Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Like Tree383Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2019, 01:27 PM   #6871
Arch-Supremacy Member

1-0 win against a team i have never heard off
Saw the hightlight, Rashy got a few chances but keeper kept them out. fred was unlucky. I guess is a kind of performance United deserve to win. Chances were created.

Nowdays United really going long range haha. James on left, Greenwood on right, fred in center. Lets shoot from distance all day long hoping one go in.
Old 20-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #6872
Supremacy Member

People say Gomes too small size to play in EPL but many years ago a small Argentine player that play for Spur also same size or smaller size than Gomes. He was one of the best player for Spur.

If Gomes has a good skill and tech then he will succeed in the EPL.
Sergio Aguero is a better comparison
Old 20-09-2019, 02:11 PM   #6873
Great Supremacy Member

People say Gomes too small size to play in EPL but many years ago a small Argentine player that play for Spur also same size or smaller size than Gomes. He was one of the best player for Spur.

Osvaldo Ardiles?
Yellowfin likes this.
Old 20-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #6874
Great Supremacy Member

Aguero is much taller than Gomes

Long ago, ManUtd had Danny Wallace and Liverpool had Sammy Lee, both wingers, about same height as Angel Gomes
Old 20-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #6875
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sergio Aguero 5 ft 3 inches is it.
Old 20-09-2019, 02:20 PM   #6876
Great Supremacy Member

Anyway, both Maradona and Messi are very short - height is not an impediment to greatness
Old 20-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #6877
Supremacy Member

In the position he plays; number 10 / central attacking playmaker, i dont think it is a physical one no ? Receive ball and play, like Mata abeit his CAM role back in Chelsea where he performed outstandingly. I think in that role, it is more of a mental and technical one than physical one. You need to be able to think quickly with quick passing, one touch, pass and move kind.

When Mata moved out to the wing, he struggled. Mata 1.7, Gomes 1.6, but okay la, he still can grow.

Dont know, i play football manager only. lol
Old 20-09-2019, 02:51 PM   #6878
Supremacy Member

Erling Haaland tipped for Man Utd transfer by dad Alf-Inge… despite Roy Keane wrecking his career in horror revenge tackle

RB SALZBURG striker Erling Haaland's father Alf-Inge has given his son his blessing to join Manchester United - despite Red Devils legend Roy Keane wrecking his career.

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - who managed the teenager during his time at Molde - lauded the performance of his fellow Norwegian against Genk, insisting he is "excited" by what he sees.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...-dad-alf-inge/

Man Utd will need to sign him to have any chance of competing for the title.
Old 20-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #6879
Arch-Supremacy Member

It was a very young team, and I chose to look on the bright side this time. Couple of moves were decent, and a lot better retention of possession this time round. Yes, it was probably a side that would probably be League One or Two material, but the boys did decently I felt. I remember how our youths struggled against physical League Two sides in past cup games... I know how apprehensive I felt when entering NS at 19, so for them to play in OT at 16/17 must be quite daunting.

Tahith has quick feet but is too scrawny. Even skinnier than CristianoR was when he first joined, so he'll need to get more body strength first. AngelG seemed to be quite deft and confident of himself. Will see if he can keep it going.

MarcusR threaded some really good balls a couple of times, but DiogoD lacks the acceleration and crossing to deliver good balls in. This is the only area he can work on to give himself a chance at being the 2nd choice right back, because I can't see him beating AaronWB at defending.

FC Astana didn't attack much, and when they did, they didn't seem to have very good execution to trouble our defence. So no conclusions as to the quality of AxelT as a centre-back.

But one thing seems certain, and that is MasonG seems to have the potential to make it at United. We can only hope he doesn't turn out to be a FedericoM.
Old 20-09-2019, 03:52 PM   #6880
Great Supremacy Member

i would think most ppl when mention small is about his build. not height

Old 20-09-2019, 04:10 PM   #6881

UTD UNSCRIPTED: DAYS I'LL REMEMBER ALL MY LIFE...
Gary NevillebyGary Neville13 February 2019 14:00

At the time, I was on £29.50 a week, plus £10 expenses. That's what we all got paid.

Becks, Butty, me, all of us. Nobody was on anything different. Becks was on the bench, Butty was on the bench. It was a £2,000 bonus per player if we got through the tie and you'd played both games.

If you got on the pitch in one game but not the next, then it was £1,500. It was £1,000 if you'd been in the squad at all.

So we travelled over to Moscow for the return leg and we were stood at the side of the bench. It was 0-0 again. It went to penalties.

Between us we've got £3,500 riding on this shootout.

I'm on for £1,500 and it was a grand each for Becks and Butty. We're thinking: “Never mind the result, this is 40 weeks' wages!”

We were going to put payments down on cars as we got back to Manchester. We went 2-0 up after Torpedo missed their first two penalties…and we still lost!

Brucey, Choccy and Pally all missed. Some of the worst penalties I've ever seen.

In the dressing room afterwards, the three of us are virtually crying in the corner because we'd lost three and a half grand to Torpedo Moscow. I'd lost my Peugeot GTI. I think Becks was ordering a Maserati with his.

To this day, Brucey, Choccy and Pally owe us cars.

Last edited by sCuzzZy; 20-09-2019 at 04:13 PM..
Old 20-09-2019, 05:14 PM   #6882
Supremacy Member

The young players will need to play together in the team for at least 2 yrs before they can gain the experience to compete with the current top teams in the EPL. The only big question is whether the manager is able to remain for 2 yrs.
Old 20-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #6883
High Supremacy Member

United have not won an away match in all competitions since March - when they beat Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League - but Solskjaer insists he is not worried about their struggles on the road.

"Why should we coaches be concerned? We're looking forward to things, we're looking for solutions," he said.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11814603/marcus-rashford-manchester-united-boss-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-not-worried-about-forwards-form

Agree with ole. As a small club, it's normal to lose away games. Every point won is hard earned.
Old 20-09-2019, 07:00 PM   #6884
Supremacy Member

"[Daniel] has not trained the last few days," Solskjaer said. "Hopefully [he might be fit] but not sure.

"We'll have a recovery day with everyone on Friday and we'll see on Saturday. Not really [expecting Pogba and Martial back]. They've not been training yet so I don't think so."

No Pogba.

Hopefully its a thick smoke bomb.

Long road ahead guys.
Old 20-09-2019, 07:01 PM   #6885
Supremacy Member

United have not won an away match in all competitions since March - when they beat Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League - but Solskjaer insists he is not worried about their struggles on the road.

"Why should we coaches be concerned? We're looking forward to things, we're looking for solutions," he said.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11814603/marcus-rashford-manchester-united-boss-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-not-worried-about-forwards-form

Agree with ole. As a small club, it's normal to lose away games. Every point won is hard earned.
Small clubs practise their set pieces and make the most out of it. We cant do **** from set pieces lol.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.