Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Like Tree661Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2018, 05:42 PM   #1396
Arch-Supremacy Member

those were Scholes words

this is what JM said..

The Portuguese conceded his squad made "big mistakes" in their second game of the Premier League season but refused to single anyone out for blame.

"Look, when I speak about individual displays and am critical with my players, you don't accept it," Mourinho told Sky after the game. "The press and pundits criticise when I go in that direction.

"I'll analyse my players' performances when they are very good. When I can't do that, don't push me to the other side."

Mourinho suggested he had taken reaction to his comments last season to heart, telling the BBC: "I have to learn from my reality."

Yeah i'm sure he's not referring to himself unless he's the one kicking the ball on the pitch. Notice the way he stress the word mistakes. Of course he is not going to name names, there's just too many to name, its almost all the players mistakes. And I repeat, its always the players mistakes individually or as a whole, but never his. Did he ever acknowledge its his mistake for bringing in flops? Will you trust a manager who can't even get the best out of the players he brought in some being sold/exchange/ship off/kept in the cold after half season with a new more expensive player he is recommending? Can anyone name 1 player he brought it that performed ABOVE expectations. I can only name Matic who has performed as expected while the rest were well below par from what they are capable of doing.

I think the biggest mistake is still keeping him for the 3rd season.

A good manager will make mediocre players great, a bad manager will turn good players mediocre.
Old 20-08-2018, 06:18 PM   #1397

This is what is worrying:

It is difficult to assess a team's effort but some of the statistics did not make for pretty reading. United covered only 99.5 kilometres against Brighton, compared to the 108.5 kilometres ran by the home team.

In doing so, Mourinho's men became only the third team this season to fail to run 100 kilometres in a Premier League match - and that includes several sides who had to play for a significant period with 10 men.

But it was also the intensity of the performance. United made only 74 sprints against Brighton. No team in the Premier League this season has made fewer sprints in a game.

"The fact that they did not try that hard to get back into the game is the most damning thing for me," added Redknapp. "I have never seen a team lacking so much desire to get back into a game."
Old 20-08-2018, 06:46 PM   #1398
High Supremacy Member

Waiting for JM to be sacked..heís joining the #sackrace
Old 20-08-2018, 07:06 PM   #1399
Arch-Supremacy Member

Waiting for JM to be sacked..heís joining the #sackrace
Not so soon...cos we will beat Spurs and all will be well for a week and yesterday's match forgotten. Spurs traditionally don't win at OT no matter how well they play.
Old 20-08-2018, 07:20 PM   #1400
High Supremacy Member

It is difficult to assess a team's effort but some of the statistics did not make for pretty reading. United covered only 99.5 kilometres against Brighton, compared to the 108.5 kilometres ran by the home team.

In doing so, Mourinho's men became only the third team this season to fail to run 100 kilometres in a Premier League match - and that includes several sides who had to play for a significant period with 10 men.

But it was also the intensity of the performance. United made only 74 sprints against Brighton. No team in the Premier League this season has made fewer sprints in a game.

"The fact that they did not try that hard to get back into the game is the most damning thing for me," added Redknapp. "I have never seen a team lacking so much desire to get back into a game."

the statement in red has been the issue in the last few years...
the motivation, the drive were no longer there.
Old 20-08-2018, 07:33 PM   #1401
Supremacy Member

Sounds like JM third year at Chelski same thing is happening here
Old 20-08-2018, 07:37 PM   #1402
Arch-Supremacy Member

They are not playing the United way. They play for themselves rather for their team mates or the team effort.

It is the whole club culture that have change. It is like United way of playing has lost it way.
Old 20-08-2018, 07:48 PM   #1403
Arch-Supremacy Member

So what is the United way? Sir Alex has moved on and is no longer in charge of the football club. David Gill is no longer CEO. Can someone proper tell me? What is now the United way?
Old 20-08-2018, 07:54 PM   #1404
Arch-Supremacy Member

Before SAF, United way is always attacking football. Like someone mention above, not winning cup and league but United alway attack.

Not like recently, alway wait for other teammates to catch up and then pass around. The players alway find ways to shoot at goal inside the box or outside the box.

United midfield hardly shoot at goal or when they shoot at goal,it seem like they are the defender rather than attackers.

Last edited by Yellowfin; 20-08-2018 at 07:57 PM..
Old 20-08-2018, 07:55 PM   #1405
High Supremacy Member

I think we need a director of football now as the main priority....

The rest will take care of itself
Old 20-08-2018, 08:04 PM   #1406
Supremacy Member

No urgency through out the match. Lucky life line given yet decided to slow down and take own sweet time. I really think these group of players are expensive flops. Pogba 80mil avg United player. Maybe should just dropped him haha. With him united is play is painful to watch without him cant be any worst right haha.

Sell Martial..
Old 20-08-2018, 08:20 PM   #1407
High Supremacy Member

So what is the United way? Sir Alex has moved on and is no longer in charge of the football club. David Gill is no longer CEO. Can someone proper tell me? What is now the United way?
The "United Way" is attacking football .... left and right wing cheong down the flank and cross the ball for the strikers to finish it off.... typical English way aka 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 system

Fergie realised that was not the way to operate successfully especially in the European theatre after the 1999 success... and there were changes to the system the 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 or whatever. still there was exciting football...

It seems to me that Moyes, Gaal, Jose were more concern in not losing a game compare to winning. I may be wrong.
Old 20-08-2018, 08:31 PM   #1408
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just saying bro, this article doesn't mean much to me as this season, only 2 rounds of games so far.

but, agree with general message. no running, everyone standing, very static. Martial and Mata looked like they were 40 given the number of sprints they did to stretch the play
Old 20-08-2018, 08:34 PM   #1409
Arch-Supremacy Member

The "United Way" is attacking football .... left and right wing cheong down the flank and cross the ball for the strikers to finish it off.... typical English way aka 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 system

Fergie realised that was not the way to operate successfully especially in the European theatre after the 1999 success... and there were changes to the system the 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 or whatever. still there was exciting football...

It seems to me that Moyes, Gaal, Jose were more concern in not losing a game compare to winning. I may be wrong.
Yes i would say this is correct. Most of us grew up watching attacking football at United, wingplay and all that, but that was during Sir Alex time

I think every manager has their own or unique style. Why would we want to or try to enforce the United way upon them? Why not let them build a team of their own their own way? Of course i do miss the old times, but we have to move on. There is no more United way. You bring in ZZ, Poch, Simeone tomorrow they will also play their own way. If you want the old United way, bring in Ryan Giggs lor. You all want? But my opinion lah, donít have to agree
Old 20-08-2018, 08:44 PM   #1410
Arch-Supremacy Member

Before SAF, United already playing attacking football. That is the history of United.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.