HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #9571
High Supremacy Member

I think LKK will perform better, from Observation, the gap btw midfield and attack is smaller and closer under OGS, the attacker received more support from teammates. LKK’s heavy first touches especially long balls from deep under Jose made him struggling.
as long as they play ball to his feet while he running behind so that he can face the goal, his form will surely pick up. LKK may not be a elite class striker, but he is good enough to destroy 70-80% of the teams in EPL. With proper coaching and right way of using him, he will be good again. Even Roberto Martinez can use him so well, why OGS cannot?
Old 27-12-2018, 09:56 PM   #9572
High Supremacy Member

Giggs: "What can you do with Rashford, to improve him?"
OGS: "What we can do with him is use him more, because I dont think the team is used to his runs. If you just watch him, the amount of runs and the good runs he makes in second half when we're 2-0 up and 3-0 up and he makes runs in behind which...look for him earlier, because that's his strength with his pace. And I'll work on his finishing, just settle down a little bit. He's got a great strike from outside the box and inside the box we'll just keep on working on being cool and calm and pass it past the keeper."

Source:https://www.tv2.no/sport/10306144/
It is region locked, use a Norway VPN to watch. It is in English.
Yes, have a plan how to improve him, rather than using him to prove that he uses youth, and throw him under the bus when he is not doing well.
Old 27-12-2018, 10:00 PM   #9573
Arch-Supremacy Member

Placing important in defence doesn't mean park bus for 0-0. SAF also don't throw kitchen sink from minute one. Things don't have to be binary you know? Just like failing in Man Utd doesn't means JM is bad manager. Pep and Kloop both have spent more money in defence department than anywhere else for example.
JM is not a bad manager. Until he starts blaming everyone else. Then it goes down. It seems binary to him. He said it, he can't attack if we can't defend. That's why certain players aren't given much opportunity to play until he solve his defensive solution. Too obsessive with our weaknesses until he forgot the player's and the team's strengths.

He said he does it to find balance in the team. If maintaining a negative or 0 goal difference is balance to him.. Then I'll rather the balance is tipped in favour of our attacks.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
Old 27-12-2018, 10:09 PM   #9574
High Supremacy Member

#MUtrivia
Diogo Dalot was officially the fastest player on the pitch at Old Trafford, after registering a top speed of 34.69 KPH.

https://www.manutd.com/en/quotes/det...ld-mu-trivia-7
Old 27-12-2018, 10:14 PM   #9575
High Supremacy Member

Only care about ManUtd, don't really bother who else is champion. It is meaningless if it is not ManUtd.

By the way, Leeds United with another come back win.
Old 27-12-2018, 10:44 PM   #9576
Arch-Supremacy Member

JM own tactics and negativity was bad for us
His tactics works but not all the time. Works esp during the slippy G incident,lpool all out attack but cannot penetrate.

Tbh that game made me like defensive tactic.
Old 27-12-2018, 10:58 PM   #9577
Supremacy Member

OGS: "What we can do with him is use him more, because I dont think the team is used to his runs. If you just watch him, the amount of runs and the good runs he makes in second half when we're 2-0 up and 3-0 up and he makes runs in behind which...look for him earlier, because that's his strength with his pace. And I'll work on his finishing, just settle down a little bit. He's got a great strike from outside the box and inside the box we'll just keep on working on being cool and calm and pass it past the keeper."

Yes, have a plan how to improve him, rather than using him to prove that he uses youth, and throw him under the bus when he is not doing well.
Lukaku & Sanchez also need to improve on their finishing.
Old 27-12-2018, 11:41 PM   #9578

Is it just me or do I feel Rashford wasted a lot chances yesterday?
A good point you spotted. He's getting a lot of chances than before.

Even back in Andy Cole's days, he gets to miss 9 chances, but scored that 10th chance to win the game.

Earlier this season, is that pathetic few chances. Wasted and that's it for us.
Old 28-12-2018, 12:02 AM   #9579
Arch-Supremacy Member

JM is not a bad manager. Until he starts blaming everyone else. Then it goes down. It seems binary to him. He said it, he can't attack if we can't defend. That's why certain players aren't given much opportunity to play until he solve his defensive solution. Too obsessive with our weaknesses until he forgot the player's and the team's strengths.

He said he does it to find balance in the team. If maintaining a negative or 0 goal difference is balance to him.. Then I'll rather the balance is tipped in favour of our attacks.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
all the teams that did well for him he always took the brunt on for the players during the onslaught from the press.

after his time at RM, he just seems to have changed.
Old 28-12-2018, 12:46 AM   #9580
Arch-Supremacy Member

#MUtrivia
Diogo Dalot was officially the fastest player on the pitch at Old Trafford, after registering a top speed of 34.69 KPH.

Then that's not a good sign for the defence because he wasn't fast enough to catch whoever he was supposed to mark. More work for either VictorL or ChrisS who plays on the right side.
Old 28-12-2018, 12:49 AM   #9581
Supremacy Member

Massimiliano Allegri wants job, Ed Woodward could land dream team

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...Tottenham-News
Old 28-12-2018, 07:44 AM   #9582
High Supremacy Member

#MUtrivia

But he was outpaced in the huddershield match.. twice i think..
Asakura likes this.
Old 28-12-2018, 09:26 AM   #9583
Master Member

But he was outpaced in the huddershield match.. twice i think..
His position too high up.
He can have the best speed over say 100m, but that Huddersfield was able to run fast over 200m with the ball some more...

Dalot has the smartness in him to drift in unoticed, just not getting enough balls his side.
Asakura likes this.
Old 28-12-2018, 09:40 AM   #9584
Master Member

Is Ole having a lesson in man management or personal grooming like Becks on how to present himself? Meanwhile he is saying all the right things..

Rashford powerful shots when scored is a joy to watch, when off target we will ask why don't go for placement like Martial.

Ole knows it as an attacker coach n ex striker. I am loving it.

Last edited by 19dino; 28-12-2018 at 09:47 AM..
Old 28-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #9585
High Supremacy Member

When we go we go, pressing first ones! Now we are at home now, we go strong we start strong

https://twitter.com/manunitedzone_/s...236496386?s=21
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.