www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   English Premier League (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/english-premier-league-179/)
-   -   Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/english-premier-league-179/manchester-united-theatre-dreams-part-33-a-5879023.html)

appl888 08-08-2018 07:45 AM

Odds now 6.50

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahtl62 (Post 115885545)
Every football pundit seems to be saying Man Utd has no chance of winning the title this season. If Mourinho can pull this off by winning the title against all odds, he will be the best manager in the Premier League. Winning the title at Man Utd will be his biggest success in his managerial career.

It will either be a success or failure for Mourinho at Man Utd.

cracker 08-08-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahtl62 (Post 115885545)
Every football pundit seems to be saying Man Utd has no chance of winning the title this season. If Mourinho can pull this off by winning the title against all odds, he will be the best manager in the Premier League. Winning the title at Man Utd will be his biggest success in his managerial career.

It will either be a success or failure for Mourinho at Man Utd.

Why will he be the "best manager in PL" if he can capture the title ?

Jose has a grp of players whom by their individual statistics are above average in their respective role. I will not use term such as best or world class as they are very subjective.

The manager needs to get the 10 outfield players to work as a team and motivate these players to put in their best the moment the kick off whistle is blown. He should just stop whining day in day out like a small kid.... he is pre-emp the whole world .. blame Ed if he cant deliver silverware in the new season

This was something that Moyes, Gaal and Jose could not do consistently and they chose to blame everything or everyone else except their tactics or man-management style.

I am not sure what is the love for Boateng which cost about 50M pound when Mina's price is 30M pound and much younger?

Maybe the next signing done by Ed Woody might be a new manager instead:D

AristDing 08-08-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragnarok95 (Post 115884694)
Stopped reading after "you".

Stopped reading after Ďrag.í

Give me Infraction points so we know you are a whiny bitch

(^@^)" 08-08-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AristDing (Post 115888084)
Stopped reading after Ďrag.í

Aiyah, forget it la. Not your war. Anyway, points only. Accumulate enough just go redeem a BeeJay plushie. No biggie.

Asakura 08-08-2018 08:37 AM

at the rate Ed is going, he should go shop for new manager instead.

beano 08-08-2018 08:38 AM

Early morning match on fri.. gonna try wake up and watch..

Asakura 08-08-2018 08:38 AM

https://statics.sportskeeda.com/edit...032716-500.jpg

If we look at all the first team transfers in the 6 years preceding Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement, we see a transfer strategy with clarity and a purpose. Robin Van Persie and Michael Owen were the only players above the age of 27 that were signed.

Owen on a free and Van Persie as a farewell gift for Ferguson. The rest, except perhaps Berbatov, were all signed based on their potential or on their ability to fit within the vision that the manager had for the club.

Since Ferguson’s retirement, and the inevitable subsequent downturn in on-pitch fortunes, the club has been desperately trying to get back to the top by splashing the cash on established superstars.The result: United have been led on wild-goose chases by the likes of Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos while making some statement signings such as Alexis Sanchez, Paul Pogba, and Romelu Lukaku.

While the need to quickly get back to the top in the short-term is understandable, the club seems to have missed a trick in the medium to long-term by ignoring their old transfer policy of taking a punt on players with potential.The youth system at the club has fallen behind local rivals Manchester City over the years.

When United were conducting a root-and-branch review of their youth system, City had unveiled the Etihad campus and their youth team, alongside Chelsea's, is thriving in the FA Youth Cup.The likes of Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford may still be keeping the United academy flag flying in the first team, but the emergence of talents such as Phil Foden and Brahmin Diaz is a subtle evidence of a changing of the guard.

Taking their eye off the ball with respect to the youth policy may turn out to be the most costly error of all for United.

sportskeeda

beano 08-08-2018 08:54 AM

THE FIVE CHANGES AT A GLANCE

Saturday 6 October: Manchester United v Newcastle United at 17:30 BST
Saturday 20 October: Chelsea v Manchester United at 12:30 BST
Saturday 27 October: Manchester United v Everton at 12:30 GMT
Saturday 3 November: Bournemouth v Manchester United at 12:30 GMT
Sunday 11 November: Manchester City v Manchester United at 16:30 GMT

fake_oranges 08-08-2018 08:57 AM

Can we beat Leicester this weekend?

cracker 08-08-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asakura (Post 115888439)
https://statics.sportskeeda.com/edit...032716-500.jpg

If we look at all the first team transfers in the 6 years preceding Sir Alex Fergusonís retirement, we see a transfer strategy with clarity and a purpose. Robin Van Persie and Michael Owen were the only players above the age of 27 that were signed.

Owen on a free and Van Persie as a farewell gift for Ferguson. The rest, except perhaps Berbatov, were all signed based on their potential or on their ability to fit within the vision that the manager had for the club.

Since Fergusonís retirement, and the inevitable subsequent downturn in on-pitch fortunes, the club has been desperately trying to get back to the top by splashing the cash on established superstars.The result: United have been led on wild-goose chases by the likes of Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos while making some statement signings such as Alexis Sanchez, Paul Pogba, and Romelu Lukaku.

While the need to quickly get back to the top in the short-term is understandable, the club seems to have missed a trick in the medium to long-term by ignoring their old transfer policy of taking a punt on players with potential.The youth system at the club has fallen behind local rivals Manchester City over the years.

When United were conducting a root-and-branch review of their youth system, City had unveiled the Etihad campus and their youth team, alongside Chelsea's, is thriving in the FA Youth Cup.The likes of Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford may still be keeping the United academy flag flying in the first team, but the emergence of talents such as Phil Foden and Brahmin Diaz is a subtle evidence of a changing of the guard.

Taking their eye off the ball with respect to the youth policy may turn out to be the most costly error of all for United.

sportskeeda

The need to "buy success" became a reality in Jan 2014 when the team was heading to nowhere with Moyes in charge although they still make it to the CL Quarter Final losing to Bayern Munich ...again.

I had said after Fergie's retirement.. the club can still absorb couple of years without Champion League's revenue...but for domestic competition, they should be challenging for the title till the month or week before the end of the season....a FA Cup or League Cup will only serve as a consolation price since most of the teams in England are treating them as worthless competition. The big sponsorship with Adidas requires the club to do well in the CL competition which I believe at least a Quarter Final place....

Sir Bobby Charlton had some issues with Jose's appointment cos of his behavior and whining.... let's see how things will develope.

ragnarok95 08-08-2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

Stopped reading after ‘rag.’

I read cos got Arist now. And sorry to disappoint you, i do not infract just because you demand for it. Too bad. :s13:

But i see your history... i also... :s13: :s13: :s13:

ragnarok95 08-08-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fake_oranges (Post 115888726)
Can we beat Leicester this weekend?

Of cos. Obviously.

ragnarok95 08-08-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cracker (Post 115888880)
The need to "buy success" became a reality in Jan 2014 when the team was heading to nowhere with Moyes in charge although they still make it to the CL Quarter Final losing to Bayern Munich ...again.

I had said after Fergie's retirement.. the club can still absorb couple of years without Champion League's revenue...but for domestic competition, they should be challenging for the title till the month or week before the end of the season....a FA Cup or League Cup will only serve as a consolation price since most of the teams in England are treating them as worthless competition. The big sponsorship with Adidas requires the club to do well in the CL competition which I believe at least a Quarter Final place....

Sir Bobby Charlton had some issues with Jose's appointment cos of his behavior and whining.... let's see how things will develope.

The longer it drag, the more we need to buy success liao. I totally agreed with you.

apeape 08-08-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Stopped reading after ‘rag.’

some fuker also say to agree to disagree and stop being sarcastic, but now the wan-ker doing it to other people play power. dont bother lah, he keyboard warrior, outside nobody one. most of us online life start at 9 end at 6 come back Monday, he the continue until night, says something :o:o :vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

(^@^)" 08-08-2018 09:22 AM

We were fine at the start of last season, winning 3-0 and 4-0. Then come the first international break and then somehow forgot how to play.

Doomsday 08-08-2018 09:29 AM

We can also go for Dembele if he is available. If Pogba wants to leave for Barca, do a player exchange. Ask Barca to throw in Mina lol 😆

apeape 08-08-2018 09:35 AM

I think the offer was for Mina and Andre Gomes. I'd take both of them to be honest, but not with the £45m... maybe probably £90m plus the 2 players should be ok lah aha. Dembele cannot lah. he too small for the PL i think

apeape 08-08-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (^@^)" (Post 115889152)
We were fine at the start of last season, winning 3-0 and 4-0. Then come the first international break and then somehow forgot how to play.

more like forgot how to manage.

123kidy 08-08-2018 09:46 AM

Barca giving their own useless players in exchange for Pogba.

Those 2 hardly played for them

thenakedshades 08-08-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apeape (Post 115889390)
I think the offer was for Mina and Andre Gomes. I'd take both of them to be honest, but not with the £45m... maybe probably £90m plus the 2 players should be ok lah aha. Dembele cannot lah. he too small for the PL i think

Dembele cannot luh. Has the making of the next Depay.

Actually can we go for the Serbia midfielder? The guy from lazio

ragnarok95 08-08-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (^@^)" (Post 115889152)

Also at a point when some players were angry that jose did not play them.

thenakedshades 08-08-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123kidy (Post 115889587)
Barca giving their own useless players in exchange for Pogba.

Those 2 hardly played for them

Hope we wonít kena bullied into giving up Porkbar for 2 useless players.

Anyway if this swap deal happens after English transfer window is closed, means these 2 players canít play for Utd until Jan?

apeape 08-08-2018 10:16 AM

Barca hardly played them, so can't really judge whether useful or useless imo. Last time we buy Di Maria/Depay/Falcao thought it will be useful but turn out useless so can't really say. the BPL will be diff for every player, and to be managed under Mou currently is not exactly an attractive thing now.

Asakura 08-08-2018 10:25 AM

Ed wanted to buy success right from the start he took over, i oso think that was why Fergie left suddenly knowing he not going to work well with him :s13:

tried to buy big names the whole summer, end up get no one, so fall back to backup plan AFTER the clause deadline, and paid more for Fellaini
tried again in Jan , and end up paying record fee for someone who was desperate to get out of Chelsea.

the next 2 mgrs also complains similar things about submitting wishlist months ago and not knowing what's going on. we see the club getting linked everywhere and according to 'no smoke without fire' theorist, there are definitely some truth that the club went for those big names and failed. den there's also the high profile/expensive signings like Di Maria, Shaw, Schweinsteiger, Memphis, Falcao, Zlatan, Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku recently.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ragnarok95 (Post 115889044)
The longer it drag, the more we need to buy success liao. I totally agreed with you.

pawn_king 08-08-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cracker (Post 115888880)
but for domestic competition, they should be challenging for the title till the month or week before the end of the season

last season's city would have blown away even the best of SAF's team with 100 points tally.

that's why to objectively judge mou, we need to look at how many points we achieve this season. anything above 85 is good, 90 is great. we can only hope for city to stumble a little more and us pressuring them all the way.

last seasons's 81 points would have won a couple of EPLs over the past 25 yrs. so it wasn't all horrible.

fat_boyz 08-08-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asakura (Post 115888439)

Wow~ Anderson and Nani were expensive for that era.

pawn_king 08-08-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragnarok95 (Post 115889922)
Also at a point when some players were angry that jose did not play them.

jose doesn't like to rotate. :s13: see his previous teams chelsea etc first XI always the same.

#MourinhoOut 08-08-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apeape (Post 115890154)
Barca hardly played them, so can't really judge whether useful or useless imo. Last time we buy Di Maria/Depay/Falcao thought it will be useful but turn out useless so can't really say. the BPL will be diff for every player, and to be managed under Mou currently is not exactly an attractive thing now.

Means those players in mint condition, good leh, can fetch higher price.

cracker 08-08-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawn_king (Post 115890376)
last season's city would have blown away even the best of SAF's team with 100 points tally.

that's why to objectively judge mou, we need to look at how many points we achieve this season. anything above 85 is good, 90 is great. we can only hope for city to stumble a little more and us pressuring them all the way.

last seasons's 81 points would have won a couple of EPLs over the past 25 yrs. so it wasn't all horrible.

aiya no point talking if cant get max pt out of Newcastle, Stoke ? etc etc

Shareholders and sponsors are not interested in how many points the club achieved.. only care about the final position ...

YorYor 08-08-2018 10:56 AM

Actually, final position is also just a minor point to consider. Former would want to see revenues vs expenditures, latter wants to know tangible numbers of gate receipts, viewership per broadcast match. Even if City gets top for the next 10, if their stadium continue to be half filled, you can bet they still wouldn't get the same kind of real sponsorships as we do.

YorYor 08-08-2018 10:59 AM

Then again, who in the right mind would buy a sports club's shares in the hope of buying/selling for profit or expect high dividends?

ragnarok95 08-08-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawn_king (Post 115890509)
jose doesn't like to rotate. :s13: see his previous teams chelsea etc first XI always the same.

Ya. That's why a few will suffer.

123kidy 08-08-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawn_king (Post 115890376)

definitely sure we can hit at least 80pt with the players we have. but can the players push themselves and make the extra effort in games regardless of big/small teams

and also nobody is concern about the way/tactics the team is actually playing?
why need to play so defensive and park bus when we have the quality players
our 1st 11 is actually very strong if they perform to their full potential n more

Jose likes to park bus against the top 6 sides and go counter attack(more especially when playing away to them) if anyone notice?

123kidy 08-08-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenakedshades (Post 115889943)
Hope we wonít kena bullied into giving up Porkbar for 2 useless players.

Anyway if this swap deal happens after English transfer window is closed, means these 2 players canít play for Utd until Jan?

it's like offering darmian+mctominay to RM for toni kroos

urban_closet 08-08-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123kidy (Post 115891607)
definitely sure we can hit at least 80pt with the players we have. but can the players push themselves and make the extra effort in games regardless of big/small teams

and also nobody is concern about the way/tactics the team is actually playing?
why need to play so defensive and park bus when we have the quality players
our 1st 11 is actually very strong if they perform to their full potential n more

Jose likes to park bus against the top 6 sides and go counter attack(more especially when playing away to them) if anyone notice?

I agree with your assessment of our squad - we are more than well stocked in terms of midfield + strikers (defense - not so)

However he has done relatively well against the top 6. Sit deep, counter, i think that worked for us last season against top 6.

My issue is with sitting deep against other clubs in the PL... then only after 70mins, change to all out attack.. sometimes that pays off, sometimes that doesn't..

apeape 08-08-2018 11:41 AM

Mou is way too safe tactically. he needs to let his players flourish and go back to attacking football at home in order to instill confidence when playing away and against top 6. I'm really not sure what he is afraid of.

His counter attack tactics against top 6 last season worked, but it is easy to read and with smart tactical managers like Pep on the other side, I am not sure it will work this season. One can only hope

Asakura 08-08-2018 11:45 AM

because he don't go brute force against them. securing maximum possible points is more important in games against the strong ones.

on a good day, his team will bully the weaker teams for goal difference to make up for it.

that has been him all these while.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 123kidy (Post 115891607)

we had a manager that do well against the top 6. also not happy about him, no?

ragnarok95 08-08-2018 11:48 AM

Because no titles. So not happy.

beano 08-08-2018 11:51 AM

Hope he park a bus load of players... frustrate more ppl here..

jahtl62 08-08-2018 11:54 AM

Jamie Redknapp tells Jose Mourinho to make Paul Pogba his Manchester United captain

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/07/jamie...0/?ito=cbshare

Man Utd will need to build the team around Pogba if they want success & any chance of winning the title.

123kidy 08-08-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asakura (Post 115891814)
because he don't go brute force against them. securing maximum possible points is more important in games against the strong ones.

on a good day, his team will bully the weaker teams for goal difference to make up for it.

that has been him all these while.

we had a manager that do well against the top 6. also not happy about him, no?

well i can see his point of view in a way. not losing to the top 6 and getting points off them.

but their gameplay/tactics on the pitch does appear as timid against them. just keep defending in numbers with little possession and hope to counter with 1 goal

which fustrates alot of the supporters who are used to SAF type of attacking football

fake_oranges 08-08-2018 12:00 PM

Against stronger teams makes sense

But not against weaker teams where you might get more points by attacking the hell out of them

And we have the players to do so

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123kidy (Post 115892070)
well i can see his point of view in a way. not losing to the top 6 and getting points off them.

but their gameplay/tactics on the pitch does appear as timid against them. just keep defending in numbers with little possession and hope to counter with 1 goal

which fustrates alot of the supporters who are used to SAF type of attacking football

apeape 08-08-2018 12:05 PM

aww so sad people believe defensive football and not scoring alot of goals will win titles :o

Asakura 08-08-2018 12:08 PM

SAF in his later years also don't just chiong in like a bull against the top teams

the truth is, fans are frustrated cos not winning titles. not only he hungry for titles, the fans, also want the title ASAP.

so now mgr buying experienced players instead of buying young and wait for them to develop and produce results.
Quote:

guile 08-08-2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragnarok95 (Post 115891865)
Because no titles. So not happy.

Got chance to win against FA Cup against 'top 6' opponent Chelsea last season. Instead blew it cos he approached the game like it's a league match.

If he's not letting the players flourish and attack on the last game of the season right from the start which is win or nothing, when will he ever allow them to play their best? By the time we are trailing its too late.

Letting your opponents take the initiative while we sit back and defend and hope our luck will get better in the 2nd half wouldn't always work all the time. It'll backfire when the opponents use our tactics in the 2nd half against us as what happened in that match. Our opponents will be wiser this season.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

Asakura 08-08-2018 12:10 PM

his title winning teams are among the top 3 total goals scored. so im not sure where u get the notion 'not scoring a lot of goals' from?

cracker 08-08-2018 12:10 PM

what is the point in doing well against top 6 but flop against the other 13 ???

the competition is about HOW many can u beat and NOT who u beat....

Asakura 08-08-2018 12:11 PM

when it works. they call it a masterclass lor :s13:
Quote:

Originally Posted by guile (Post 115892276)
Got chance to win against FA Cup against 'top 6' opponent Chelsea last season. Instead blew it cos he approached the game like it's a league match.

If he's not letting the players flourish and attack on the last game of the season right from the start which is win or nothing, when will he ever allow them to play their best? By the time we are trailing its too late.

Letting your opponents take the initiative while we sit back and defend and hope our luck will get better in the 2nd half wouldn't always work all the time. It'll backfire when the opponents use our tactics in the 2nd half against us as what happened in that match. Our opponents will be wiser this season.

cracker 08-08-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

it is not SAF type of attacking football....

It is about Manchester United type of football.... attack attack attack.

Doomsday 08-08-2018 12:14 PM

Actually, think Fergie left because Scholes retired. Hope someone can pull some stats on the number of games played, won and lost with and without Scholes on the pitch.