HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2018, 11:28 AM   #9151
Great Supremacy Member

Sit deep, press high, close gaps, I donít know what to call them if not tactics.

Instructions to the players?
I guess Mourinho wasn't too pleased with the defense so he tried to compensate it by sitting deeper lines ?

It's not really a big tactics issue

It's alot of small details that didn't sort out

Will be interesting to see how we play against stronger team now with better attacking players

We might get punished for playing a high line
Old 23-12-2018, 11:34 AM   #9152
Great Supremacy Member

I guess Mourinho wasn't too pleased with the defense so he tried to compensate it by sitting deeper lines ?

It's not really a big tactics issue

It's alot of small details that didn't sort out

Will be interesting to see how we play against stronger team now with better attacking players

We might get punished for playing a high line

End of the day Mourinho was not a good fit as manager for us
Old 23-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #9153
Great Supremacy Member

End of the day Mourinho was not a good fit as manager for us
His formula doesn't sit well with our "tradition"

Last edited by Jian19; 23-12-2018 at 11:46 AM..
Old 23-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #9154
Arch-Supremacy Member

our attack was just frightening yesterday

combination play I've not seen in years ... it's like they were told not play to like that during post SAF times.
Old 23-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #9155
High Supremacy Member

The way ole celebrate our goals last night is just like what he used to celebrate when he was a player. Still the same.
Old 23-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #9156
Arch-Supremacy Member

At least Manager is more positive....
Old 23-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #9157
High Supremacy Member

My choice of next perm manager:

1) Pochettino
2) Solskjaer
3) Zidane
Old 23-12-2018, 12:16 PM   #9158
Master Member

if we play attacking football like last night, i don't think our squad will lose to teams like chelsea, arsenal and spurs. probably 3rd or 4th place as we should have won more games but becos of negative tactics we dropped alot of points.

maybe we also won't lose to pool if we have better defence but of cos we are still far from city.
This is on hindsight, we can also be raped.
Old 23-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #9159
Arch-Supremacy Member

Winter solstice hit me with a cold, and only managed to wake up at 2am. Caught the rest of the goals, and it looked great. But from a United point of view, it was only Cardiff. Anyway, we won't have to wait long before the next game, although it shouldn't be a game that will pose too much of a problem for us.
No need to keep thinking what the problem was - JoseM is now in our history like it or not. Might as well say if DavidM stayed, RvP wouldn't be sold and maybe we wouldn't be so dour under LvG.
Once you have a ringleader who needs the right coaxing and massaging before he decides whether to play or not, it's never good. Having said that, he slowed down our counters a few times, and it might just be the way he plays. Just that Cardiff couldn't triple mark him since the others were charging forward instead of a RomeluL whom isn't considered a problem. He kinda reminds me of JuanSebVeron now - skillful, great on his day, but slow. Was it because he chose not to play for SAF? No, he just wasn't suited to the EPL.
Old 23-12-2018, 12:28 PM   #9160
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hopefully sanchez comes to life when hes back.

We didnt close shop even when we are 4-1 up..till final whistle.

Was impressed at lindelof performance.

Its not because its only cardiff..is the way we play..quick tempo..1 touch. Passing forward...not like last time. Long ball or just side passing in our halve. Park bus after 1 goal lead.

Last edited by ahbard; 23-12-2018 at 12:40 PM..
Old 23-12-2018, 12:47 PM   #9161

My choice of next perm manager:

1) Pochettino
2) Solskjaer
3) Zidane
come 6 mths if solskjaer is able to maintain clubs tradition, style of play and of cos positive results, i'd say give the job to him over poch
Old 23-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #9162
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hopefully sanchez comes to life when hes back.

We didnt close shop even when we are 4-1 up..till final whistle.

Was impressed at lindelof performance.

Its not because its only cardiff..is the way we play..quick tempo..1 touch. Passing forward...not like last time. Long ball or just side passing in our halve. Park bus after 1 goal lead.
This. At most 2 touches, quick passing, incisive and purposeful.

How many times have we seen someone like Lindelof so high up the pitch almost providing 2 assists, in our last 2 seasons?

Same with Shaw, he was hardworking, providing width, working down the left channel, always overlapping with whoever was at the left side of our game.

The versatility and freedom given to our 4 attacking players, rashford, martial, lingard and Pogba, were immense.. compared to recent games.

I know it's only Cardiff.. but come on, recently we struggled & choked with opponents we were supposedly gonna beat with ease.
Old 23-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #9163
Arch-Supremacy Member

Because in many of those games, we had a different centre forward who couldn't really pass and go. He would pass, turn, and then go. Note the commas.
Old 23-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #9164
Arch-Supremacy Member

come 6 mths if solskjaer is able to maintain clubs tradition, style of play and of cos positive results, i'd say give the job to him over poch
Keep the news ongoing for the next 6 months. We need the speculations to fark up Poch's mind, so Spurs will slip up. We need that top 4 place.
Old 23-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #9165
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am so glad you guys can now say it's only Cardiff. Previously we couldn't even beat the likes of Brighton and Huddersfield. Soon i hope we all can gradualiy say it's only Tottenham, it's only Arsenal, and then it's only City. We'll also lose some games along the way, so bit by bit let's improve
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.