HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2018, 10:47 AM   #1291
Great Supremacy Member

you urself said it. work with what you got. he got an entire squad of very good players to work with. now you whinning about not getting one defender

What good players?? Players with good potential before they were bought? Or players playing good football for the club now?

Every transfer comes with the expectation that the player bought can fulfill their potential with their skill, athleticism, teamwork and heart week in week out for the club.

We, Man Utd, are not a mediocre club. I say, despite the on-field performances since SAF retired, we are still a world class club. Before we slide into 20 year mediocrity, duds, deadwood and cancer need to be culled asap and replaced by players/manager who can deliver results which are up to expectation.

A player is only good for us if he performs consistently at 99-120% of expectation when donning our kit in competitions.

Over the course of the last 2 seasons, and this pre-season, the manager can see who is not performing as expected, us fans can see for ourselves too.

The pre-season transfer debacle showed that Mourinho was trying to do his job by demanding that the standard of players be upped to at least match the other teams who have already surpassed us or are on the up.

Having seen what our current bunch has done in the last 2 seasons, can we honestly say we have that standard to be a contender for any honors now? The keyword is now...

Our club needs to be equipped to challenge for silverware as we have done in the last 20+ years and should always continue to do so.

just my 2 cents after all the crap I've seen from the players in the last few years.
Old 20-08-2018, 10:48 AM   #1292

and look what happened to kevin de bruyne now for coming back 1 week earlier then the england boys.
And the club is hitting goals like no tomorrow, 2 wins now.

Hello Captain Obvious, when is your movie coming out???
Old 20-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #1293
Arch-Supremacy Member

And the club is hitting goals like no tomorrow, 2 wins now.
their bench and players that didn't go to the world cup is already a first team itself.....
Asakura likes this.
Old 20-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #1294
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes, all in all a very bad day yesterday. But I do hope JoseM starts coming out with a more fixed starting 11. Doesn't help we have such a big squad and everyone needs to be kept happy because as one "big" player said, he plays better when happy. (of course I call that BS)
Would we have been better with AlexisS yesterday? I don't know, but we'd probably see more intent and drive to get forward.
And yes, I think LukeS put in a good shift yesterday, though he'll need some more time to develop an on-pitch understanding with whoever is going to be the more regular left winger/forward.
Let's see how we do against Spurs next Monday night.
Old 20-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #1295
Great Supremacy Member

Old 20-08-2018, 10:53 AM   #1296
Great Supremacy Member

Old 20-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #1297

their bench and players that didn't go to the world cup is already a first team itself.....
No wonder... diff too big. We too slack. So long still haven get back fitness.

Hello Captain Obvious, when is your movie coming out???
Old 20-08-2018, 10:56 AM   #1298
Arch-Supremacy Member

No wonder... diff too big. We too slack. So long still haven get back fitness.
it's no secret they have a bigger squad than us .....

considering that there are reserve players playing in our pre-season games it's already quite clear ain't in?

Not sure if the pre-season injuries to the non world cup going players during pre season meant we were slack tho......
Old 20-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #1299
Master Member

How to clear when no one buying our defender and people are charging so high for people we want?

If i'm woody and with books to balance, i also won't go out and buy a CD.
The result last night was a no surprise. Saw it coming by the end of the last season and seeing that the club is sticking to its manager, we just have to sit back and leave it to them.

Crying and shouting or getting high blood pressure won't help.

Whom they want to buy, whom they want to sell, whom they want as manager is not within what we can control.

Unlike the days of PhD when we know that the club will get rid of him when the fans went berserk, this time around I can see that the club is prepared to hang on to the manager and let him work things out.

This being the case, as fans we will just have to wait and see whether we will see another Sir Alex. Sad to say, the first sign isn't good. While Sir Alex will work closely with the people on top of him and live with whatever that he had or that the club can afford and make the football do the talking, the manager is shouting aloud his disgruntle before the season even started. So, what would we expect.

So while we can shout as much as we want and bash at each other from our varying views on the situations developing and the different position that we may take, we are not going to change things if the club cannot get the unity and solving the situation in front of us.
Old 20-08-2018, 10:59 AM   #1300
Arch-Supremacy Member

keep calm and support
Old 20-08-2018, 11:05 AM   #1301
Arch-Supremacy Member

What good players?? Players with good potential before they were bought? Or players playing good football for the club now?

Every transfer comes with the expectation that the player bought can fulfill their potential with their skill, athleticism, teamwork and heart week in week out for the club.

We, Man Utd, are not a mediocre club. I say, despite the on-field performances since SAF retired, we are still a world class club. Before we slide into 20 year mediocrity, duds, deadwood and cancer need to be culled asap and replaced by players/manager who can deliver results which are up to expectation.

A player is only good for us if he performs consistently at 99-120% of expectation when donning our kit in competitions.

Over the course of the last 2 seasons, and this pre-season, the manager can see who is not performing as expected, us fans can see for ourselves too.

The pre-season transfer debacle showed that Mourinho was trying to do his job by demanding that the standard of players be upped to at least match the other teams who have already surpassed us or are on the up.

Having seen what our current bunch has done in the last 2 seasons, can we honestly say we have that standard to be a contender for any honors now? The keyword is now...

Our club needs to be equipped to challenge for silverware as we have done in the last 20+ years and should always continue to do so.

just my 2 cents after all the crap I've seen from the players in the last few years.
not sure how can you come out with this kind of statement? no good players in the squad?

i stand by what i say. our entire squad is enough to beat most teams in the league

like what i have said. JM is given more than enough financial support to build his team for the past 2years+. look at the amount of money spent and time given

from pogba world record transfer. to matic, lukaku, sanchez. even ddg
these players are definitely good enough.
isnt it the job of the manager to keep them motivated and play to their true abilities instead of constantly whacking them in the press?

or just sell them and spend millions again and hope the new player perform
is this what is happening to this club?

i dont think for once buying a new defender can miraculously turn us into a title contender

just look at the general gameplay and tactics we are deploying for the past few years?
Old 20-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #1302
Great Supremacy Member

Speaking immediately after the Red Devils were beaten 3-2 by Brighton, Pogba admitted his attitude was not good enough and that Brighton were hungrier than United. He said: ‘My attitude was not right. It has to be a big lesson for us. They had more hunger than us.

I put myself first, that my attitude wasn’t right enough. We made mistakes we shouldn’t make.’

But Scholes, who won 11 Premier League titles at Manchester United, was shocked by Pogba’s admission and said there was ‘no defence’ for the captain’s comments. ‘I hope that is lost in translation,’ the legendary midfielder said. ‘There is no defence for that comment, there is no defence for it.

‘You say it to yourself, don’t you? You’re constantly saying to yourself: “Attitude right, make sure it’s right.” ‘You don’t need other people to tell you. You don’t need a manager to tell you that or your team-mates.’
Old 20-08-2018, 11:12 AM   #1303
High Supremacy Member

not sure how can you come out with this kind of statement? no good players in the squad?

i stand by what i say. our entire squad is enough to beat most teams in the league

like what i have said. JM is given more than enough financial support to build his team for the past 2years+. look at the amount of money spent and time given

from pogba world record transfer. to matic, lukaku, sanchez. even ddg
these players are definitely good enough.
isnt it the job of the manager to keep them motivated and play to their true abilities instead of constantly whacking them in the press?

or just sell them and spend millions again and hope the new player perform
is this what is happening to this club?

i dont think for once buying a new defender can miraculously turn us into a title contender

just look at the general gameplay and tactics we are deploying for the past few years?
i will stick with jose till at least end of season?

any good replacement can solve our problem?

giggs, zidane or even scholes..

sorry jose still the best...at this moment

unless u can ask SAF come back...no other choice...
Old 20-08-2018, 11:18 AM   #1304
Arch-Supremacy Member

i will stick with jose till at least end of season?

any good replacement can solve our problem?

giggs, zidane or even scholes..

sorry jose still the best...at this moment

unless u can ask SAF come back...no other choice...
i support JM as long as he's the manager and want him to succeed

im just not buying into the reason we have to keep buying and buying for the poor performances on the pitch.

pog looks like totally different player playing for juve and france
just like sanchez, he's the star player for arsenal and in the epl for the past few year and yet he look out of place in this team

just saw a guy comment this

esandwich wrote:
for me, the problem is moanrino. give him bale, ronaldo, messi also no use. wat more a willian or maguire.
Old 20-08-2018, 11:19 AM   #1305
Great Supremacy Member

past 4-5 seasons they been recruiting a lot of first team players, and are actually the main stays in the lineup.
most expensive ones made up their defensive backline. Walker, Laporte, Stones, Mendy

this year made 8 signings, got Mahrez, Sandler(backup centreback) the rest all go into academy

most of our signings, all the way back till 2014-15 are sold, haven't claim a place in the team
it's no secret they have a bigger squad than us .....
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.