you think they are "waiting for the right time"? It only takes common sense
players have agents whose primary job is to look after their client's interest and they are only human. They can't be saying things like "do it for loyalty" when the contract talks are up...

I do not know what Woodward is doing with regards to this. DDG also can tell that the team is not really progressing much even after so much money spent. Footballers still have to remember that their careers are limited. Playing a contact sport like this also has it's risk.... career ending injuries are real

it is more I dunno where United is headed, less I hate Jose and I want to see him gone before I commit.
Old 20-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #8780
High Supremacy Member

and I believe they played for the manager as well. they played according to JM's tactics, isnt that the same as playing for the club/badge??
JM must have given instructions for Pogba to professionally give the ball away in our own half 🙄
Old 20-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #8781

JM must have given instructions for Pogba to professionally give the ball away in our own half 🙄
you made my day!
Old 20-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #8782

As an employee, regardless of what traits, openly high-five with colleagues and saying out loud to tease sacked your ex-boss just shows how unprofessional and childish the person is. Call me old school, but I expect basic etiquette, especially from one who is paid so much. Only know how to post in IG saying respect badge but perform like a monkey got what use.
Old 20-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #8783
Great Supremacy Member

even fans dont know which game will finally sack the manager. of cos the contract talks will be affected. agents also want to take care of their assets.
Old 20-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #8784
Great Supremacy Member

yes play for the badge. the minute we condon their actions by saying its a special case bla bla bullcrap, we are making them know its okay to step over the manager and perform only when they feel like it.

You play for the club, not the manager.

This is the exact reason that breaks my heart about the team I love.

Man United was about players who played their hearts. It doesn’t matter if they were not getting games or not getting their favourite positions. When you play, you play.

But here we have fans condoning the players behaving like clowns. They are. PROFESSIONAL Football players, not social media influencers.
Old 20-12-2018, 01:50 PM   #8785
Arch-Supremacy Member

yes play for the badge. the minute we condon their actions by saying its a special case bla bla bullcrap, we are making them know its okay to step over the manager and perform only when they feel like it.
it's a very dangerous slope, will end up like chelsea, and there will be no return from then on
Old 20-12-2018, 02:14 PM   #8786

still mourning-ho your loss? (too soon?) hate to say i told you so

I did not meant Pogba is a special player, but rather a special case where I believe he's acting out from the months of being the targeted one from the sacked one. yes other case like bullying of Shaw, Martial, Rashford can slide because their IG not worth like Pogba's, its normal, the popular ones always get the sh*t.

I mean yeah we can blame Pogba's poor passing but we cant blame JM's tactics right? The tactics didn't make us slide to 7th place mah, it was (somehow)Ed fault mah.

Sorry if I condone "Unprofessional Behaviour like a monkey" and me being more "new School" but get on with the times. Just like one dog here say, this is modern football, LL have to accept MU is mid-table team

Last edited by apeape; 20-12-2018 at 02:16 PM..
Old 20-12-2018, 03:11 PM   #8787
Great Supremacy Member

When u start to name calling u get added to ignored list
Old 20-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #8788

honoured to be excluded from idiots
Old 20-12-2018, 03:30 PM   #8789
High Supremacy Member

There are a lot of talks about Paul Mitchell, his past works with Southampton and Tot, and Poch worked well with him.

Poch worked well with him when he was head of recruitment there.

Poch had told Levy that he does not want to work with a DoF. And Poch's title has been changed from head coach to manager.

That does not sound good.
Old 20-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #8790
Supremacy Member

Pogba shouted ‘he f***ed with the wrong baller’ when Mourinho was sacked by Man Utd

MICHAEL CARRICK brought a halt to Paul Pogba’s changing-room celebration over Jose Mourinho’s sacking by telling Manchester United’s stars: No one is bigger than the club.

Pogba shouted: “He f***ed with the wrong baller” at the Carrington training ground on Tuesday morning.

So, in astonishing scenes, Carrick, a Champions League winner in 2008, told the players that the club was bigger than any one player or any manager.

In a no-nonsense message he also reminded them that the club would still get rid of anyone who is not going to meet its standards and that they needed to fight for the United shirt.

Carrick’s message still did not dampen the heightened spirits among the players at the news that Mourinho had gone.

Pogba led those celebrations saying: “He thought he could make a fool of me and turn the fans against me. He f***ed with the wrong baller.”

Pogba had also posted a picture on his Instagram account of him smirking after the news of Mourinho’s departure entitled “caption this”.

Gary Neville responded on Twitter saying: “Caption this. You do one as well!”

Pogba took down the post and his team tried to claim it had just been a coincidence in timing, something Neville later described on TV as “garbage”.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/n...=1&p=118201720

Last edited by jahtl62; 20-12-2018 at 03:44 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.