HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Like Tree383Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #5101
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pogba is seldom consistent playing for Man Utd. If Man Utd missed out on top 4 place by 1 point or on goal difference, this penalty miss would prove to be very costly.
It's not totally his fault though
Ball is rd
I'm Glad that Ole emphasise on consistency and Wun be changing much of our starters
Old 20-08-2019, 02:51 PM   #5102
Great Supremacy Member

This Lingard is seldom serious when playing for Man Utd. How often has Lingard scored? You need midfielders & wingers who can score consistently if you are going to be in the top 4 or competing for the title.

Ferguson's midfielders & wingers were consistently able to score goals.
Lingard has yet to score or assist in a competitive match in 2019

and he is already 26, not young anymore to talk about potential
Old 20-08-2019, 02:53 PM   #5103
Suspended

Pogs won the penalty and took responsibility to take it himself. Pity he missed lor, otherwise he’ll be a fans hero this morning

Last season same 2 fixtures - 1 point
This season - 4 points
Improvement lah if wanna look at like that

We have 4 points, City have 4. I take them as benchmark, we cannot lag them too far away
Huh what kind of mentality? We have fallen so far behind lol, draw with Wolves also can say is improvement!
Old 20-08-2019, 02:59 PM   #5104
Arch-Supremacy Member

Rashford scoring form is also questionable. Martial is a better scorer & finisher than Rashford.
Rashford and Martial will rotate for that forward role so I'm happy to see both of them starts, doesn't really matter who start as wing
Old 20-08-2019, 03:17 PM   #5105
Arch-Supremacy Member

Huh what kind of mentality? We have fallen so far behind lol, draw with Wolves also can say is improvement!
No instead United should have won 10-0. Rashford is crap, Maguire is a flop, Pogba is a selfish twat. Yeah Wolves should have opened legs big big at their ground and rolled over

Don't bring your stupid edmw mentality into here
chengsun likes this.
Old 20-08-2019, 03:40 PM   #5106
Arch-Supremacy Member

Currently rashford and pogba ish the team PK taker

They need to square out who is taking it as first choice
The manager should be the one that decide who to replace as penalty taker if the players keep missing/fail to score in a penalty.

Somehow, the EPL keepers able to read which side Pogba is going to shoot at goal.

Pogba need to replace by someone if the next few penalties Pogba not able to score. Or he has no luck in taking penalty.
Old 20-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #5107
Supremacy Member

1 set of players in the first half and come second half, the starting 15 minutes totally different plays.

AWB needs to improve his attacking and the right wing is still questionable. Not difficult to see that the midfield lacked ideas and wholly depended on Pogba to create. How i wished there were at least another creator to assist him. The other creative playmaker in Mata was on the bench and did not came off until 10 minutes left. sigh.
Old 20-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #5108
Supremacy Member

Would prefer to see Andreas start than James. James still very raw and his strength is his pace, his crossing is the same as Lord Young, doesnít pass the first defender.

Plus we lack a set piece taker. Corners are taken by Shaw... like 🙄
Not to mention that ridiculous free kick by Rashy.

Hope to see AP15 replace Prospect Lingard and Greenwood taking the RW and give it a go over there.
I LOLed at that free kick. Really like never put effort to kick the ball. Think Wolves see also
Old 20-08-2019, 04:23 PM   #5109
Supremacy Member

The manager should be the one that decide who to replace as penalty taker if the players keep missing/fail to score in a penalty.

Somehow, the EPL keepers able to read which side Pogba is going to shoot at goal.

Pogba need to replace by someone if the next few penalties Pogba not able to score. Or he has no luck in taking penalty.
Just saw the pop-up.
Pogba is among the worst PK takers in the history of EPL.
It is not wrong for us to rant since we cannot afford to drop unnecessary points because of personal achievement/glory.
Every game affects the morale of the team for the next game.

Last edited by white_prince; 20-08-2019 at 04:26 PM..
Old 20-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #5110

Din watch the match so couldnt comment much.
Yes, of course disappointed to draw to Wolves.

But look at it this way, last season we lost both Home and Away to Wolves (correct me if i wrong).

Now that we are away at Wolves, a draw is considered ok la...not end of the world...

Because based on some of the comments here and in other discussion media groups, it sure felt like majiam this is the last game of the season and because of this draw, we being relegated due to 1 point difference between 17th and 18th spot.
Asakura likes this.
Old 20-08-2019, 05:32 PM   #5111
Greater Supremacy Member

Lingard has yet to score or assist in a competitive match in 2019

and he is already 26, not young anymore to talk about potential
super late bloomer ?

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 20-08-2019, 05:34 PM   #5112
Greater Supremacy Member

wolves is no pushover..

kind of expect a draw before the match
Asakura likes this.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 20-08-2019, 05:41 PM   #5113
Arch-Supremacy Member

Exactly

A draw and itís a setback? Plenty of more games to go and for you all to whine. Today in my opinion isnít. Wolves will give City and Spurs a game themselves at their ground. Next week is the one that if we cannot get three points against Palace, you can guarantee iíll be the first after the game to whine for a week. Yes it could and should be a perfect six points but penalty misses happen in football. The next time Rashford misses one we will see the same lot pounces on him like they did on Pogba. I have no problem with no designated penalty takers because we donít have a good one really since Irwin, Cantona, CR7 and Ruud
Old 20-08-2019, 05:45 PM   #5114

Exactly

A draw and itís a setback? Plenty of more games to go and for you all to whine. Today in my opinion isnít. Wolves will give City and Spurs a game themselves at their ground. Next week is the one that if we cannot get three points against Palace, you can guarantee iíll be the first after the game to whine for a week. Yes it could and should be a perfect six points but penalty misses happen in football. The next time Rashford misses one we will see the same lot pounces on him like they did on Pogba. I have no problem with no designated penalty takers because we donít have a good one really since Irwin, Cantona, CR7 and Ruud
aahhh...RVN...
I will never forget his first touches!
Berbatov too!
Old 20-08-2019, 05:47 PM   #5115
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why the hell lingard is still in the starting lineup? Missed a two clear cut chances with poor volley and first touch. Can anyone tell me why? If he takes this two chances seriously, man utd will definitely win this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.