Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Like Tree383Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2019, 01:35 PM   #5656
Greater Supremacy Member

LOL he rather not do it on pitch.
Lingard does his training on social media.
Anyway Ole should start Lingard as DM.
He fits the Kante fitness, he can run around headlessly just to tackle.
Tackling is no brainer so it is easy for him.
We leave the AM role to Mata or push Pigba up front.
Tackling is no brainer? Your timing good no foul. Timing not good is a foul.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 26-08-2019, 01:46 PM   #5657
Arch-Supremacy Member

We should be capable of achieving a result even with a ref who made poor decisions because he swung to the other extreme to appear like he doesn't succumb to the OT/United pressure.

My gripe is not with PaulP alone. I never liked players who choose to try to beat 2 or 3 markers alone. Great when he pulls it off, and it's groans when he doesn't. AnthonyM has a habit of doing it as well, but he doesn't get many chances to run with the ball in his current position. WayneR used to do that quite a few times, dropping deep to try to build up play only to lose possession.

PaulP making a superstar pass/assist once in a while doesn't exonerate him when he makes poor decisions like that. And he's supposedly more than capable of picking out a pass even if there isn't someone near him to receive a simple pass.

Just like Nani was frustrating to watch because he tries long shots but only scores a wonder goal out of 30 or 40 attempts, so is any player who tries to dribble 2 or 3 markers and fails 7-8 times out of 10. And exactly because that is his preferred choice, he gets double/tripled teamed every time he gets the ball.

Trying to make a through pass and having it intercepted is a completely different scenario from trying to dribble your markers when you are the midfielder sitting in front of the defenders.
Old 26-08-2019, 01:55 PM   #5658
Supremacy Member

Lingard's running around is useful but lacks the final ball. so if Bruno misplaces more passes than Lingard for United to drop the chase, how many is he misplacing each game?
let's just say well done to the staffs that we dodge a bullet, but they can't be knowing this fact only in the summer, no alternatives until we need to play Pogba in a deep role?
Useful?? I don’t agree. What’s the point of running around with no final product? Even if he does nick the ball of a player, he is headless enough to not know what to do, and usually the opportunity to slip our player in for goal scoring opportunity is gone. I agree with one of the bro who mention that all this headless running is good like Kante. But kante knows how to nick people or pressure players. Lingard? Only know how to push and shove players then asking for a fight when he is such a skinny dude.

How Pogba is able to thrive in France national team but not at Utd even when he plays a deeper role in France team is obvious. His partner is Kante who does SELFLESS running (not headless), he has intelligent players up front like AG7, Mbappe(who can finish too), heck even Giroud is a better player upfront.

Oh his back, he has good defenders like Varane to cover his back. (Intelligent and fast)

At United, sure got a good CB partnership now and just the 3rd game, can see the relationship need some work. That comes with time. But his partner is MCT, good lad but average at best. In front of Pogba, headless chicken in Lingard who is more interested in doing hand signs and clothing label than being a footballer. And we lack an actual RW. How Arsenil can get Pepe for 72mil but we can’t is madness.

AM9 and MR10 needs work and time will tell.
Old 26-08-2019, 02:10 PM   #5659
Supremacy Member

How Pogba is able to thrive in France national team but not at Utd even when he plays a deeper role in France team is obvious. His partner is Kante who does SELFLESS running (not headless), he has intelligent players up front like AG7, Mbappe(who can finish too), heck even Giroud is a better player upfront.

this is the important bit - there simply is no one upfront who is both intelligent with his use of the ball and his movement off the ball as well.. there is a reason why Pogba overdoes things to our frustration and that is because there simply is too much for him to do in the game.

Not surprising that our other main targets over the summer were dybala, eriksen and Bruno, who were all best at no.10, rather than a DM that some others were asking for. We need more creativity and goal threat in that final 3rd rather than headless running around. What is surprising, or even shocking, is that we did not get any of those 3 players, the blame i feel lies solely on the board and Ed Woodward.

Keep Lingard around when we are playing tough games and want to press high and disrupt opponents flow. Playing him for most of the other games where opponents sit back is just wasted.
Asakura likes this.
Old 26-08-2019, 02:30 PM   #5660
Great Supremacy Member

i mention he don't have the final product, didn't i?

the runs are useful, and yes it is a package deal, he don't make good of the possession after all those runs that's why to us he is shiat. but to the manager, they are picking him in hopes he make good of his runs.

and do they have a choice? the need is glaring but we decided for some reason not to buy the CM position. so suck it up and use Lingard lor
Useful?? I don’t agree. What’s the point of running around with no final product?

Last edited by Asakura; 26-08-2019 at 03:11 PM..
Old 26-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #5661
Supremacy Member

the runs are useful, and yes it is a package deal, he don't make good of the possession after all those runs that's why to us he is shiat. but to the manager, they are picking him in hopes he make good of his runs.

and do they have a choice? the need is glaring but we decided for some reason not to buy anyone. so suck it up and use Lingard lor
more like the board and Ed decided not to meet Eriksen's demands, or pay for Dybala's image rights, or shell out the 70m or so for Bruno. I am sure Ole wanted one of those players badly, but the board failed to back him up. 70m net spend is nothing compared to the overall scheme of rebuilding we were supposed to have this summer.

I rather play Gomes or Mata then - at least they can look after the ball better and does more with it than Lingard. With the amount of playing time he has had, together with the amount of times passes find him, he has done next to nothing in terms of attacking contributions.
Old 26-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #5662
Supremacy Member

this is the important bit - there simply is no one upfront who is both intelligent with his use of the ball and his movement off the ball as well.. there is a reason why Pogba overdoes things to our frustration and that is because there simply is too much for him to do in the game.

Not surprising that our other main targets over the summer were dybala, eriksen and Bruno, who were all best at no.10, rather than a DM that some others were asking for. We need more creativity and goal threat in that final 3rd rather than headless running around. What is surprising, or even shocking, is that we did not get any of those 3 players, the blame i feel lies solely on the board and Ed Woodward.

Keep Lingard around when we are playing tough games and want to press high and disrupt opponents flow. Playing him for most of the other games where opponents sit back is just wasted.
For all the talk about AM9 and MR10, they are the kind of players who works better with ball to feet. Trying to beat 4men at a go even though quite impossible. AG7 is like an upgraded version of Mata (Younger and faster) much like Dybala too. Smart and movement off the ball to create space for himself or drag opposition out of position for other teammates to move into.

Pogba is honestly carrying the whole team for the past 2-3 seasons. You can see other players playing safe, doing all the sideways pass. But Pogba will take the ball and do all the through pass/ Hollywood style but honestly, most times it will end on opposition players cause it’s risky pass to unlock defence. So blame who? Definitely not Pogba, blame the board for not backing Ole up.

Much has been talked about Pogba leaving but he didn’t force his way out. Look at Neymar, AG7 and even the Arsenil captain that left. All don’t turn up for training, refuse to get on plane etc. Pogba shows up and gets on doing his business.
Asakura likes this.
Old 26-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #5663
Master Member

Something must be happening in the dressing room.
Can see that the players got no hunger, desire and passion to win the match.
Old 26-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #5664
Supremacy Member

and do they have a choice? the need is glaring but we decided for some reason not to buy the CM position. so suck it up and use Lingard lor
Ole does have a choice. Have the balls to drop his godson and play someone like Gomes or Mata or AP15. AP15 plays with fire. Go in tackles not half fuked and he keeps running. The decision to drop him after the Chelsea game is ????

People say Gomes/Greenwood/ Chong too young, no experience etc. BUT look at Rashy when he came in guns blazing. He was 18 too. Nobody said Rashy was too young?

So Ole has a choice, he is being dealt a bad hand, but he got to play his cards to the best of his abilities.
Old 26-08-2019, 03:51 PM   #5665
Great Supremacy Member

there.
Ole does have a choice. Have the balls to ..........
Old 26-08-2019, 04:08 PM   #5666
Arch-Supremacy Member

more like the board and Ed decided not to meet Eriksen's demands, or pay for Dybala's image rights, or shell out the 70m or so for Bruno. I am sure Ole wanted one of those players badly, but the board failed to back him up. 70m net spend is nothing compared to the overall scheme of rebuilding we were supposed to have this summer.

I rather play Gomes or Mata then - at least they can look after the ball better and does more with it than Lingard. With the amount of playing time he has had, together with the amount of times passes find him, he has done next to nothing in terms of attacking contributions.
Mata has passed his peak, me admit
Old 26-08-2019, 04:13 PM   #5667
Great Supremacy Member

Utd's players are paid too much; they have the highest salaries in the EPL
Old 26-08-2019, 04:24 PM   #5668
Great Supremacy Member

the new players got a bit of hunger in them. how long will that last..?
Old 26-08-2019, 04:34 PM   #5669

End up same old sai.

Woody is the issue. Board is the issue.
Old 26-08-2019, 04:56 PM   #5670
High Supremacy Member

Play like f still get paid 200k/wk.. why bother.. millennial mentality now..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.