HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #9526
Arch-Supremacy Member

We were very measured before the goal came. A lot of control and fencing Huddersfield in. Thought Fred And DiogoD showed exactly why they weren't played much despite their promise. Very raw, and it's dangerous for the full-back position to be seen as the weakest point to exploit. While I'm all for giving them chances, perhaps it would be better to routinely have them come on at the 50/60th minute mark when leading.

Good to see the goals coming from the midfielders, gives other teams more things to worry about. Rather their defence in sixes and sevens than ours! Which then reminds me of how nice it is to see VictorL and PhilJ doing fairly well at defending high, but then going on to completely lose the player during their goal (think it was VictorL's side).

And this is always the best time of the year... simply because it doesn't take long until the next game.
Asakura likes this.
Old 27-12-2018, 11:12 AM   #9527

Anyone got the highlight link for the match?

Hello, Are you Captain Obvious?
Old 27-12-2018, 11:18 AM   #9528
Arch-Supremacy Member

Based on what I feel the two games Ole has in charged, not only Pogba, but the whole team sabotaged Jose earlier gao gao
Old 27-12-2018, 11:20 AM   #9529
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pep's City lost 2 games in a row...letting in 5 goals... sth me has never imagined....
MU start to win two, City start to lose two lolz
Old 27-12-2018, 11:41 AM   #9530
Arch-Supremacy Member

Based on what I feel the two games Ole has in charged, not only Pogba, but the whole team sabotaged Jose earlier gao gao
haha.... JM like to park bus after 1 goal, that the difference between OGS. Attack and attack, this is in his blood from SAF.
Old 27-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #9531
Arch-Supremacy Member

Good team win. Impressed with our performance last 2 games. Positive, purposeful, attacking minded. Something missing for very long. Hope we can keep this up.

Splendid save by DDG. Too bad no clean sheet for these 2 games.

Fred and Dalot still too raw, like different frequency with the rest of the team.

Shaw did very well. Matic played better last 2 games than when Mourinho was around.
Old 27-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #9532
Arch-Supremacy Member

I also think so.

Everybody like bring out another 20% easily..
Old 27-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #9533
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't think Fred and DiogoD were on a different frequency, just physically and technically slightly below the rest. Especially DiogoD, while not slow, isn't really fast either. And that's shortly into the game, so it's not a case of stamina. That might be a concern if opposing teams have really fast wingers. For Fred, it was more of his passing last night. Hit and miss. Just an off day for him, hopefully.
Asakura likes this.
Old 27-12-2018, 11:59 AM   #9534
Arch-Supremacy Member

The team looked tired at the 70 min mark. Probably not used to the new intensity
Old 27-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #9535
Master Member

My father is also a Man Utd fan, he was saying that's the way to play football. Score 1 not enough, go for 2nd and 3rd. Once opponent 3-0 down, they also lost confidence to get anything out of the game, max is chiong consolation goal or just defend to keep the scoreline low.

He also say Mourinho always play defense that's why so hard for them to score goals, and once leading 1-0, he sub out attackers for defensive players, machiam like asking opponents to come attack. Man Utd under Mourinho is cannot score cannot defend team.

Make sense? Hahaha
Old 27-12-2018, 12:13 PM   #9536
Arch-Supremacy Member

JM own tactics and negativity was bad for us
Old 27-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #9537
High Supremacy Member

The front 4 of Gomes, Lingard, Rashford and Pogba who finished the game are all from our academy.
Old 27-12-2018, 12:29 PM   #9538
High Supremacy Member

Whole team of virus, dishonest players then.

I also think so.

Everybody like bring out another 20% easily..
Old 27-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #9539
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't think Fred and DiogoD were on a different frequency, just physically and technically slightly below the rest. Especially DiogoD, while not slow, isn't really fast either. And that's shortly into the game, so it's not a case of stamina. That might be a concern if opposing teams have really fast wingers. For Fred, it was more of his passing last night. Hit and miss. Just an off day for him, hopefully.
I hope so too. Fred was a bit careless with his passing ytd.. got Jones super angry at one point.
Old 27-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #9540
Arch-Supremacy Member

Whole team of virus, dishonest players then.
I can't exactly term it dishonest.. but maybe his tactics and man management skills weren't optimal in bringing out the best in the players lor.

Last 2 games I can tell the players are enjoying themselves, esp. Pogba. Lindelof, Lingard and Shaw also has more freedom now.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.