Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure why fans are so concerned with the club finances and how it should spend. That's the job of the club's money men and accountants, isn't it? If they sanction a 100m pound deal on a player tomorrow, that's because the club can obviously afford it. Supporters's job should be getting behind the manager and the team (and criticise if you support in a different way) good times or bad times. Maybe it's just me yeah. I want to see the best players play for United whether we buy them or get them from our academy. United's money is not my problem because i can't do a thing about it as i'm only a fan

Okay ranting over :s13:

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I watched the first half of the Bayern game. We aren't very good yet. Hopefully it's just the players holding back as the league starts for us in only five days. I have had a look at Leicester's pre season results and they haven't been exactly bright as well. Will be a tough game for both teams. United being at home should really edge it

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yerry Mina apparently to Everton

What is going to happen to Rojo now

Bayern trying to flog Jerome Boateng hard to United

apeape

Reaction score
Yerry Mina apparently to Everton

What is going to happen to Rojo now

Bayern trying to flog Jerome Boateng hard to United

anything but Boateng seriously. I believe McNair is better than the current Boateng.

pawn_king

Reaction score
boateng for 55mil euros...

I very much rather keep rojo. that man has utd blood in him.

apeape

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to call DavidMay, DarrenFletcher and FedericoMacheda superb at the sound of the whistle. First 2 were very reliable, and the last a spark of brilliance that fizzled out as quickly as it burst.

I find it hard as well, but they just were under SAF. Sometimes I wonder how he worked his wonders with players like Pallister, Luke Chadwick, Kieran Richardson or, gulp, David Bellion.

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure why fans are so concerned with the club finances and how it should spend. That's the job of the club's money men and accountants, isn't it? If they sanction a 100m pound deal on a player tomorrow, that's because the club can obviously afford it. Supporters's job should be getting behind the manager and the team (and criticise if you support in a different way) good times or bad times. Maybe it's just me yeah. I want to see the best players play for United whether we buy them or get them from our academy. United's money is not my problem because i can't do a thing about it as i'm only a fan

Remember Leeds United? They spent beyond their means and they collapsed. We are rich, but not a bottomless pit. I believed that Real needed a bailout, selling their stadium etc. AC Milan was bankrollled by the ex Italian PM.
Don’t bank on our owners to bankroll all our purchases. They are businessmen and they will not hesitate to pile more debts on the club even at high interests or sell us out when the time is right. I am just a normal fan but I sure don’t want to spend millions and paying over the odds for a player who is only fit to play for a lousier team like the fools.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Giving the number ten to Rashford is a piece of marketing genius from the club. And the boy himself wants it as well

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remember Leeds United? They spent beyond their means and they collapsed. We are rich, but not a bottomless pit. I believed that Real needed a bailout, selling their stadium etc. AC Milan was bankrollled by the ex Italian PM.
Don’t bank on our owners to bankroll all our purchases. They are businessmen and they will not hesitate to pile more debts on the club even at high interests or sell us out when the time is right. I am just a normal fan but I sure don’t want to spend millions and paying over the odds for a player who is only fit to play for a lousier team like the fools.

I tend to believe we have smarter and competent accountants and money men employed by the club, so we'll be fine. The club is also an absolute money making machine and will continue to do so every day because of our name and reputation. Leeds were just an isolated case. They spent what they do not have, then relegated from the premier league and that's where they went into administration. Success off the pitch is as equally important as success on it. To do that, we need the best players, a very competent manager and a very competent CEO with the board. I personally think we are well equipped with all these yeah

And your last sentence is absolutely correct

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
We are one of the richest club. Ed is doing his best to make it continue, including sacrificing some on field success. I certainly don't mind if we spend millions n millions to get players, even if it means we are in bigger debt. I don't earn any share, it doesn't affect me regardless how rich MU becomes. Even if we want to spend beyond our means, FFP is going to make us have some check and balance.

Also, MU is not Leeds, in the event Glazer/MU bankrupts, I'm sure there are tons of others want to buy the club.

On the other hand, the longer we wait for success on field, i.e. winning our next EPL or UCL, the fall will be worse compared to financial fall.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/manchester-united-in-defender-talks-as-100m-double-deal-gets-closer

Manchester United have opened talks with Bayern Munich to sign Jerome Boateng, according to a report.

United are still reportedly set to conclude a £60million deal for Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld.

And HLN claim Spurs defender Alderweireld wants to seal a deal before this week’s transfer deadline, but a move for Boateng is also likely.

Sport Bild claim United have turned their attentions to Boateng after a move for Barcelona’s Yerry Mina fell through after a row over agent fees for the Colombia defender.

The report claims United are in negotiations for the Bayern defender and are hoping to get a £44million deal for Boateng over the line before Thursday’s transfer deadline.

Paris Saint-Germain are also chasing Boateng and they have until the end of August to get the deal done as the French transfer deadline does not close until August 31.

Boateng was a substitute in Bayern’s 1-0 win over Manchester United on Sunday and afterwards Jose Mourinho was asked about his side’s interest in Boateng.

“My CEO knows for a long time what I want. I know that he is doing the best for me and I still have a few days left to see what happens,” said Mourinho

The Bundesliga giants are reportedly looking to cash in on German international this summer.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

maybe u dont care but other fans might.
how bt the fans who live there, go to every match there and buy their jerseys every season

this club always pride itself in promoting english players from youth. and it is going on. but of course we dont mind paying big money for the best players but i certainty dont agree with paying 70m pounds for a 30yr old.

2yrs later a new manager might come in and we get 32/33yr olds stuck on 250k wages with contracts to run.

im sure Ed is unwilling to spend so much on oldies hence the delay in buying players. probably get to the last day and desperate and end up paying also

but of course u dont care lah not ur money :)

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
You know what, I rather we spend all our money on buying players than spending them on serving Glazer's debt or into shareholder pocket.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but of course u dont care lah not ur money :)

Err i have never i don’t care about the money. I said i do not really understand why fans are so concerned about United’s finance. I am just a supporter from the other part of the world just like everyone here and i know i can’t do a thing about United’s finance. The most i can do is to buy a jersey or two every season to contribute to the club’s transfer budget, and probably fly once to Old Trafford every year to watch the team play if money and time allow. What i also want to see is also money invested back into the club be it transfers, stadium or facilities instead of into the Glazer’s pockets. But yeah bro, i can see your point too, nothing wrong. Perhaps we just have a different perspective on this that’s all

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You know what, I rather we spend all our money on buying players than spending them on serving Glazer's debt or into shareholder pocket.

True. I trust the calibre of the people that the club employ to take care of the business of the club, commercial, money whatever. It’s the business on the pitch that has been underwhelming so far, and we need this season to be a really good one, starting with the manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.