Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
UTD UNSCRIPTED: DAYS I'LL REMEMBER ALL MY LIFE...
Gary NevillebyGary Neville13 February 2019 14:00

At the time, I was on £29.50 a week, plus £10 expenses. That's what we all got paid.

Becks, Butty, me, all of us. Nobody was on anything different. Becks was on the bench, Butty was on the bench. It was a £2,000 bonus per player if we got through the tie and you'd played both games.

If you got on the pitch in one game but not the next, then it was £1,500. It was £1,000 if you'd been in the squad at all.

So we travelled over to Moscow for the return leg and we were stood at the side of the bench. It was 0-0 again. It went to penalties.

Between us we've got £3,500 riding on this shootout.

I'm on for £1,500 and it was a grand each for Becks and Butty. We're thinking: “Never mind the result, this is 40 weeks' wages!”

We were going to put payments down on cars as we got back to Manchester. We went 2-0 up after Torpedo missed their first two penalties…and we still lost!

Brucey, Choccy and Pally all missed. Some of the worst penalties I've ever seen.

In the dressing room afterwards, the three of us are virtually crying in the corner because we'd lost three and a half grand to Torpedo Moscow. I'd lost my Peugeot GTI. I think Becks was ordering a Maserati with his.

To this day, Brucey, Choccy and Pally owe us cars.

:s13: :s13:

Last edited:

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The young players will need to play together in the team for at least 2 yrs before they can gain the experience to compete with the current top teams in the EPL. The only big question is whether the manager is able to remain for 2 yrs.

rizal5150

Banned
Reaction score
United have not won an away match in all competitions since March - when they beat Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League - but Solskjaer insists he is not worried about their struggles on the road.

"Why should we coaches be concerned? We're looking forward to things, we're looking for solutions," he said.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11814603/marcus-rashford-manchester-united-boss-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-not-worried-about-forwards-form

Agree with ole. As a small club, it's normal to lose away games. Every point won is hard earned.:o

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"[Daniel] has not trained the last few days," Solskjaer said. "Hopefully [he might be fit] but not sure.

"We'll have a recovery day with everyone on Friday and we'll see on Saturday. Not really [expecting Pogba and Martial back]. They've not been training yet so I don't think so."

No Pogba. :(

Hopefully its a thick smoke bomb.

Long road ahead guys.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
United have not won an away match in all competitions since March - when they beat Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League - but Solskjaer insists he is not worried about their struggles on the road.

"Why should we coaches be concerned? We're looking forward to things, we're looking for solutions," he said.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11814603/marcus-rashford-manchester-united-boss-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-not-worried-about-forwards-form

Agree with ole. As a small club, it's normal to lose away games. Every point won is hard earned.:o

Small clubs practise their set pieces and make the most out of it. We cant do **** from set pieces lol.

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It was a very young team, and I chose to look on the bright side this time. Couple of moves were decent, and a lot better retention of possession this time round. Yes, it was probably a side that would probably be League One or Two material, but the boys did decently I felt. I remember how our youths struggled against physical League Two sides in past cup games... I know how apprehensive I felt when entering NS at 19, so for them to play in OT at 16/17 must be quite daunting.

Tahith has quick feet but is too scrawny. Even skinnier than CristianoR was when he first joined, so he'll need to get more body strength first. AngelG seemed to be quite deft and confident of himself. Will see if he can keep it going.

MarcusR threaded some really good balls a couple of times, but DiogoD lacks the acceleration and crossing to deliver good balls in. This is the only area he can work on to give himself a chance at being the 2nd choice right back, because I can't see him beating AaronWB at defending.

FC Astana didn't attack much, and when they did, they didn't seem to have very good execution to trouble our defence. So no conclusions as to the quality of AxelT as a centre-back.

But one thing seems certain, and that is MasonG seems to have the potential to make it at United. We can only hope he doesn't turn out to be a FedericoM.

Previously your account tio hacked? :s11:

Last edited:

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
“2017-18 season, [Spurs] achieved record revenues of £380.7m and pre-tax profit of £138.9m — the largest annual profit ever recorded by a football club. This summer its net transfer fee spending was about £120m ...among the highest in the Premier League. “ https://t.co/F4sOQgx0Z6

Ottoke

Reaction score
NEXT MANCHESTER UNITED FIXTURE

22 September 2019, Sunday

Premier League 2019/20
9pm - West Ham United vs Manchester United [WHUMUN]
mio Stadium 102 (Singtel TV Channel 102, StarHub TV Channel 227)

Hypernova

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he is fast becoming Danny Welbeck MkII

I think his problem is hanging out and partying with Lingard too much.
近朱者赤, become unfocused and complacent

Not being a nazi but 近朱者赤 refers to being good when you go along with good company.is the 近墨者黑(2nd half) which means being bad when you hang out with bad company.

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The young players will need to play together in the team for at least 2 yrs before they can gain the experience to compete with the current top teams in the EPL. The only big question is whether the manager is able to remain for 2 yrs.

This batch of young players like Rashy, can forget it. Already 4th season of playing regular football. 3 season add up barely 20goals, get good contract, what there to work for really.

This club is all about generating click for social media, marketing. Paying lip service, nothing to show to the fans week in week out. The fans wont turn against Ole. Last season at this point people want Mou head.

E.g. Quote "We are working every single day in training with Marcus. He wants to improve and be better." This is so common at United. Talk and talk and more talk. Will Rashy score more penalties this coming Sunday lol. Or Ref will send WHU player off.

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not being a nazi but 近朱者赤 refers to being good when you go along with good company.is the 近墨者黑(2nd half) which means being bad when you hang out with bad company.
thanks for the correction :o lesson taken

anyway, hope they can ship Lingard on next summer,
Sir Alex would have gotten rid of him in the blink of an eye for his off-field antics and pathetic on-field performances

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the new managers were all struggling for results, success and to meet expectation. so its not easy for them to chop players off. especially Lingard, who can still make a lot of social media traffic for the club(makes Ed happy)

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, both MR10 and AM9 has had 116 appearance for United in the League and clocked 30 and 36 goals respectively.

Both highest tally in the league per season is 10 for Marcus and 11 for Martial.

Esp. MR10, burst in the scene with such flair and excitement but now still can only coin him as "potential". Just hoping he won't be like Lingard, 27/28 yrs old still "potential" :o

RuMmYtUb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow missing Martial, Pogba and James.

Thankfully Chicharito has left West Ham.

rizal5150

Banned
Reaction score
thanks for the correction :o lesson taken

anyway, hope they can ship Lingard on next summer,
Sir Alex would have gotten rid of him in the blink of an eye for his off-field antics and pathetic on-field performances

ship lingard? more likely he's getting a new contract. :s22:

but he still young (27 only) and got potential so can give chance. :o

19dino

Master Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, both MR10 and AM9 has had 116 appearance for United in the League and clocked 30 and 36 goals respectively.

Both highest tally in the league per season is 10 for Marcus and 11 for Martial.

Esp. MR10, burst in the scene with such flair and excitement but now still can only coin him as "potential". Just hoping he won't be like Lingard, 27/28 yrs old still "potential" :o

"Golden Boy" Ando retired at 31...
This 2 got sometime...

For Rashford, we all know he is more dangerous when coming out left... James is equally effective for us at the moment there... I hope Gomes n Garner gets fast tracked into the team.

In Chongs place, we already got James n Rashford...

Martial
Rashford Gomes Greenwood
Garner McTominay
Shaw Lindelof McGuire AWB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.