HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2018, 01:26 AM   #9271

Finishing this season and even if qualify for top 4 doesn't mean OGS should be the manager for perm. I love OGS, but remember Roberto Di Matteo?
Old 26-12-2018, 05:36 AM   #9272
High Supremacy Member

Attacking? Look no further than Bielsa at Leeds United now.

Their previous match vs Aston Villa, 0-2 down in 1st half, ended up winning 3-2. End to end game, very exciting. I wanted to see Tuanzebe's performance, but he got injured before the match.

Leeds was 13th in the league, is top of the table now, with 4th best scoring record and 2nd best conceding record in league, also the best GD. All this are achieved without many major recruitment.

Guess what? Pochettino see Bielsa as a mentor. Poch's football philosophy is very much like Bielsa's, high press, attacking, high intensity, ect, just that Bielsa is a lot more crazier, that is why he is called El Loco, the mad man. If Levy plays hard ball with us about Poch, I seriously think we can poach Bielsa from Leeds. Let Bielsa take that team for 2, 3 years, Let him and the DoF build the team, and let Bielsa filter out any players that are not suitable for this style. After that, let Poch take over.

Bielsa want the players to entertain, to appreciate the fans. EArlier in the season, he asked a club official, how many hours a normal need to work to buy a Leeds ticket. He was told 3hours. Then he ordered the whole team to do cleaning outside their training ground (or match stadium) for 3 hours, to understand the hardwork that the fans need to do, in order to support the team.
Wow damn cool that idea to clean for 3 hours, to understand how hard a fan work to pay for a ticket
Old 26-12-2018, 08:34 AM   #9273
Master Member

I think for the good of the club, it is either OGS or potte

To me the board should give OGS job permanently if he can bring United at the end of the season to top 4.

But we are not the board, then some United fans need to see famous manager not OGS as manager.
Old 26-12-2018, 09:46 AM   #9274
High Supremacy Member

“Not long after I came to the club from Norway, I had a long chat with Sir Bobby Charlton,” recalled Solskjaer. “Sir Matt had passed away by then but I always remember Sir Bobby telling me about a lesson that had been passed down from him. He basically used to remind his players before every game that the people coming to watch them worked hard for a living all week. When they came to the football on a Saturday they wanted to be entertained. That is a fantastic lesson for any young player to be taught because it is the basis on which all football should be played. They are the traditions every club should want to follow.”
Interview with Ole back in 2009.
Yellowfin and Asakura like this.
Old 26-12-2018, 11:48 AM   #9275
High Supremacy Member

I work hard to pay for Mio tv sports package. I want to be entertained too (for matches before midnight).
cracker likes this.
Old 26-12-2018, 12:02 PM   #9276
Arch-Supremacy Member

Interview with Ole back in 2009.
All managers that we sign should also hear the same story from SBC during the interview process. Should include in their contract clause that the fans have to be entertained. Failure to do so and they won't get contract payout in the event they get sacked.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
Old 26-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #9277
Arch-Supremacy Member

Finishing this season and even if qualify for top 4 doesn't mean OGS should be the manager for perm. I love OGS, but remember Roberto Di Matteo?
Yeah. I remember him winning the UCL. That's the only competition beside the FA Cup we have a chance of winning at the moment.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
Old 26-12-2018, 12:13 PM   #9278

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ke-Phelan-news

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...ant-solskjaer/
Old 26-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #9279
Supremacy Member

To me the board should give OGS job permanently if he can bring United at the end of the season to top 4.

But we are not the board, then some United fans need to see famous manager not OGS as manager.
The last thing you want is a new manager coming in at the end of this season playing defensive football all over again. That will really setback the club for several yrs with some attacking players wanting to leave.

If you have young & fast attacking players you must play attacking football.
Old 26-12-2018, 01:40 PM   #9280
High Supremacy Member

I work hard to pay for Mio tv sports package. I want to be entertained too (for matches before midnight).
That one is Singtel like to chop people.

Nothing to do with working hard for the sports package

Asakura likes this.
Old 26-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #9281
High Supremacy Member

Had a sudden curiosity about where is Tom Cleverley.

He's at Watford now and scored just about one goal in 7 years for them.
Asakura likes this.
Old 26-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #9282
High Supremacy Member

That one is Singtel like to chop people.

Nothing to do with working hard for the sports package

same goes to the club raising/ charging ticket price but played boring football for almost 4 years.
Yellowfin likes this.
Old 26-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #9283
Arch-Supremacy Member

The last thing you want is a new manager coming in at the end of this season playing defensive football all over again. That will really setback the club for several yrs with some attacking players wanting to leave.

best post you wrote the entire 2018.
Old 26-12-2018, 02:31 PM   #9284
Arch-Supremacy Member

Had a sudden curiosity about where is Tom Cleverley.

He's at Watford now and scored just about one goal in 7 years for them.
best sideway passer in the league. apparently when he passed sideway the fans will applaud him!
Old 26-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #9285
Arch-Supremacy Member

The last manager tried to sell one of our best young attacking players during the summer...but kept using one of the most average defensive young players instead.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.