Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2018, 01:22 PM   #1336
Arch-Supremacy Member

if you watch IMG aka mio Broadcast post show Scholes also said

"You can't totally blame the manager here , the mistake made are done by individual mistake..."

So don't blame jose totally here ...he is the best we got since SAF..
i wont blame him totally but i blame him mostly (my own opinion)

not just on this match alone but the last 2yrs

he wanted the players
after spending 500m
he got the players
he put the players he bought and wanted into the lineup
he gave the instructions to them
he gave all the tactics and gameplay to them

so either the players are not good enough(which i really don't think is the case)

or his tactics is out of touch
it's effective to a certain point against certain teams
but i dont like parking bus and hope to get a goal by counter attack
and also hoofing the ball upfield to afro and hope for the best

i would much prefer go toe to toe against any team in the league because in my view our players can do it. and even if we lost the match, we would have tried to play the way this club has always done since SAF days, which is to play attacking football

and lastly his constantly bashing of certain players in public in the past 2 years could have negative impact on those players. they could have less desire/motivation to fight for him and translated on the pitch
Old 20-08-2018, 01:25 PM   #1337
High Supremacy Member

Can JM go on leave for 2 wks and see what happens to the team?
Old 20-08-2018, 01:47 PM   #1338
Supremacy Member

i wont blame him totally but i blame him mostly (my own opinion)

not just on this match alone but the last 2yrs

he wanted the players
after spending 500m
he got the players
he put the players he bought and wanted into the lineup
he gave the instructions to them
he gave all the tactics and gameplay to them

so either the players are not good enough(which i really don't think is the case)

or his tactics is out of touch
it's effective to a certain point against certain teams
but i dont like parking bus and hope to get a goal by counter attack
and also hoofing the ball upfield to afro and hope for the best

i would much prefer go toe to toe against any team in the league because in my view our players can do it. and even if we lost the match, we would have tried to play the way this club has always done since SAF days, which is to play attacking football

and lastly his constantly bashing of certain players in public in the past 2 years could have negative impact on those players. they could have less desire/motivation to fight for him and translated on the pitch
His tactic is to defend and hit on counters
Nothing wrong with it

Last 2 years defending was an issue but already we got lindelof and baily still defending CMi but with matic we looked better

Attacking supposed to be quick and fast but JM target old players who are past their best like sanchez.

Lucky board rejected the funds to get all the 29/30 players.

The sad thing is He is trying to get rid of talented young players and this has created a bad dresing room environment.
All the players are starting to dislike him same like his third yr at chelsea

Theatre of dream has become nightmare

Last edited by white_prince; 20-08-2018 at 01:53 PM..
Old 20-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #1339
Arch-Supremacy Member

if you watch IMG aka mio Broadcast post show Scholes also said

"You can't totally blame the manager here , the mistake made are done by individual mistake..."

So don't blame jose totally here ...he is the best we got since SAF..
I blame him for not making sure the players he have don't make anymore individual mistakes. By not training them properly, by not playing to their strengths, by not making sure a player's weakness if any (identified by him) is sufficiently covered by another player and ensure they play as a TEAM.

The team he puts our there today is more like to prove to the board "I told you so we need another defender". He could have kept TFM from going out to loan and playing him at RB to tide by the time till our injured players are back...but nope, lets just make our squad even thinner and worsen the injury crisis by playing a makeshift RB. Let's partner him with a RW who can't defend for nuts and hope for a miracle that the opponent doesn't attack that flank.

By saying its all individual mistakes, he's putting the blame on the players...but not on himself, his tactics and his team selection. That's what he does best anyway. It's always someone else's fault when things go wrong...when things go right, he's the special one. His subs work, his tactics work etc. He put in 3 early subs, that's his plan B. It didn't work cos he simply have no clue on how to attack. We scored late in stoppage time and through what? a PK? So his plan B is to pump in the ball from defence and hope to get a PK?
Old 20-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #1340
Arch-Supremacy Member

His tactic is to defend and hit on counters
Last 2 years defending was an issue but already we got lindelof and baily still defending CMi
Attacking supposed to be quick and fast but JM target old players who are past their best like sanchez.
Lucky board rejected the funds to get all the 29/30 players.
He is trying to get rid of talented young players and this has created a bad dresing room environment.
All the players are starting to dislike him same like his third yr at chelsea

Theatre of dream has become nightmare
this is actually a thorny issue as supporters here dont give a f, want 29/30 players because they are seen as quick fixes

and able to bring back silver wares asap
Old 20-08-2018, 02:22 PM   #1341
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am a very patient guy, i can wait for possible or eventual success if we have to go through ups and downs like these. And i think the United board are as well, seeing the amount of time they gave to Moyes and Louis before deciding enough is enough. But i have to say Ed wasn’t very impressed by what he saw after the final whistle last night, that was a look of disapproval and disgust

First defeat and is already a crisis? I am not going to blame Ed or Jose, both of them need to do better at their jobs instead of going on their individual wars or agendas. There is no more Sir Alex to knit everything together all by himself now. I think the players know Ed obviously has the power though
Old 20-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #1342

20yrs ago you can slowly introduce a young team and grow them. Bring forward 2018 coming to 2019 20yrs later, you cannot do this now.

Manchester united is no longer JUST a football club. It is now a business. Business need success.

Hello, Are you Captain Obvious?
Old 20-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #1343
High Supremacy Member

Best?
Really hard to define the word 'best'
then u tell me today who should we get?

at least he get us 2nd from teams after SAF 7th , 4th and 5th rem?
Old 20-08-2018, 02:28 PM   #1344
Arch-Supremacy Member

20yrs ago you can slowly introduce a young team and grow them. Bring forward 2018 coming to 2019 20yrs later, you cannot do this now.

Manchester united is no longer JUST a football club. It is now a business. Business need success.
yes but you need to back up with the money you spent and answerable to the board as well

600-700m pounds spent on players and what did they achieve? can anyone really blame ed?

what should he be telling the board.
Old 20-08-2018, 02:30 PM   #1345
Great Supremacy Member

those were Scholes words
By saying its all individual mistakes, he's putting the blame on the players...but not on himself, his tactics and his team selection. That's what he does best anyway. It's always someone else's fault when things go wrong...when things go right, he's the special one. His subs work, his tactics work etc. He put in 3 early subs, that's his plan B. It didn't work cos he simply have no clue on how to attack. We scored late in stoppage time and through what? a PK? So his plan B is to pump in the ball from defence and hope to get a PK?

this is what JM said..

The Portuguese conceded his squad made "big mistakes" in their second game of the Premier League season but refused to single anyone out for blame.

"Look, when I speak about individual displays and am critical with my players, you don't accept it," Mourinho told Sky after the game. "The press and pundits criticise when I go in that direction.

"I'll analyse my players' performances when they are very good. When I can't do that, don't push me to the other side."

Mourinho suggested he had taken reaction to his comments last season to heart, telling the BBC: "I have to learn from my reality."

Last edited by Asakura; 20-08-2018 at 03:18 PM..
Old 20-08-2018, 02:30 PM   #1346
Arch-Supremacy Member

Zidane is the hot flavour now lor. I bet Ed will be selling the Man United brand to him soon

I actually dunno how to see him. On one hand he won the CL three times in a row so there must be something there in him. On the other hand, is he tactically better than say someone like Giggsy, never mind Jose
Old 20-08-2018, 02:33 PM   #1347
High Supremacy Member

yes but you need to back up with the money you spent and answerable to the board as well

600-700m pounds spent on players and what did they achieve? can anyone really blame ed?

what should he be telling the board.
This season he can tell the board he saved about 150m, can distribute to shareholders as dividends! Shareholders damn happy!
Old 20-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #1348
Master Member

Mourinho already dropped hint that see where we are in Dec/Jan.
Nothing much has changed though, still same clueless football. Defend/Counter Attack? Hmm I don't even see us doing a decent counter attack tbh.
We lost the "fear factor" on the pitch, all teams are motivated to attack us. Take for instance Huddersfield, they literally parked the whole bus against City last night and City attack came left right centre. This is the kind of Fear Factor which City has created under Pep. Don't we used to do this too? I agree it's a long process to regain our identity but after spending so much money, we still can't attack properly?
Old 20-08-2018, 02:40 PM   #1349
Great Supremacy Member

also a defensive setup. the difference is his attacking players are miles ahead of ours
Zidane is the hot flavour now lor. I bet Ed will be selling the Man United brand to him soon

I actually dunno how to see him. On one hand he won the CL three times in a row so there must be something there in him. On the other hand, is he tactically better than say someone like Giggsy, never mind Jose
Old 20-08-2018, 02:40 PM   #1350
Arch-Supremacy Member

AM11 looks like he is slowly out the door. Given the chance yesterday, i fail to see how he deserved it. He only has that many chances to prove he has a future at United (let alone another club)

AP and Fred too raw, not used to the intensity of BPL football yet. Fumbles a bit when closed down quickly.. still needs a bit of time to bed in

My humble take on JM, next few games extremely impt to show this 'rot' that started from pre-season is nothing more than a fluke. The pressure has been building up on him (though i feel slightly unfairly). Match commentators are all against him - nothing positive was said about united at all.. and this was before the first goal!!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.